Survival spec bonuses

Last set bonus from Shadowlands with Wildfire Cluster baked in. Make SV top dps spec again.

5 Likes

I came back from a long hiatus to WoW (stopped at the beginning of MoP) right at the tail end of Season 1 so I didn’t get to play with Season 1 much so that makes the most sense for me.
season 2 was literally so good (or really SV was so weak/weird) that it made the devs realize that’s where we were supposed to be so they baked it into the spec minus the KC buff.
But tbh Season 3 actually feels good to play, but that might be b/c we essentially got 1.5 tier bonuses due to the baked in season 2.

Honestly I’d rather roll the dice and have them come up with something new then vote for a “powered up” version of one of the 3. Just give us what we really want and have Fury of the Eagle have a chance to reset Aspect of the Eagle so I can pretend for 1 season to be ranged/melee hybrid again.

guys, season 2’s set bonuses were practically integrated into survival itself. Frankly idk why they even put that as an option.

It’s either:
Option 1. do you like to spam and deal more damage with mongoose bite
or
Option 3. do you like to throw the everliving sh*t out of wildfire bombs with brief intervals

3 Likes

S1 no doubt. Mongoose bites feel so good when they smash hard. Ranged skills should not be superior to 5 stack mongoose bite

4 Likes

S3 over seems like more aoe damage than s1 and comparable single target which makes it overall better to me. Fury does dope damage single target as well.:man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

You have gone full circle now have you? poor Beppels, the victim. Jesus you are toxic.

6 Likes

S3 SV is the best tier set of all 3 due in part that the Shadowlands 4 piece tier set bonus was baked into the wildfire bomb. so personally I would go S3 over S1 but Either is fine

1 Like

S3 is def the best overall. I know season 1 had some good ST but s3 just feels more smooth and fun!

3 Likes

I mean I wasn’t even surprised who voted for season two sets. You don’t have a play style as SV hunter

1 Like

S1… or S3… hmm… I like both. Too bad we can’t vote for the Shadowlands S3 set.

the question I have is atm s3 feels like we have a nice threat outsdie of our major cds. do you guys feel that s1 would still allow that? i do love making mongoose the prime button just dont want to be disadvantaged.

Wild that people are out here repping S3 when it is the weakest Survival has been in ages.

S2 is the best Survival has ever felt to play. The question is if you trust Blizzard to buff it to a competitive place.

I came in here looking for this from you and was not disappointed.

Season 3 is the best overall. Our ST damage is in a great spot right now and we can go between AoE cleave and a full ST fight and do comparable dps. We don’t need more ST dps. But, if our AoE lacks then we will have a hard time in M+, this is why I think S3 set is the best play because it makes us flexible and useful in all types of content and not just a ST raiding environment.

2 Likes

S1 just feels far more customizable and adaptable to different play styles, but I guess S3 is ok too :woman_shrugging:
It’s S1 for me

3 Likes

Can’t agree, S1 was the best play for surv this expansion.

3 Likes

For gods sake pls no sesson one tiier set

Season 1 is going to be the best performing tier in all content. SV has never struggled with AoE - it has struggled with having the best of both worlds. Our AoE is already objectively strong, same with our multi-target cleave, but our single target suffered due to talent funneling. Now we can have strong AoE AND ST through Season 1 tier bonuses. Season 2 tier has been baked into our wildfire bomb dmg profile and is now obsolete (it’s crazy that Blizz is just giving us a tier set they already baked into S3 spells - seems lazy af). S3 is pretty cool, but it’s not as good as Season 1 ST due to mongoose being so strong paired with several trinkets from the different raids.

4 Likes

It’s funny that you’re still around trolling MSV, keep coping that RSV will come back.

1 Like

please god not the mongoose spam again. Fury of the Eagle is visually fun and satisfying to cast and doesn’t make you do a whole build focused on a single spell for ST. S3 all the way.

1 Like