Survival Hunter

Ok so… you’re not playing as a melee character then. You’re playing as a ranged character with melee skills. Sounds like you’re mostly in agreement with everyone saying that’s what good Survival spec hunters (or, really, all good hunters regardless of spec) play like.

1 Like

Warriors had a ranged weapon slot and the ability to shoot/throw. Does that make them a ranged DPS class?

:cocktail:

1 Like

Correction. It was a tree who only fooled morons into thinking it was a melee tree.

Glad it’s coming back so we can see the “melee” hunters die first.

2 Likes

I for one look forward to AQ dropping, hunters seeing hunter class armor with +spell damage/healing and deciding that stacking spell damage is a viable strategy.

Those arcane shots though! :mage:

2 Likes

It’s obviously for Serpent Stings, so that you can see those big numbers tick while you auto attack as a melee hunter, waiting to Dodge so you can fire off a Mongoose Bite.

2 Likes

Yes, Wyvern Sting feels very out of place. If I were to make changes to Vanilla, there would be a strong melee skill at the 31 Survival spot, definitely something better than the old Lacerate.

Well, I was playing a melee/ranged char? I would spend longer in melee than a MM would want to but it’s foolish not to take advantage of your toolkit (especially when there is no melee burst for hunters) .

And remember the topic about getting the extra melee ability back (lacerate), not intended to be about whether this survival build that focuses on melee actually made it a melee dps spec (it doesn’t, though I really did 1v1 kids with majority of the fight in melee).

uh

huh?..

what does that even have anything to do with what i said?

if you mean retail in being melee- no, im pretty sure its melee lol. why people think that this should be the case in vanilla too, is what im getting at.

I think they were mostly agreeing with you.

ah. i see.

lol i guess ‘i agree’ is to much for some people.

It’s that 10 character post requirement.

that’s true lol but even ‘i agree’ is short 3 characters. ‘i completely agree’ would work too. but i digress.

1 Like

Let’s put it this way, Melee hunters were about as good as DW warriors were before their talent rework

1 Like

I think a lot of people forget that Vanilla is about playing the class and not the spec.

For PvP, a hunter has options for melee but since they have low melee damage output and medium defense, they rely on some utility, some bow use and some pet assistance if they are going to use melee abilities and be affective. You can play a ‘melee hunter’ in vanilla but do not kid yourself and think that they were 100% melee the whole fight.

As for PvE, I am sorry but a melee hunter is not optimal however casual guilds will still take you and allow you to roll on melee weapons after rogues and warriors have gotten their weapons first. Giving a hunter a epic melee weapon, whom is in melee range for a short amount of time and has a low melee damage output, is a waste of loot for the entire progression of the guild. I suggest getting an epic bow first and switching to a optimal ranged PvE spec for raiding while you wait for a melee weapon but do not worry because im sure it will come eventually.

Im sure some guild will let you roll melee Hunter if you want…as long as you have Nightfall…and you’re spamming wing clip with it.

2 Likes

Oh look farthir is back to tell us once again that survival was a melee spec and ignore anyone who says otherwise.

2 Likes

If they existed you should be able to provide links to survival hunters in vanilla melee in raids doing something besides swinging nightfall.

2 Likes

Yay you get it, though theres was times were I’d melee the whole fight but it wasn’t optimal

They are just fine soloing and can make dungeons work, but saying not optimal is an understatement for raids (besides nightfall bots)

1.) Most people - yourself included - don’t seem to know what “hybrid tax” is.

2.) Hunters were not a hybrid in ANY sense of the word.

1 Like