Suspiciously Bad Asset Pop-In? Unplayable FPS Issues?

Just tried this. No effect whatsoever. Asset pop in so bad that zeppelins are literally flickering in and out of the air within what should be reasonable viewable render range

1 Like

Gotcha. Yeah, I didn’t know if it would work for anyone else, but figured I’d drop it in here. Sorry to hear that though.

2 Likes

I am experiencing terrible pop in since the update as well, hopefully something is done about it by launch time.

1 Like

maybe a resurgence of players on the server.

1 Like

Unless that seemingly breaks graphics settings from having very much effect like the 3 that primarily concern draw/render/view distance, then I doubt it? But I’m not on blizzard side. I don’t make games. Nor do I know the exact reasons as to why blizzard releases a patch with these kinds of issues for some of us, or why the issues are created in the first place.

But yeah, I’m glad it’s not just me having this problem. Makes me really happy. Gives me some small hope it may be addressed. I’m just doubtful they’ll do it in a timely fashion since most people ate simply complaining about stutters.

Its funny though how a “patch” meant to fix and add features and make things polished BEFORE an expansion drops, just completely destroys the long standing impressive draw distance of the game which was admittedly a deciding factor as to why its a mainstay on my harddrive.

This pretty pretty much makes it unplayable for me to a point I had to uninstall the game. Just plain sad. Makes me sad that I may not be able to be in DF on launch day or farm for stuff in prepatch that will get vaulted, because of this crap.

Dragonflight is off to a GREAT start here, Blizz… loool.

Its been what, a week since prepatch? With blizzard not even acknowledging the stuttering problems, much less this asset pop in issue?

What small amount of hope I have left towards playing Dragonflight is left to waiting to see if the bad asset pop in/render distance is somehow related to the stuttering performance problems thousands of people are complaining about having in tech support thread. So that when they fix that, if they fix that, I can actually play without running into trees and rocks or mobs and world boses while I’m flying at 900% speed on a dragon looool

Issues seem to be fixed for me since last update. Wondering if they are fixed for others now.

Yeah, I don’t have many answers, only a hypothesis. I noticed more returning players this past week or so. I do get render issues but it isn’t “distance,” related. The render issues I see specifically are graphical and unique to clicking onto my other monitor. There is an issue with sporadic black lines, and blurs on talent tree too sometimes. The thing is, its not a graphical issue, but something unique to switching between tabs/monitors and being actively in game. It hasn’t impacted gameplay in anyway, nor has it impacted graphics or anything else really, it literally only occurs during alt tab between monitors.

I haven’t logged in, has it gotten worse?

Still getting atrocious pop-in everywhere. Is there a tweak for this?

What GPU you have?

1080Ti

Is this some lua type Pop - ins as that is addon related.

No, it is the kind where objects and graphic assets on the horizon (when flying around for example) abruptly pop-in to the 3D world in an intrusive manner.

No issues for me either, also on ultra. Sounds like the problem is on your end.

I mean. Lol. Thats dope to know but, not just me experiencing this problem clearly. But thanks for letting me know your version is working swell. I am glad for you.

Anyway, to everyone else in the thread having pop in issues, I’m sorry I can’t ping you directly but I wanted to say that you should submit system logs/specs to this thread in tech support. Massive stutters with DF client

I’d love to get this thread moved but I dont spend much time here so no idea how to do that.

If anything I’ll make a new thread there and link this one to it.

1 Like

The pop in is unreal, even at max settings, pop in everywhere.

2 Likes

Tbh I think a lot of the complaints in performance are a direct result of outdated or low quality computers, and scapegoating the performance issues on to blizzard.

Ok. Well just as long you don’t think ALL of the complaints are from people like that. Because if you bother to go into that thread I linked, you can take a look at where I posted my hardware specs and system logs. I can even take a video. Might as well, to maybe speed this along and make people who are for some odd reason trying to put down others for having a legitimate issue that they’re not actually having themselves. It’s similar to someone not seeing that someone has a health problem on the outside, and instead of considering the possibilities that they it may be on the inside, they end right there. But, fortunately this is not a health problem. And is a problem regarding a historically all time bad optimization for this game, and because it can be seen on my screen with my EYEBALLS, I’ll just reinstall just to take a video so that you too, can see it with your eyeballs.

1 Like

Seriously? stop with these comments, you must be trolling, ryzen5600x 16gb 3000 ram, up to date bios for mobo, and gpu updated drivers, for evga ftw3 rtx 3070, nvme samsung evo wow installed on it.
pretty sure that debunks your comment as to being out of date, unless your expectation is for everyone to have a 4090 in their pc already just for wow to run like it used to before pre patch…

1 Like

I’m sorry I offended you and your toshiba handybook.