Suspensions going out for cache abuse

This might be the case, I didn’t do it, but there is still no indication that more than 3 chest is not allowed.

1 Like

This is one of those things that Blizzard fails to communicate???

So if you open more then you realized you get a suspension?

4 Likes

That’s the purpose of this thread, is to get answers like this, because nothing is stated anywhere.

6 Likes

If I remember correctly, I’ve looted 250 Coalescing Visions per cache.

I can only assume there are people who are willingly exploiting the chests to farm visions to max out their cloaks to this week’s cap, max out their research, get corrupted gear, etc.

Not surprising really.

Hmmmm I don’t see the big deal then :thinking:

So if someone doesn’t know they get suspended? Why didn’t blizzard let everyone know?

This gaming company is not the Blizzard I used to know. Where is the communication?

4 Likes

How do you get a key to open the cache? And how is it supposed to be limiting you without the bug? I have seen one of those chests that I couldn’t open but just ignored it for now - too much new stuff going on!

The key is a bunch of pieces that drop you put together, think its 6 pieces to make 1 key.

Then you find a cache is either uldum or vale then open it…can give about 500 of the vision essence.

Pal in discord was banned for 7 days, this is what he posted.

apparently there was a chest for the little essence to upgrade legendary cloak

and you could farm it

cause it was broken

so they banned anyone who farmed it

without previous offense or anything

no rules, just decided

and over 5000 people have been banned already
5 Likes

Is this for real or fake news?

The question is HOW did they farm it. Did they do like with the exp pots where they separated stacks and then stacked the buff or did they just farm mobs and get more keys then they should have?

3 Likes

The method shouldn’t matter, where does it say you aren’t supposed to get more keys?

8 Likes

That’s just it. Someone unknowingly farmed up a bunch of keys and they open chests with them and they get suspended?

I mean did blizzard say it was supposed to be a certain amount weekly? No not really.

3 Likes

Same thing happened here. No idea that it wasn’t working as intended and now 7 day ban… really?

2 Likes

So now grinding is exploiting?

7 Likes

My guildie got banned within 5 minutes of picking up a cache in Pandaria. Played the game like normal and was farming up the cool new currency and gets banned for it. Great game Blizzard!

9 Likes

For real? So someone in this game company can’t tell regular play from exploit?

Okay, so fill me in here; I looted two of the large chests in Uldum today, I just randomly clicked on them and they opened. Am I only supposed to be able to open one per day per zone?!?!

3 Likes

Have you personally been banned, or is that just the average time people are saying? Just curious, honestly. I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone actually get banned.

On Tuesday the chest was pure farmeble, loot a bunch of keys then spam open chests…rinse repeat. It was hotfixed the next day around 4pm.

TBH it doesnt even seem like people should get banned over that if all they were doing was killing mobs for keys, then opening the chests over and over.

4 Likes

I have personally been banned for 7 days and 7 hours. I was in the middle of playing when it went through.

2 Likes