Suspensions going out for cache abuse

It was not always the case that rewards could possibly be obtained through ill means. They did not say that certain members were exploiting.

They may have been, they may have not. But the blue post does not confirm either way, and it’s therefore irresponsible to point fingers at other members of the community without evidence and call foul. Really, who is this helping at this point?

I think that would be best.

4 Likes

Still Blizzard sympathizers? Theres other gaming companies with more communication who get less backlash because they typically make less mistakes and respond more quickly. The longer you take and the more mistakes you make, the worse the backlash gets. There is no surprise that there was less backlash in the past because Blizzard was more vocal and made less mistakes.

Stop trying to defend blizzard they got all they deserved.

5 Likes

Two different points. I’ll address the second one first. I agree the grind was inane. In former iterations of WoW you could acquire a BIS and have done with it till the next tier became available. Now you just grind and grind and grind and when you’re done you grind again. This is not fun.

First point, the artifact weapons, or rather the idea behind them was fun. But the weapon received all the power and your character got none. And in the end? Your character was stripped of that power, whereas in prior iterations of WoW, your character retained its expansion growth.

Making legendaries random drops was another Diablo-import. In Diablo, legendaries drop like vendor trash. Because that’s essentially what they are. Most had garbage stats and affixes and were useless. For some reason someone thought it would be a great idea to infect WoW with the same disease.

Legendaries should literally be the rarest of rare and should have fixed stats and affixes so grinding for them is meaningful.

It will feel equally bad when your character is stripped of its HoA and you’re left with your WoD toon once again. This is terribad design and needs to go. Character progression needs to return to the game and by gum, this means level scaling either needs to be redesigned so that players scale to content and not vice-versa, or it needs to be optional entirely. Characters need new abilities and talents. Enough of this temporary power up carp – it’s rubbish.

2 Likes

One of my favourite things about Classic is the power leveling being known and static. It didn’t fluctuate based on how lucky you were with the dice rolls, and you couldn’t endlessly grind an upgrade to the exact same item - it was exactly the same power level no matter how many times it dropped.

Couple that with certain pieces being amazing and staying that way, it was a really refreshing system.

Yeah, this is a good point. Your character was horrendously incomplete without the artifact (and the right legendaries), and often didn’t play well at all. Then when it was lost, it was just all gone. I’m not sure if the traits themselves were disabled or if they were static, but designing around these artifacts and even the legendaries was a really bad system.

Oh I agree for sure. Especially since Blizzard intended legendaries to have an impact on your character. The legendary bracers for Fire literally made it viable. Without that you couldn’t raid with the spec and be competitive. The ring for DH made the spec play way, way smoother and it was irritating not having it.

I do wonder how it’ll feel, but I’ve quit often enough lately that I probably won’t stay until the new expansion launches if that’s the case. I actually haven’t bought the expansion yet, so we’ll see if I even decide to or not.

I do miss the character actually progressing, and I agree with your earlier point. The issue with trying to make specs feel distinguishable by removing core abilities of the classes is awful. A player should have the ability to make the wrong decision - like a Fire Mage casting Frostbolt regularly. Heck, one of the things I love in Classic is having downranked and baseline spells like R1 Frostbolt for a very fast cast snare.

I wish they gave us more abilities. The talents capping out at 100 doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

I agree, pretty much with everything you wrote. Sadly, after SL your character will still be the same as it was at the end of WoD. Blizz already said no new builds, abilities, talents. I’m sure they’re busy dreaming up some new garbage mechanism to substitute for character progression. That and Pathfinger, are reasons I won’t be buying SL either.

I cannot wait till other legacy servers get released and I can play Wrath and MoP to my heart’s content. I even would play some Cata again – TH and Uldum were amazing (wedding !!! and gnombliteration and the entire Harrison Jones questline!)

1 Like

WAIT SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT the locked boxes that give 500 of the things that take the 6 other things to make a key that i spent time farming to open arnt ment to be opened? wtf is going on with this patch I already have done 5 visions have got no gear come on blizz I havent programmed in almost 15 years and I think I could make a better game in VB at this point

3 Likes

I actually lol’d out loud at the ignorance.

My fingers are crossed for TBC. I’m currently Alliance (a 60 hunter, near-60 warlock, and I was fiddling with a rogue), but I plan to reroll and I really want to play a blood elf… but I’ll have to settle for something else on the Horde.

1 Like

TBC locks were toast in BGs (sob) I went from being queen of BGs to being everyone’s target.

I preferred Wrath to TBC despite the super easy dungeons (my biggest criticism). TBC rogues were awesome also mages were fun. Hunters? Always had a good time. I ran a belf hunter with my spouse’s belf rogue – we had a blast two manning Vanilla content and as much BC as we could manage. Kara was fun.

This is like the you are walking through a supermarket and find a 100$ bill on the floor. Do you keep it or do you turn it into the front desk clerk? Pretty much like I find 6 key fragments on the floor from a dead monster do I use them or do I delete them from my inventory?

This made me LOL. And cry.

kinda the point im frustrated and angry so im trying to use humor

1 Like

Really? SL/SL was insanely powerful, I remember them being mini raid-bosses. I plan to switch to Rogue, though. I don’t enjoy casters.

I tend to agree. The game devs have the power to write code that disallows unwanted actions, so if they don’t, and you can do it, it should be legit. Players should not be punished for poor coding by the devs. Otherwise, we have to walk on eggshells and do nothing interesting or unusual, because it might turn out that we were “exploiting a bug”.

the communication dept. was part of the 800 ppl bliz let go of last year

Earlier this week? The patch has been out TWO DAYS…

And, they shouldnt be handing out suspensions to ANYONE since no one know that it was actually a problem, they went about playing and thought it could be looted multiple times.

As someone else stated, you are just the messenger, but holy crap the balls on Blizz have gotten so big they dont even care when they are dead wrong about something or do something they KNOW is wrong.

3 Likes

This is bs. For those of us who started a day ( 2 days) late and see all this is a grind, why the hell cant we grind. If you can only loot one per day or rotation why not make them unobtainable once looted per zone. I did only loot one per 3 toons and was going back to loot more on main but now I don’t need to get a ban for OVER GRINDING.

I’m gonna guess anyone suspended for this did something “unusual” to get more chests.
Getting enough key fragments for a single chest took a while.

But it did feel like the optimal way would be to group up and chain pull mobs. If that’s all players did Blizz overstepped and should probably hire back some of those QA people they let go.
Nothing in the game indicates those chests are weekly or daily lockouts, just time consuming to farm.

*edit - derp, just read the blue post, they reversed the suspensions

1 Like

Blizzard already said they made a mistake and unbanned people. So yeah, it’s definitely on Blizzard and they really need to stop cutting corners.

Yes in raids, no in BGs