Swarm Defense Ardenweald world quest bugged

Still broken yup, same bug happens during the Legion questline on Horde Side in Stormheim with the catapults

The issue must have something to do with limitations on the projectile and collision. If you are shooting “at the air”, meaning if the bug you’re aiming at has nothing behind it, the projectile explodes right after it is shot. I would guess this is the behavior for projectiles that will never collide with an object. If you aim at a bug that has a collidable object behind it, the projectile will shoot normally. That is why the suggestion to shoot at the bugs in front of the tree works. I just completed it from the center mount. You can see what I mean, if you just aim the gun at the tree and shoot (projectile shoots normally), then aim the gun just barely to the right of the tree (projectile explodes immediately).

What the crap? STILL BUGGED! Do what others have said, shoot the tree behind you on the dragon on the right. Still sucks but, you can finish the dang quest.

Still bugged - AND there’s a hideously annoying irregular roaring sound that somehow almost matches the bugged out performance in making this an intolerable experience.

2 Likes

Kind of obscene that it’s STILL bugged, and that horrible sound makes it way worse. Bliz, why are you letting this go on? You HAVE to know about it by now.

This is now the third unrelated quest I’ve come across with this issue over the last 5 months. It seems that any quest using this mechanic is bugged in the exact same way. The “Fire at Will!” mission required to unlock questing in Stormheim is particularly bad as it can be impossible to finish depending on your class and unlike this one is required to progress through the campaign. Sigh….

1 Like

what a surprise it’s been over a month since the OP and it’s still bugged

1 Like

Same problem it’s bugged

In case you’re wondering… it’s still bugged and cannot be completed… LOL

This quest is also bugged for me.

Hello, Blizzard!? This bug has been here for a long time, wtf is wrong with this company. A completely dead world quest and they won’t even turn it off and give you a different one.

I tried shooting bugs for over 10 minutes and shot down only 10, but that’s because they were right in my face. Can you mail me my conduit. Only fair. Can’t help if your game is broken, we all pay every month for a good service. Just saying. :slight_smile: :kissing_heart:

Ok, so I don’t give up easy. I got my Conduit.
I went back in on the left mount. You can shoot down the bugs that are directly in front of you. Only 2 of the bugs you’ll be able to kill. Just keep doing that until you hit your 45. It doesn’t take much time to accomplish this.

But fix your game WOW! You’re better than this. Malkure is spot on, this Quest has been broken for a long time now.

Still bugged.

Same is happening to me, and not only in this quest, each quest you need to “shoot” while in a mount/device is bugged.

Apparently this bug has existed for a while. Please fix. One thing I noticed is that the length of the beam changes if their is a physical object in the background. Most of the bugs fly higher but the beam does shoot out to the tree on the left and rock formation.

Somehow this is…still bugged as everyone else is saying, how has this not been fixed yet?

1 Like

If you need to do this quest and wanna spend some extra time doing it. Use the left dragon and turn towards the tree. You can hit the bugs as theyre flying into the tree but it takes some time. Gotta time it correctly to explode next to them off the tree. Hope helps anyone that needs it for conduit or something.

4 Likes

ambas misiones estan malas, y es un bug reportado ya que lleva tiempo con la pared invisible que no deja completarla

How is this still a bug over a month later

December 11th and still bugged. But as stated above, if you use the left dragon and aim at the left tree, you can complete it.

Give it time. The fart, spit, and all jokes have to be removed first. You know, things that MATTER.