Suspended for 48 hours, its almost 72 hours now

Blizzard suspended me for 48 hours , however its nearly 72 hours and my account is still suspended, the countdown started again but this time in the negative, I’ve opened a ticket and nothing from blizzard , I’ve also tried resetting my password, deleting the WTF/Cache files to no luck… whats going on blizzard

There is a known issue where some suspensions aren’t lifting when they are supposed to. It is currently being looked into.

In the meantime, our staff should be able to help get you back into the game. Sorry for the frustration, Smelly.

3 Likes

Cheers mate,

How will I know its been looked at, I’ve raised this issue with the account’s “contact support” almost 24 hours ago and it’s fallen on deaf ears.

I am happy to get a DFT or an AQR as compensation for the extra timeout though :stuck_out_tongue:

Should have a notification in the top right corner that will tell you ur tickets been answerd. You filed a apeal correct.

1 Like

Hi there, I am in the same boat (thought I found a name that was allowed since there was a green check mark). Never been banned before, and my 24 hr ban was supposed to be over by now, but I have 48 hours left apparently.

What can I expect for actual response from CS and game time refund?

That means no one else has that name, not that it’s allowed per se. Common sense when choosing names and not those that violate the ToS isn’t too much to ask from players. Also, if it was simply a name sanction, they generally try warning first before give their time outs, so something must have happened before they went to the 24 hour suspension. That said, there is a known bug but ticket queues are taking longer than normal. Just make sure to note in yours that it is in relation to the extending suspension bug. Past that, you’re on your own. I’ve not seen anyone pop in with any recompense stories as yet.

2 Likes

I was suspended for 24 hours… When logging in got immediately hit with a 48 hour suspension. 20 hours after opening a ticket still nothing… Takes them seconds to suspend me because some fat troll didn’t like my name but ages to fix their bug.

Do open a ticket on these - and in that ticket, please do mention this is a stuck suspension BUG. Otherwise, the GM looking at your account really won’t see anything unusual on our side. This is a bug and that information will go a long way to helping them resolve it for you.

5 Likes

The best part is when I questioned in my ticket why I was given an extra day and what kind of compensation they’d give I got middle finger in a form of a reply .

“We can understand that you are having concerns regarding the recent WoW account suspension. The duration of the most recent suspension on XXXXXX is intend. This issue has been verified and reviewed, we will not provide assistance in compensation for the intended the penalty.”

so in blizzard world 48 hours is actually 72 hours

See, they would have seen your ticket as an appeal instead of a request to have the bug addressed.

If you’re still not able to log in, try removing/adding a subscription. A few others have said that trick worked for them.

If you’re seeking reimbursement, I’d recommend opening the ticket and making a very specific request (not appeal the original action) that you would like to be reimbursed for not being able to log in due to the bug.

1 Like

Same boat; can’t update or change either of the 2 tickets relating to this because of course that part of the site has been broken since at least friday. Should I just put in another ticket?

Try removing/adding a subscription first and see if that clears the suspension bug.

I’m not aware of any part of the support site being broken since last Friday. Your post would be the first I think I’ve seen about an issue.

1 Like

Anytime I try to view one of my open tickets it leads to " Something went wrong on our end" and a ~50 character error code that’s different every time.

And do you mean that I should try paying for more subscription time to see if it gets my bugged ban time removed?

No no, If you currently have a subscription, try cancelling it. If you have game time still and you add a 1-month subscription, it won’t bill you immediately. You could try that and see if it lets you back in.

If you don’t have game time right now, then you might want to wait on your ticket.

As for the ticket error, have you tried clearing your browser/cookies/cache etc? Or have you tried a separate browser?

1 Like

Unless you get the transmog item with the 6 month sub, it should not bill you upfront for changing the subscription.

If it happens, it will put the subscription time to the end, but my guess as a fellow player is it should not if you only do one month.

2 Likes

Yep, both the cookie clearing and buying subtime fixed my issues. Still overall unhappy with my Blizzard CS experiences lately, but thanks for the help.