Suspension over a whisper?

So… apparently you suspended me for 3 days, because of a single whisper where not a single negative or rude statement was made… thorough investigation… i dont think so. I know it was because of this because a guildy who did the same thing also got the exact same ban. Are you guys crazy? … 3 day suspension over a whisper with not a single negative statement in it.

Suspension, or silence? If it’s a suspension, that means it’s far, far more serious than just a simple whisper.

8 Likes

its a 3 day suspension, the only reason i know why it happened is the guildy of mine who did the same thing got the same suspension. the crime doesnt fit the time though… so something is going on here.

When you purposefully bypass an /ignore to contact someone that no longer wishes contact - absolutely possible.

Appeals are not done through the forums, but through the appeals process, Làz.

25 Likes

You don’t have to say bad things to harass another player. If they ignored you, there was a reason.

8 Likes

Oof. Yeah, if someone doesn’t want to talk with you and ignores you… they would prefer that you get the picture.

6 Likes

your appeal process specifically mentions that it isnt overturned outside of being hacked. My guildy got the same ban and he literally only whispered the guy once. So something is wrong here.

You bypassed the ignore feature. Wrong indeed.

17 Likes

Yeah, something is wrong… if someone’s ignoring you, then don’t contact them or tell other people to contact them. That’s called harassment, and can get you suspended.

15 Likes

Talking to someone who has you on ignore, or asking someone to talk to that person on your behalf, is indeed against the rules.

12 Likes

Hope you get the hint! Sure that they reported you should give you a idea on how much they wish to hear from you! Sure if you do this again the punishment will only get worse!

6 Likes

lol a 3 day suspension over two puns. :slight_smile: Its fine. I canceled my sub, getting him kicked out of his guild for being a PoS and now we are even. Just sad my guildy got banned for nothing. Interesting how you can get banned for something so small, but someone curses you out on multiple characters and they still get to play :slight_smile: Guess it just matters who is doing the reporting.

Ongoing harassment, the violation apparently, is serious.

Blizzard gave us ignore feature for a reason. You went around it. The person reported it. And here we are.

Looks like working as intended to me.

Edit. It does not matter who does the reporting. It matters what the report was for. Seems ongoing harassment carries a stronger punishment than language does.

Also the last post kind of makes me question the nature of the whispers leading up to and including the punished one.

13 Likes

For doing the same thing you did.

Harassment is not small.

Not really. The exchanges are investigated, not just one side. You don’t know what it turned up with your former guild mate. There’s more to this one sided story, me thinks. Only because, there almost always is.

18 Likes

If someone cusses you out, report them for language. It is against the rules.

If you dont want you hear from them after that, then put them on ignore.

If someone cusses you out then puts you on ignore before you can respond, that’s certainly frustrating. But your recourse is reporting their language and putting them on ignore.

Ignoring is basically the only way to stop harassing or unwanted interactions in the game, and blizzard will enforce it strongly, as you’ve discovered.

15 Likes

Proof positive that Blizzard takes ongoing harrassment seriously.

Bravo Blizz. And thank you.

27 Likes

The rules regarding language and harassment literally haven’t changed.

Similar to the rules on the forums. They too haven’t changed much over the years.

13 Likes

The rules of have not changed since classic! If you did the same thing back then the same thing would have happened or maybe worse! Pretty simple someone puts you on ignore and you bypass that you will pay the price!

Pretty simple some people in game have got to the point they think they can say what ever they feel like it with no consequences! Also think the game owes them something.

11 Likes

Last time I checked, I do not recall that disagreeing with a term of service (presented to you before even playing this game) gives you right to wrongfully mis-label that company as a set of SJWs. I would highly recommend to review the ToU and the CoC of any game prior to use, as any company has the right to enforce it until legally told otherwise.

9 Likes

People who use that argument are ones who slap back like a toddler because they are being held to their word.

Anyone who played Vanilla would know that Blizzard enforced that during Vanilla. They have just made it easier now to report it. It’s not Blizzard’s fault that a section of the WoW community can’t behave properly in mixed company.

18 Likes