Suspended for Disruptive Gameplay? WHAT?

Of all the things that could be counted against a person, I’m standing outside goldshire inn, watching people duel.

I have a 3 day suspension, but I don’t understand why, and Blizzard’s email only says

Violation: Disruptive Gameplay

Your fellow players reported you for a gameplay offense that is in violation of the Blizzard EULA and/or Code of Conduct…

Like, was I standing in the doorway too long? I can’t even interact with most people because this is a starter account, so I physically can’t communicate with anyone 10 levels over me.

I did have a guy try to start a conversation with me (something about “bones”), but he was a level 60, so I just ignored him… We both had MRP too, which means he knew I was a trial, and thus knew he had to whisper me if he wanted to talk… Beyond that one guy, I had ZERO interactions with the general populace for the hour or so I was online.

It could have been from something that happened days, or weeks ago. Account action takes time after the report to investigate and take action if required. It’s usually not something you were doing just prior to the account action happening.

All you can do is appeal (instruction on how to would be included in the email you receive). We’re not allowed to discuss account actions on the forums.

9 Likes

I’m sure a blue poster will come along remind you vaguely of what you did.

Most people “forget” what they did and claim innocence.

4 Likes

I’d venture a guess and say it had something to do with your RP profile on the addon.

7 Likes

If it is inappropriate to say, it’s also inappropriate to put in an addon other players can read, Valui.

29 Likes

MRP profiles are reportable of anything inappropriate.

3 Likes

My profile has been the same since 2012. Why is it SUDDENLY not appropriate? Was there a change in policy after the lawsuits your company was hit with? What if I move things into outside web links that people would have to click on, through the addon profile, in order to read? Ei:
https://www.theverge.com/2022/4/29/23048768/activision-blizzard-communications-workers-america-nlrb-charge-wages-working-conditions
(And yes, I do have stuff like the above in an OOC section)

Is the following quote too suggestive? I’m pretty confident it’s not, but if it is, just ban me now and get it over with.

Her tones are low and thrilling, and within her voice is contained an excitement that any man who had ever loved would find difficult to forget; a bright song, an irresistible yearning, and a whispered promise of scandalous excitement!

Like the above quote, are the writing styles of Yates and Fitzgerald too suggestive?

Is it against “Blizzard law” to link Robot Chicken videos in my profile?

As loaded as this might sound, I am genuine when I ask: What about the part where I mention/criticize your GM/CM policy and suggest you lot are out of touch-- or possibly worse-- and that common sense now evades you? Is that too much, am I not allowed to write about GM policy, or rather the flippant nature of it?

2 Likes

Because it haven’t been reported until now. More to the point, having something as X from Y time doesn’t make it allowed, nor does it really mean much when it can easily be changed by the user at any given moment.

Doesn’t look good for your standpoint if you try to bring something unrelated to your account action as if it give any weight. But no, reporting add-on contecnt been a thing for a few good years now, probably four or so now.

Can still be reported, well most things can be reported by doesn’t changed the fact that putting anything in an add-on doesn’t mean you can post whatever in such.

Sounds like more like ERP and hunting at something that isn’t that subtle.

8 Likes

The policy has been the same since the game released, but profile mods didn’t have reporting functionality until later in the games life cycle.

Nothing in the policy, or your recent penalty connects with the link you posted.

Of course the appeal is the only way to help in this case, you did appeal?

6 Likes

Its not unrelated, because my RP profile has an OOC section with stuff like that in it.

That quote is derived (I might have straight up stolen it, dont remember) from Fitzgerald. A man regarded as one of the greatest American authors. If that’s not acceptable, then Blizzard truly is lost.

Again, several of my profiles are directly critical of Blizzard. And in what I am sure is much to Blizzard’s dismay, actually causes quite a few people to converse with me on a daily basis, despite the fact that I, on a starter account, cannot interact unless they choose to approach me.

Because you only just recently got reported. Doesn’t matter the reason you were reported; if there hadn’t been any violations, you wouldn’t have been actioned and wouldn’t have even known you’d been reported.

Also, the addon authors only recently (~2017-2018) made it visible to GMs. Prior to that, GMs couldn’t take action because they couldn’t see what was in it.

Eh… this is borderline, since–as mentioned–it hints at sexual activity that’s disallowed, but I wouldn’t necessarily action it myself. Not my call, though.

Depends on the subject matter in the videos, but since Robot Chicken was on Adult Swim, and therefore not quite “family-friendly,” I’d err on the side of yes, they’d be a violation.

4 Likes

You do realize that a lot of material by well known authors is not allowed in grade schools, middle schools, etc. Also that well known authors have books banned.

Just because someone is well known, or even a great writer, does not make their content acceptable in Blizzard games.

7 Likes

I have trouble believing that you believe that… Lets not go full anti-woke here.

I’ll tell you what, if you really do believe that, then report the post above, if they action that, and ban me, that’s the end of it.

1 Like

The racism in To Kill a Mockingbird wouldn’t be allowed in any Blizzard game, either.

12 Likes

It isn’t anyone’s fault but your own that you had something that was against the TOS you agreed to in your profile, friend. No amount of arguing in the world is going to make them change the punishment.

2 Likes

I’m half tempted to tell you to come at me. lol, but like I told Mirasol, if you really believe that, then report the post where I quoted a small section of my profile.

No, it really isn’t. You are welcome to your opinion on Blizzard and welcome to express it however you wish, assuming that how you so do abides by our Code of Conduct. To make sure there is no confusion though, your criticism of us in any of your profiles wasn’t even noted.

To be absolutely clear, Valui, there have been no changes to policy. They are the same policies we have had for many years. The only thing that changed is the thing that always does, you went from “not yet reported” to “reported and reviewed”.

The quote you provided may be suggestive, but it isn’t why the account was penalized. The content that was reported was far more graphic than anything you are suggesting here. To such a degree, that even with my expertise in innuendo and vagueness, I can’t even hint at the content without being inappropriate myself.

41 Likes

Ok, that’s what I wanted to know. I can work with that. Thanks for being clear.

1 Like

If it was that bad, you knew exactly what they were talking about :rofl:

13 Likes

I don’t really care either way, bud. I’m not about to fight some rando on the internet. It’s just a simple fact.