SW Weekly Market (refreshed)

Awe, thanks. :blush: We really enjoy what we do.

1 Like

bump for exposure

1 Like

Just a reminder to all Weekly Market participants–vendor, shopper, etc…

The Weekly Market is NOT for recruitment. This includes advertising for your guild either is /yell or /say…parentheses or otherwise.

The point of this is to eliminate spam in the chat window. However, it also includes standing around, whisper-recruiting without participating at all in the RP event. Doing so takes up needed space with your banners and so on, which our vendor RPers need for their booths.

If we see anyone doing this, we will ask (IC and OOC) that you kindly stop or move out of yelling range.

No, we can’t police your movements. Obviously. People here have the right to move and act as they please.

But because it is so very distracting to this regularly scheduled public RP event, continuing to do so will cause you to be blacklisted (set on ignore) by all participating RPers.

We know not everyone need abide by our requests. It’s not our server. But there are many other places in the city to recruit during this 2-hour window once per week. All we are asking for is courtesy in this regard. Thank you. :wink:

6 Likes

Tonight was a riot. Literally. I hope people listen to your rule next week so it doesn’t happen again. Thanks for continuing to do this even after…-whatever- tonight was.

3 Likes

Mhmm. Unfortunately, people on this server have the freedom to do whatever they wish. Even the TOS regarding planned RP event trolling is veeery thin and most tickets opened to that end result in no action on Bliz’s part.

People can do what they want. But it’s common courtesy on an RP server not to disrupt public planned RP events when you come across one. Especially an established one like this that has been going over two years now every single week.

Requesting for people not to break that RP immersion/cause distraction through spam recruitments for that brief window of time/section of SW isn’t too much to ask IMO. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m sorry. I really try not to, and I really -hate- to interrupt events. I’m doing my damndest to not when there’s a market, or a g-news going on.
But as you said, all we can do is kindly ask them to move. And it’s unfortunate it goes down this way.
I apologize, and I will make a heavily conscious effort to avoid involvement so no scene happens that disrupts rp.

5 Likes

A reminder, everyone…

We have two IC security groups for the Market. Greyshields and United Aegis have–within the scope of the SW Weekly Market event–all authority to police the activities of the Market.

We’ve had many instances in the past few months of people not taking their direction seriously. Even being so rude as to outright ignore them.

This is blatantly against the rules we set forth for this RP event. Even if your character ICly defies authority, you must still at least acknowledge that these groups have such authority and respond accordingly.

Not doing so won’t be permitted. If you wish to participate in the SW Weekly Market–whether as a vendor, shopper, thief, whatever–you must consent to these terms (see initial post if there is any confusion). Failure to do so will make you unwelcome by all participating groups in the event.

4 Likes

If anyone would like to discuss the market or these requests, please know I would be happy to anytime I am around.

2 Likes

plz dont bully the noodle bears. thanks

1 Like

I for one, enjoyed being there and will continue to encourage my guild to enjoy the fun. Though I only plan to actively sell goods every other week as not to take space from potential guild and rper who want to join in too!

Its quite refreshing to see this type of Rp really makes ther server come alive.

Remember though if you want Lemon bars, the Keepers sell RIGHTGEOUS LEMON BARS!

2 Likes

Hello all! Runaway Theater Troupe is shaking those holiday lazies! And Our little piggies will be back to Market!

Catch us for rounds of new planned activities like Holiday Madness Shananigans, Ambient Light and Fireworks Displays, and Game Booths to bring a taste of Darkmoon to the big city! Stay tuned!

1 Like

Ahh, I was wondering what was going on out there a few days ago. Relatively new to the server and forgot there was a Monday marketplace event there. That plus the riot (which at the time I didn’t know that that’s it was) had me pretty confused. I just stood around and watched for a bit, so if I got in the way at all I apologize. :blush:

2 Likes

Good Morning! This is for you specifically Mailang, does the marketplace community have a discord? I am hosting a Rp/PvP training and tournament event currently and our next one is in February. I was wondering if the marketplace would like to set up shop around the area so we can start a festival type of event. If this is something that might interest you, please let me know:)

2 Likes

We do have a discord, but it’s more specifically for Market people for organization purposes and planning. But! That does sound fun. If you have details (time, date, any special themes, etc.) I can run it by everyone and see if people would be available. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hooray for market fun times.

Tonight is the first of THREE special Weekly Markets…Lunar Festival-themed!

So come by to get special foods, drinks, festival garb, candles, fireworks, and gifts to bring good fortune in the new year! Plus, some fun entertainment.

Hope to see my Alliance peeps in Stormwind’s cobblestone square (outer Mage Quarter, by the stockades, cooking dailies, etc.) from 7:30-9:30p realm time! Makes a great RP outing or date night.

Reminder: this is a RP event, NOT a recruitment faire. So please NO recruiting at the Market. :wink:

:panda_face: :sparkler: :ramen: :izakaya_lantern: :dango: :tea: :beers: :musical_note:

4 Likes

I apologize for the late reply, Mailang. RL stuff. Anywho, I’m planning on having the event on Thursday Night, and Friday Night of February 21-22. I understand if you don’t want to give out discord information on the forums so may I contact you in game in order to get into further detail? Perhaps tonight after your own event?

2 Likes

Yes, no problem. You can send mail or whisper me in-game. Character name is Mailang. :wink:

1 Like

Appreciate it, thank you!

1 Like

FYI everyone…

For the Lunar Festival special SW Weekly Markets (Feb 4 and 11), the Market will be moved to the boardwalk / harbor overlook area (just passed tunnel to Cathedral Square/transmog area) to offer our customers a better view of the moon! Come and join us for all your Lunar Festival and normal market shopping on Monday from 7:30 to 9:30p realm time!

1 Like