Sword and board pure dps spec

Spartans and Captain America are cool, I’m with you 100 percent there. They’re also tanks. The Spartans in particular revolve around forcing an enemy to confront them head on, presenting an impenetrable shield wall and exploiting openings that appear as the enemy wails uselesslessly against it. They’re protection warriors. Cap is more prot pally without the holy magic, imo.

1 Like

You want to know what makes me think that (aside from the posts from other threads):

You’re arguing against people on a subject which will literally mean no impact to you, and you’re doing it quite rudely with your own argument being “nuh ah, because I said so”.

You’re literally saying that using a shield to offensively attack someone will throw off your whole enjoyment of the game? I call BS on that.

Of course you do, but being rude about it just because you think you’re right I don’t think is the same thing.

So you’re going to resist something, that has 0 impact to you all because you “don’t want the devs t have to balance it”, well I disagree. I think it’s not only plausible but I think it would be a benefit to those of us that like that style of play.

“I’m right and your wrong” is not what I would call robust debate. If you’re like that in real life, debates must not get very far.

It didn’t when it was implemented and it wouldn’t.

It’s literally a dps spec, so it’s not that difficult to fathom it being use in any dps sense, but ok then sure, M+ or raiding where if you do get hit, it could be beneficial in that sense. Ive been in groups where it would be beneficial to save the healers to have some good damage reduction shrug. To me though it’s not about that, it’s about increasing player choice to make it a bit more sandboxy, rather than a “on rails” game where you have only a small amount of choices and that’s it.

Hybrids SHOULD exist, I liked the whole shockadin back when I played, I thought it was an interesting idea. I don’t think that requesting some stuff to make a return because it was fun should be chucked out just because “you don’t agree” or because “they don’t do hybrids anymore”. More player choice is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Oh hiding behind the level 20 alt? Noice.

For being rude to those who disagree with him and his whole argument, which by the way is to stop someone’s suggestion, is “because I said so that’s why”.

I am, I posted a suggestion supporting the idea proposed by someone i agree with. If I don’t agree with someone’s suggestion do you know what I do? I scroll on and support the ones that I do agree with.

You’re actively against someone being able to play the way they want to (which they used to be able to), it will literally not affect you.

World of Wacraft, Final Fantasy XIV, Guild Wars 2 (although the sword and board there is kind of cool for the warrior), Elder Scrolls Online… I guess Minecraft allows me to do it, so that’s cool and I suppose reinforces that I like the sword and shield gameplay.

Aww man, a spec is a mess… Better cancel it! /s

Yep, this is very true.

3 Likes

Awesome idea! Shielded dps would be killer! Make it happen Blizz!

1 Like

My initial post was perfectly cordial. You then have decided to quote all my responses without the context of who I am responding to. But you agree with Goreskin, so you’re cool with his rudeness, and even jump headfirst into it yourself. Hell do you think I would ever naturally speak in that choppy, random word capitalizing pattern? Good god no, he chose to respond to me in that matter, so I demonstrated how ridiculous it looks. There isn’t actually anything even slightly rude in there if you focus on the words over the random capitalizing.

I firmly disagree with your assessment of my argument style. I lay out pretty detailed explanations about why I feel my views have merit. I’ve got a couple in this very thread.

Despite what you say, these things do affect us. Dev time is a limited resource. If you posit for something class balance wise I don’t like, I’m probably going to argue against it and I have every right to.

Maybe hybrids should exist. If there were gameplay to support them I wouldn’t oppose them. But there isn’t right now, so I don’t. I’m a fan of meaningful choices, throwing more options in for flavor or so there can be bad choices for good players to avoid is bad game design to me.

You seem to be greatly offended by the idea that someone would speak out against an idea you like. I completely disagree with you that it’s somehow more appropriate to just scroll on when you see something you don’t agree with. If that’s how you choose to do, go ahead, you’re certainly not obligated to voice your disagreements. But it doesn’t make those who choose to do so somehow wrong.

1 Like

“Rude” as I put two words in caps for a little emphasis…fragile much? Either way I ended that on a very nice note and wished that should Blizz ever put the spec in the game that you could enjoy it along with us.

1 Like

Yes, you’re the one trying to “take away”, or “block” someone’s ability to play the way they would prefer which wouldn’t impact you at all. So in my opinion you should be the one being respectful, in the same way that if someone was saying to cancel a spec you like I wouldn’t expect you to be nice about it.

I don’t agree with any of your subjective explanations, they all amount to “I don’t think it works”, but given the lore of wow and the fact that it’s a fantasy game, this doesn’t stack up. They have kung fu pandas!!!

It’s not like they don’t make enough money to be able to implement all these features and more. In fact their recent restructure was to focus on dev resources.

Fair point, even if you’re wrong.

Gladiator is established, works and is thematically great… Implement plz blizz.

Subjective, its meaningful to me.

There are tons of already bad choices, this wouldn’t be the case. It would just be a different choice.

No, I just don’t think your argument has merit.

True I guess, you’re still wrong though lol

2 Likes

I stopped reading here. You have nothing meaningful to say the moment you concede respect need not be mutual.

2 Likes

Cool champ.

So if I understand you correctly, you’re trying to pull the “hiding on an alt” card while not being on a max level character yourself. So if I follow your logic, that’s your main warrior and you don’t know wtf you’re talking about. Or it isn’t and you’re being a hypocrite. Either way, lol.

Showing disrespect like you have to 2 of the most knowledgeable people that still come here to wade through the 1000 “arms bad y” threads is pretty crazy, especially when aeden is consistently helpful to new players. You call him a troll and you don’t even know who drez is (i love drez).

All because you misremember a spec being good and want that clunkyness so we can have 2 bad specs instead of just arms.

2 Likes

I’m level 116 dude, not level 20…

Man, they sound so legandary! Should I bow to their opinion, because it’s the only one that counts right?

Should I?

Naaaw, good for you!

No, I played it often, I enjoyed it even if it wasn’t top of the charts.

It literally wouldn’t affect you, but sure whatever.

Maybe we just cancel arms then? less to balance… In fact why even have multiple DPS specs, lets just limit each class to 1 spec per role.

1 Like

Side note here, check out Skallagrim on YouTube. He does some awesome stuff with medieval arms and flintlocks. Has some really cool breakdowns on legit historical weapons strategies.

You’re 116 alt. Isn’t that picture perfect pot calling kettle dark?

Rude is subjective.

We’re on the interwebs.

Get over it.

That wasn’t his reason. In my humble opinion, ignoring everything someone says and breaking it down to nothing more than “because I said so wah” is pretty toxic and rude. Far more so than some sarcasm or snark.

Not.

Again.

How is it everyone you’re disagreeing with in this thread, you’re also completely missing any points they make.

Almost like you’re disregarding them entirely as having anything to say because they disagree.

Toxic. Rude. Indecent.

If you honestly think that you’re new here.

Yes. That’s my opinion. Isn’t that the entire basis of your own argument. People want what they want?

So four games.

There’s a lot more than 4 games on the market. You could keep trying if you’re that unsatisfied.

Sure, if they decide to.

It wasn’t significantly popular to warrant the work needed to flesh it into it’s own spec, so it was cut. End of story.

If that’s revisited in the future, it will happen of it’s own accord. Posting on a forum they don’t read is literally worthless feedback.

You’d done nothing but attack others. You’re an impressively sized hypocrite.

Do you understand that it doesn’t matter, you’re still, and I quote, “hiding behind an alt”?

He did not say that. Do you understand that?

I’m starting to see a pattern. You’re not reading what people are saying.

You’re responding to what you feel they are saying. Which is different.

Often is a relative term. Your activity in WoD was relatively low.

This, no matter how many times you repeat it, won’t become any less false.

Classic already exists.

1 Like

Thank you, I will!

1 Like

I’d imagine that this wouldn’t happen bc of the loot complications that would arise out of it.

I just want prot warriors to be able to execute. And maybe have a cool mechanic like every execute you gain a stack of unkillable, granting you 1% damage dealt and 1% less dmg received up to like 10 or 20 stacks.

Yes! Bring back gladiator! Gladiator was so much fun.

2 Likes

I sure didn’t miss glad stance threads.

2 Likes

It was a stance that changed shield block to another spell. Add it as a prot offensive cd

This thread isn’t about Gladiator Stance. Anyone who posted about Gladiator stance either coming back or staying dead can’t read.

i’ve been wanting a DPS sword/shield combo for warrior since before WoD, just cause i like the image better, and some char concepts fit it better. :frowning_face:

2 Likes