SUSpensions for those who misbehave

Why does your “freedom of speech” (which others have clarified does not apply here) mean I or my kids have to read that crap? The rules to which you agreed say don’t do it, and I’m playing under those rules. Sure, stuff gets through, but I appreciate that Bliz makes an effort to act on reports. If you don’t get reported, Bliz won’t notice. So clearly SOMEone didn’t appreciate the outbursts. Standing together won’t change this. Clearly, the people have spoken and you’ve gotten a ban. Sounds like it’s time to accept that, adjust your behavior, and move on. After enough “suffering”, you won’t have an account left to suffer for. They will eventually simply ban you. I’m sure you don’t want that.

9 Likes

This is probably the most accurate thing you have said. Despite what you may hear from guild chat/Discord/Reddit/etc, the majority of gamers are sick of the toxicity in games. Blizzard, though rather late to the party, is going to end the toxicity one way or another. Either the minority of players (like yourself) will alter how they speak in Blizzard’s game, or those players (like yourself) won’t be playing Blizzard’s game.

Not sure if it was in here or a different thread, but I’ve seen players imply that suspensions add to the toxicity. Which is just completely backwards, because if you are being suspended for your chat, YOU are the one bringing the toxicity. Whether you started it, were responding in kind, or simply jumping into what you feel most players are doing at the moment, it’s on YOU for typing the colorful language and hitting Enter.

That said, there is still time. If you are simply suspended, that means you have another chance coming. Follow the rules, and you won’t find yourself in trouble. And believe you me, you’ll be amazed at how much that:

…can improve with a better, less toxic outlook and mindset.

12 Likes

I agree, that isn’t right.

Thank you for your input orlyia. I don’t know what to respond.

I’m sorry for trying to stand up for him, I didn’t mean no harm.

Why am I being attacked?

We do stand together as hating ANY toxicity and abiding by the rules we agreed to follow in order to play Blizzards game. You agreed to follow those same rules, so if you break those rules, expect to be punished for doing so.

10 Likes

Everyone is against me, I didn’t want to make myself the bad guy, the original post showed remorse and and I felt sympathy for him. He deserves mercy by our favorite company, its just a game. He’s been through a hard time, I feel for him. Help me out please.

People simply disagree with you. I don’t think it’s an attack. Plenty of advice rolled in there too.

10 Likes

No, everyone is not against you. We might be against the actions you do in-game, but not against you. You are arbitrarily trying to get everyone against you by stating things that you are solely responsible for as being everyone, but that isn’t the case. Take responsibility for your own actions.

6 Likes

The thing is, players are standing together. Just not with you on this issue. They are reporting chat violations, together.

The OP wasn’t asking for mercy. They were thanking Blizzard for breaking them out of the downward spiral into toxicity. It takes a lot of courage to say publicly you were wrong.

16 Likes

Sorry guys, I guess im in the wrong.

2 Likes

Especialy if you find this behavior is acceptable. This isnt acceptable in no normal scociety.

9 Likes

So, my suspension lifts on Saturday at 9 AM. I have missed out on a vault, 2 weeks of raiding or m+ runs with my guild. I can not stress this enough guys, IT IS NOT WORTH IT. If you’re having a bad time playing, take a break. It’s a lot easier to walk away when you’re getting heated than to be forced to walk away. Take a deep breathe, get up, and go make a snack, go for a jog. Do something other than berate your fellow gamers, yeah it sucks getting camped by a rogue, or having an entire raid team camp you at a pvp world quest, but it’s not worth it! Don’t suffer through a suspension or risking your accounts standing. Sincerely, a feral druid who has learned their lesson.

21 Likes

Follow the rules and we are all for you. Think a lot of people are tired of the toxic language that has invaded the game. People think they can say what ever they want with out any repercussions.

5 Likes

Well said and bravo! Be more of a person and not respond in kind. Takes more of a man or woman to walk away from a fight.

Plus if you right click report you can have the last laugh on them!

10 Likes

Sorry that my response wasn’t what you were hoping for. It was just my own observation based on your post compared to the OP who is taking the high road and accepting responsibility for their actions.

I actually have a lot of respect for how Uwubanned has posted and is suggesting that others in their shoes may wish to think twice and take a step away from the PC.

We all agree to follow the same rules.

19 Likes

I got a 24 hour mute for a pg-13 comment a few days ago…

If you received a silence for 24 hours, then you’re certainly luck that it wasn’t worse. Be sure not to use inappropriate language at all (masked or otherwise) as it’s against the rules in the game (which you agreed to).

11 Likes

The game is rated Teen. That covers content that is made by Blizzard and can be reviewed - because it does not change day to day.

Player created content (names and chat) is not rated because obviously nobody knows what we might say or do. We have to follow a separate set of rules. The Code of Conduct. It is very much G rated and family friendly. No profanity, masked profanity, slurs, insults, innuendo, illegal things, bodily function stuff, etc.

Public chats and groups are made of people of all ages and backgrounds. Save the colorful stuff for private chats/groups with friends you know won’t report you.

Also pretty shocked it was only 24 hours. I thought they went to min being a week silence these days.

5 Likes

My gathering was that the first chat infraction is a 24 hour silence. The second is a 7 day suspension. Followed by the third at a 10 day suspension. That is unless the chat violation is egregious enough for them to start at higher penalties up to and including full account closure.

2 Likes

There have been posts here about a week silence which is why I was a bit surprised. I thought that is what they were doing now. I can, of course, be wrong about things! I don’t work there.

1 Like