Survival not enough buttons

I been leveling MSV and after I throw my bomb and shoot my serpent sting it just feels like all I am doing is spamming Mongoose while interweaving Kill Command.

When everthing in cooldown it feels like a two button spec. I miss Legion MSV as it always had something to watch for. It may have been all about keeping buffs up, but that was what made it more engaging and exciting, you had to pay attention.

I do not understand why Blizzard thought it needed to be pruned back so far? WotM made the spec way more complicated, but if you took that out then it became more manageable to keep all your buffs up.

Some players like a spec that involves strategy cause when you pull off everthing perfectly you feel accomplishment. These overly simplified rotations just have no thought in them, it push A then B then spam X and Y until A and B come back.

Can we get some of that spark that Legion gave MSV?

1 Like

Thats one thing i like about it its simple and it does alot of damage.

why do people think they have to have 1m buttons for a spec to be good and fun?

8 Likes

This^

A class/spec don’t need a lot of bottoms to be good or fun. 4-5, maybe 6 attacks is all you need, a close gap, heal, and a few cd. I also use QE but they usually tied to movement or heals. Anyway.
We don’t need to do have 123456789qerfczv to play a class or be top of damage. That un-fun and not needed in any game.

5 Likes

we can agree that even will all the unpruning and no matter how many abilities we get people will always play the META specs.

i find that more people that dont do anything meaningful want more buttons to press.

2 Likes

If you’re looking for a melee dps that has so many buttons to push you don’t even know…well it’s called windwalker monk. Even before talents and essences, it has a millions abilities and a mastery that punishes you for spamming abilities. Also it does about half the dps of an equally geared laser beam elf.

It is not about the damage if spamming same four attacks is fun for you that is great, but I would like some variation in the rotation.

Been running dungeons and it has been same pattern of using SS,WFB,MB,MB,KC,KC,MB,SS,WFB. You can use Harpoon to jump to a target or CA, but the rotation is simple enough that I can take my focus away.

Guess players like big numbers without having to do much.

I do play WWM and find it more interesting that I feel like I am always attacking and not just waiting on CDs.

1 Like

I was a bm hunter, doing a lot of damage. I was almost always at the top of damage in battlefields, bands, etc.
Now I put it in survival because it looks interesting and fun, and now I have a better melee weapon but now I always remain in the last damage, to win an arena i have to do the impossible, which was easier before. In addition to that I have not yet seen another hunter in survival throughout the wow, for something it will be. It’s a shame because I love it but I find it unprofitable. But why is that? Before I saw survival everywhere, now everyone plays only BM

1 Like

Are you new to this game? Have you played any other classes?

MSV has one of the more interesting rotations. The entire game is mainly simplistic 3-4 button specs for optimal pve dps.

With wildfire infusion MSV ends up being one of the more thought-provoking and setup specs.

Regardless of the feeling of MSV due to the removal of RSV; there is no denying those that enjoy MSV is due to the satisfying gameplay of the spec.

5 Likes

I been playing before MSV existed, an I am talking about abilities not talents. WFI may change what button you hold off for next, but deos not add any more abilities to MSV over all rotation. Also based on your traits BoP can be a choice if you have Blur of Talons.

Likewise, I have other melee specs and the added abilities feel like I am a part of the action than just a bystander.

You are level 86. K

1 Like

No this is my alt k.

Then post on your main. Regardless all classes are simplistic with MSV being one of the furthest from it.

You realize Shadowlands intent is to bring some more abilities back to each class right?

By all means 86; tell us how the game balanced around max level is with your plethora of experience. Which clearly must not be any experience at other classes either.

1 Like

I main BM and only dabbled with MSV, it can be a pain to switch between MSV and BM with having to have the right traits or gear. Wanted to get a feeling of MSV from scratch.

Shadowlands is still a ways off and we do not know everything that is coming back, besides EoB and KS. Like them to bring something like Flanking Strike back as a bleed DoT. We can pick Bloodseeker, but like the synergy Barbed Shot adds to BM.

Like it if DoTs was the way MSV built up focus than kill command, then MSV could build and spend focus while attacking and maintain DoTs.

So basically you play a literal 3 button spec and are complaining about the spec that has a little more to it.

I’m just saying; you clearly don’t have the game experience for this. Most play BM; but that’s mainly because MM is atrocious and the others refuse to play a melee hunter; and even they agree it’s one of the most brain dead specs. This game isn’t hard; all classes are easy. But this complaint is of one of the better designed specs as far as complexity.

2 Likes

My argument is BfA MSV does not have as much excitement that Legion had. Blizzard did the same to MSV as BM and simplify the rotation by removing abilities that way more players would give the spec a try.

The argument is for more vitality to MSV ration without the need to talent into them. With talent’s choices changing each patch it can go from WFI to BoT being the best choice in a few months.

BM at the start had MoC as a talent option, which gave BM one extra button to use between CD. Now it TotH and BM looses a button pushing it back to a three button spec.

I do not like a lot of downtime just using two buttons, I want that complexity of what i should use next. That is what I like with Legion’s MSV and like to have some of it added back to BfA MSV.

The enjoyment of the specs are subjective, regardless of the number of buttons, or the difficulty of the rotations. Legion SV had been more complicated yes, but personally find BFA’s SV to be much, much more enjoyable experience.

You’ve started levelling a class/spec, and expect it to be something it isn’t.

2 Likes

Wanted to see if it was anything like Legion still, and why players keep acclaiming how it is a huge improvement from Legion. It maybe simpler to play than Legion but same time feels lacking from Legion’s version.

I started in Wrath when Hunters had way more abilities, and even if some of those were just extra fluff it still had that excitement of being ready for the next attack.

BM version of Legion was just brain-dead and adding Barbed shot helped to give it back a little more life. That is what do not want MSV to become, just another overly simplified spec.

I never said I hated MSV, seems you can not give any thoughts on a spec without it becoming “you just hate it cause you do not understand it”. I am asking for some filler between MB and KC when waiting to reply SS or WFB to come off cool-down.

I never implied you hated MSV…

Again, that isn’t what I had stated, but that you’re expecting it to be something it isn’t.

And that may not be needed for people that currently enjoy the spec.

While I like legion survival, lets not act like having a bunch of minor things to manage was great, especially when most of your dps ie over 50% of it came from one ability and you did most of your dps in spamming one ability the most you could in your aspect of the eagle window, the rest of the time you micro managed 2-3 dots and a buff while also spamming two abilities.

Legion survival was needlessly complicated while Bfa survival has a much better balance (along with no offensive explosive trap) with a mastery that benefits more than just one ability.

3 Likes

Just making it clear that this not a hate post.

I have only played MSV at max with my main, and wanted see how it was to start fresh as MSV. From stating at 20 an leveling up MSV seems to have a simpler rotation now without all extra bells and whistles Legion gave.

Great if you enjoy this version of MSV, and I am just voicing my opinion of what direction MSV has taken. Its a fine spec and all, but feels like it was given same treatment all other specs got.

Yes, it had some issues with maintain abilities. Biggest issue was using traps in rotation and WoTM having a tiny window to reply. However, I think Flanking strike could had been left in and just function like Barbed Shot. Mongoose Bite just feels like a stacking damage bonus, like to have a ability that synergies with your pet. KC and CA just feel like tacked on abilities from BM to feel like your pet is involved.