SV kill shot

Make kill shot able to shoot from a melee or ranged weapon. That way we dont have to weapon swap when kill shot procs.

3 Likes

How is this not a thing? Just use the crossbow or the ghost eagle to shoot from far away. That sucks for SV.

Err, what’s the problem here? Why do you think you need to weapon swap as surv? Kill shot uses the same animation as serpent sting.

4 Likes

If you have a ranged weapon equipped at the time Kill Shot procs, you will have to swap back to your melee weapon in order to use kill shot.

Imagine having a ranged ability that requires you to have a melee weapon equipped in order to use.

It’s a melee spec. If you have a ranged weapon on you might as well delete your hunter.

This isn’t an RSV vs MSV argument; just stating what it is. It works fine as is.

Edit: they specifically required you to have a melee weapon for this reason; you’re asking them to change what they implemented specifically to keep you from doing what you are doing.

4 Likes

Nah. To each their own. If people, like myself, want to use weapon swapping to take advantage of the unpruned range abilities, it’s all good.

What’s not all good is having a ranged ability require a melee weapon to use. That only makes sense in Bizarro World.

You do whatever you want.

But no matter what you decide, the spec is designed with the intent to be played in melee, hence why it’s abilities are designed to work with a melee-weapon.

5 Likes

What if I decide to have to have smoked ham on rye?

I got no clue what rye is, but if people want pineapple on pizza, let em…

But weapon swapping for sv is not a mechanic, it’s a byproduct and in no way has to be viable

2 Likes

Like I said, you do whatever you want to.

Nah not to each their own. That’s literally what it is. Whether anyone’s hates or loves the melee spec.

The spec cannot function even remotely competitively in that way for a number of reasons. But I guess in open world if you want to troll around that’s your choice.

Most of SV base and talented abilities are ranged and Kill shot is the only ranged ability that requires a melee weapon. It doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

I don’t understand the need from this KS can and has been useable from range all along so even if you have a melee weapon equiped your able to use it from 40 yards out.

2 Likes

It’s a kind of bread.

h ttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rye_bread

1 Like

You’re right. The spec should just be ranged instead. But in the meantime, Kill Shot should not require a melee weapon because it doesn’t make sense.

I always do, homie.

Open world, closed world, out of this world, it will always be “to each their own”. And no one has to delete their hunter.

Should’ve, could’ve… Who cares, the fact remains that it did not. Time for you to accept that fact that for at least 2 more years, it will remain melee.

OP isn’t wrong. The other ranged SV abilities (Kill Command, Serpent Sting, Wildfire Bomb, Tranquilizing Shot, Crows, Flanking Strike, Chakrams) all have either no weapon requirement or work with both melee and ranged. There is no reason for Kill Shot to be different other than to punish people using weapon swap macros, and the -50% aura on Auto Shot for SV already does that.

5 Likes

Right because they didn’t have to add it. Putting it just on kill shot killed the idea.

There’s the slower auto shot issue.

I understand wanting RSV back but again that argument has nothing to do with what the spec is right now.

There is a reason. And that is that the spec is melee; blizz specifically put the weapon requirement there to solve that issue.

1 Like

Tranq Shot, also added in beta, had a 2h weapon requirement. That was changed in beta in response to feedback.

Clearly there are no hard and fast rules here.

1 Like

I think you are taking that change out of context.

Being realistic, OP is either trolling or severely disadvantaging himself in a spec that’s already struggling.

To each their own is right. Still not gonna get the melee requirement out of it unless its reverted. Edit: As in reverted to RSV.