Sword and board pure dps spec

Can we please get a fourth spec for warrior (and maybe paladin) that is dps but uses ONLY sword and shield for dmg? I miss Gladiator spec but that wasn’t good because it depended on an already existing spec and was too hard to balance because of. Please make a fourth spec and bring back this awesome play style!

36 Likes

I too would want it but its not gonna happen

2 Likes

It would be nice to have the old gladiator stance giving you buffs to shield slam, focus rage, execute, heroic strike, rend, cleave and whirlwind

All baseline

Better yet arms should have the option of switching into gladiator stance instead of def stance and make it baseline

10 Likes

I just loved that OP Shield Slam purge.

No. Shields are for when people want to hit you. If you want to be a melee with a shield, that’s what tanking is for. Learn to tank.

4 Likes

If there was a gladiator spec that was one handers and shield, then I would legitimately change my main. I don’t want to tank and protect others with my shield, I want to protect myself and slash/smash some decent dps numbers into who the hell ever is around me. Don’t overpower the spec and make it godly, but just let it have some middle of the pack dps. Some moves from arms mixed with prot. Overpower, Shield slam, revenge, pummel, Slam. Give it one defensive cd thats kind of like Die by the Sword, but with a block chance instead of parry. One offensive cd made out of Berserker’s Rage that also increases attack speed or something. Spell reflect maybe too. Anyway, dream big I guess.

11 Likes

yes please! this times 1000!!!

5 Likes

I can tank just fine and NO a shield is NOT just for blocking. Next

6 Likes

Too bad Blizz clearly does not care about arms over fury as most of WoW has shown.

Eh, unless you have another character, I’d say ‘ok’ or ‘mediocre’

NOT what I SAID. I SAID you only use a SHIELD when people want to HIT YOU. You absolutely HIT THEM with the SHIELD when they WANT to HIT you. If no one is actively trying to HIT YOU then you use a SECOND WEAPON or put BOTH HANDS on your MAIN WEAPON.

2 Likes

Can we stop making this thread every day.

5 Likes

You said a shield is for when people want to hit you, thus also saying that a shield is just for blocking. GJ though.

Not until it happens. Why are you so against player choice?

Theres a lot of players who want to live the fantasy of dpsing with a shield as in reality the shield was often used as an offensive tool as well

6 Likes

No, that’s not what saying a shield is for when people want to hit you means. We’ll try this again since you apparently are a special kind of dense.

Going into a fight, you always carry a weapon using one hand. There are three things you can do with your second hand.

1. You can use a shield. This is a great option if someone wants to hit you. It offers amazing defensive options, and can even be used to attack your opponent or hide your main weapon attacks. It is terrible at these things compared to your other options, but if someone is actively trying to hit you, the defensive options make it worth it, especially if your armor isn’t that great.

2. You can use a second weapon. Not particularly common in battle, though it was done, pretty common option on the streets or in duels. It’s not a particularly great option if you’re going up against armor, but it opens up far more offensive options than a shield does and is much superior to a shield if you aren’t worried about getting hit. Like say, if someone else has a shield and is the sole focus of anything that would want to hit you.

3. You put two hands on your main weapon. This is basically the undisputed best solution if armor is involved. The increased speed, precision, and range offered to you in this case frankly even out does the defensive options of a shield in many cases, and DEFINITELY outdoes them once armor reaches a certain point. And if no one’s even trying to hit you? Forget about it.

Every character fantasy that I’ve EVER seen anyone bring up in these threads about using a shield is a TANK fantasy. People just don’t want to deal with the mechanics of tanking but still want their tank fantasy. Sorry, that’s just not how it works.

2 Likes

You’re wrong. In history poeple used a shield as an offensive weapon just as much as their sword… there were no “tanks” in the medieval age… the shield was just as much offensively as defensive

5 Likes

Why do you have a personal vendetta against people having fun or there being another spec? Does it really upset you that much? Did you get owned by a lot of glad spec warriors in Warlords? Seriously what is the issue here?

6 Likes

/2(Trade) Hellscreamers smithy fully stocked with great shield spikes, including dark iron and saronite! [Blacksmithing] PST for pricing

No I’m not.

Yes there were. Nearly everyone was one. Most people in a battle went into it with the expectation that other people would be trying to hit them back. THAT IS WHY THEY WOULD USE SHIELDS. If they were already using one because it was super freaking awesome at protecting them…….they would then employ it offensively as well.

You see a total of ZERO examples of people deciding they don’t need a shield for protection, and then choosing to carry one anyway because it makes such a great off-hand weapon. It doesn’t. It’s heavier than another weapon, has terrible range, it’s slow, useless against armor, etc. When people determine that they don’t need a shield, they either grab another weapon, or put both hands on their main weapon. Hence the dominance of the pollax on the battlefield after the introduction of plate armor.

It makes zero sense as a dps spec. It is purely for people that enjoy a tank fantasy, but don’t have the ability or desire to tank. Go tank or get a new fantasy.

2 Likes

Have a like and good luck :+1:

2 Likes

You realize that you are trying to argue realistic stuff into a fantasy game pertaining to a class that duel wields two handed weapons, right? I surely hope no one monitoring these forums takes you seriously at all.

7 Likes