Survival needs to stay!

Survival is the most fun spec of hunter! The relationship between you and your pet makes it like a tag team event.

30 Likes

Well this seems like a strange and incomplete post…

11 Likes

Then how come every stat we have access to shows it as one of the lowest played specs in the game?

18 Likes

Because you are always looking at partial data and moded ones. SV is far from lowest played spec in the game. Its simply not shown a lot in the end game of PvE not because its not fun, but because its numbers are not well balanced. Mythic players goes for the spec that does most dmg, not the most fun one.

Probably strange, but welcomed. More should do. There’s not enough positive topic here. Easier to complain than to compliment.

4 Likes

This is false. I just looked up the stats for survival hunter. Warcraftlogs is down right now so I couldn’t check raids, but m+ and arena stats are as follows:

Surv representation across ALL levels of m+: 0.6% of all specs played, second lowest by a large margin.

Surv representation in arena at all levels: 2.1%, in 15th place. Hunters as a whole are the least played class.

Since melee hunter was introduced it has consistently had close to the lowest if not the lowest spec representation in raids.

Your arguments that survival is played a lot is simply wrong and extremely biased

19 Likes

Oh good ! You can use incomplete data !

Lets see, warcraft logs. Oh, you’ve “just” looked at it ? right:

The site is down for database maintenance. Will be back up as quickly as possible.

Now lets use memories… last I’ve seen Survival hunters representation at max level was at 2.5%, MM 2.8% and BM 3.something% and the average % of specs is 2.5. So hunter there is in the norms ! There’s more worst spec.

PvE stas… it was very low yes… but also tagged as: Players having completed 1 boss on Mythic… on Eternal palace in December. (The date it was last taken). Why low? because in Mythic you want the highest optimized spec over the one you love playing. And SV had poor numbers… not a class/spec issue… but balancing team issue. Since then I can tell you, SV going up. Some boss has it doing top dmg.

PvP, yep it counts only “Rated” content, thus Arena and possibly RBG. For Arena hunters always been low, but SV is top in it. RBG, you always wanted one hunter for defending points. BM shine at low rating, SV at high rating.

Random BG and wpvp? Id say they all up there in good numbers.

2 Likes

Even you don’t play it. haha

9 Likes

Most Hunter mains disagree with you. In fact about a third of the class stopped playing when melee SV was introduced.

Ya, that’s what Hunters in general have been since day of Vanilla. Melee SV is absolutely nothing new in that regard.

Do you have anything to actually add to your post or is this post just bait? My guess is on the latter.

14 Likes

SV is always going to have a lower representation because most people picked hunter because they were a ranged dps class. I happen to really enjoy melee SV, but I also spent years playing a ret paladin, so I’m used to and enjoy the melee experience. I’m currently BM, because it’s insanely powerful and I like using my spirit beasts, but I raided Uldir and Battle of Dazar’alor as SV and had a blast.

I get why people were angry when ranged SV got removed. It was easier to play than MM was, and a lot of people just don’t like BM. I’m guessing most hunters weren’t around when our 31 point SV talent was Lacerate. They were definitely trying to go for a melee hunter deal even way back then. They just didn’t know how to do it, so it came out being absolutely awful. The replacement talent for Lacerate wasn’t much better. Imagine having a 31 point talent that can’t be used in combat and it can be dispelled. I hope current SV does stick around, and I hope they tweak the other specs enough so that the old SV fans will enjoy them as well.

9 Likes

That’s not incomplete data? Its literally for every dungeon run completed this season? and surv is the second lowest spec by 40,000 people?

How could you possibly track what people are playing at max level? just based on what they logged out as? Thats a garbage, useless, false stat. You have to look at what people are doing content as. And they arent doing it as survival.

Hunters have not always been low, thats completely false again. Surv is top in PvP right now because its literally the only viable spec to play hunter. When the other 2 specs are viable, hunter representation is near the top. When I was doing my BoTE grind, doing about 100 BG’s I do not remember seeing a single survival hunter. Anecdotal, but 100 BGs is a decent sample size. So no they’re not up there in numbers.

Learn to read

7 Likes

Feels like I have to repeat n repeat… but I’ll just say:

None of the data sheet are complete enough to actually show a class / spec representation popularity. NONE of them are good for it. What they are good for is to show the most optimized spec / class for X spec.

You are judging a class spec by looking at a portion of the pie instead of the whole pie. A common mistake done.

2 Likes

How about the data sheet on World of Wargraphs that shows, in both PVE and PVP, that hunters before Legion were one of the top 2 most played classes for several years. Since the introduction of melee surv their representation in both PVE and PVP has dropped by at least a third.

How is charting literally every single dungeon run completed over 5 months, from +2 to +25 not complete enough? Like what? Thats as accurate as you could possibly get to seeing a classes popularity.

And if you want to use the argument “well its only because they’re not a good dps right now” then we can look at the worst spec in game for dmg currently - WW monk, and see that their representation is at 2.9% vs survivals 0.6%. There are 100,000 more WWs than survival hunters, yet WW dps is worse. LOL

10 Likes

Except we can look at the whole pie to know that the Hunter class dropped from 12.7% representation in WoD to 8.6% representation now. You just don’t like that data and try to write it off to coincidence like “A ton of Hunter players couldn’t afford to play WoW any more but all other classes could”.

11 Likes

Because every players in the game is doing Mythic+ dungeons? Because WoW is ONLY about Mythic raiding, Mythic+ dungeons. Mythic 0, Non Rated BG, RBG, rated arena, skirmish, wpvp, rp, heroic dungeons, lfr, norm raiding, heroic raiding, norm dungeons, twinks, etc all that is not part of the game and shouldn’t be considered in popularity?

1 Like

No they’re not but it’s a pretty easy way to get a decent view of spec representation. If specs that do way less dmg and have way less utility are more represented… Then clearly you’re seeing a spec that people don’t like to play.

Curious to see how you explain this one away?

10 Likes

I did, with multiple reasons, showing how we can speculate things but cannot confirm the real reason. I’ve also listed recently another example of how terrible that data is… showing the exact same scenario that occurred going from BC to Wotlk… where hunters like lost 5% as well.

That person refuse to acknowledge any outside factors, other than “It was hunter change on SV”.

If you want to “speculate” using those two data, from BC-Wotlk and WoD-Legion you could say it was due to new class being added to the game, and somehow the players behind hunters were more curious / focused toward going on that new class. Trying it or maining it.

Spinner doesn’t understand an important thing about those data, it isn’t a Hunter that decided to quit the game or go to a different class… its the player behind the class.

1 Like

I think that we can take the fact that hunter popularity dropped by 33% as soon as they changed surv and hasn’t come back up in 4 years as pretty good evidence.

I also just found a graph showing spec representation in mythic + from the beginning of legion to now. BM and MM together have been the 5th most popular specs to play. Survival hunter is dead last. Now I know you don’t like this, but it’s showing you that survival is the least played class in the most played form of content, over FOUR years.

What you are doing is ignoring data because you don’t like it, and then grasping at straws trying to prove yourself right.

18 Likes

What you are doing is hand picking data because you dont like the overall results, because it doesnt support your arguments.

1 Like

You’ve yet to provide your source for these claims. I asked you for it before and you refused to provide it. I’ve given you sources for my claims many times. Why do you hesitate to provide yours?

Yes, we call those people Hunter players. If you cannot demonstrate that there is an aspect of Hunter players that makes them disproportionately way more likely to reroll to new classes, then your argument is moot. So, can you demonstrate that?

5 Likes

What Azagorod is trying to say is that SV is plenty popular. It’s just only popular in content that isn’t anywhere close to end-game, and statistics that support its popularity don’t exist.

Pretty simple.

4 Likes