Swifty's NPC Removed

Blizzard, why did Swifty’s NPC get removed?

I like how you just acted on accusations, empowering the accusers whether he did it or not.

Guilty until proven innocent.

102 Likes

Believe victims. Even victims of your idols. Your fave is capable of horrible things.

24 Likes

Its not believing in victims, a person is only a victim if there is evidence to prove that the accused is guilty. Our laws are in place for a reason, acting on something with no plausible cause, is a knee jerk reaction because some people accused him of something.

He is not an idol, however, he should be fairly treated. Until proven guilty.

115 Likes

May I please have some context? Thank you.

:cookie:

43 Likes

There’s more dudes in jail for rape they didn’t commit than you know.

44 Likes

I’m unsure what said person is accused of, but maybe they removed it until the issue is resolved. They aren’t a government or anything, just a game company.

11 Likes

Allegedly Swifty did some shady things to Women so Blizzard removed his npc.

1 Like

You need to take the allegation seriously and then wait for further evidence, you don’t immediately act as if the guy did it.

Half of these recent allegations in the video game/streaming space have already been proven false and it’s only been like 3 days.

55 Likes

There were allegations about many streamers, etc Swifty was one, however, they are allegations. He wasn’t charged with anything, at least yet.

18 Likes

This is a horrible motto.

No one should be assumed to be guilty simply because an accusation was made. People are innocent until proven guilty. Not until someone says they aren’t with no evidence to back it up.

103 Likes

Unfortunately in today’s cancel culture the opposite is true.

When you can have your own life ruined or suffer penalties for even pointing out that things aren’t proven, it’s better to not risk it. That’s the sort of sham that social media and this whole nonsense has wrought on society. Any nobody thinks that because they can post something they have a voice, and anyone with a voice thinks that it gives them authority.

23 Likes

2% of accusations are false.

5 Likes

Unless it’s the court of public opinion as so many things are now in which case…

Surprise! Your NPC was removed.

Tough luck, guilt presumed :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Actually 10% of reports made to the police are proven false, I’d assume a much higher % of internet allegations are false.

26 Likes

So when someone makes an accusation against you, they should be believed. Got it.

Why did you do it Caelus? That was messed up.

53 Likes

If any % of accusations are false, we can’t just assume any specific one is true unless we have evidence.

24 Likes

This is a terrible outlook, to be honest. All victims should be taken seriously, but we live in a society where the accused has rights too. To just blindly believe someone without fact checking is outright terrible and has resulted in more innocent men / women being put away than one could imagine.

Our justice system is about ensuring the defendant is properly given due process (informed of what he / she did), and judging him / her based on facts, and evidence. Just because someone said someone did something terrible does not make it automatically true.

45 Likes

Wait. Did someone meetoo’d swifty?

7 Likes

I’m now convinced you also believe of the Brett Kavanaugh controversial as well

4 Likes

Do you think that entire story was a lie? How it matched up with the other story? Nah. It’s not some evil plot they came up with. Swifty is a crappy person.

2 Likes