Surround Sound Turn off - Please help

My new headphones allow me to listen to things in surround sound. While I normally watch TV shows / movies with this enabled, I absolutely despise it in game. I hate hearing an NPC talk in one ear when I’m standing next to them just because of the way I’m facing the screen. For whatever reason it makes me incredibly uncomfortable.

I noticed my game went from having surround sound disabled to enabled while I was downloading Twitch Studio Audio Mixer. I have since uninstalled Twitch Studio Audio Mixer and reset my computer, but it still sounds as though I’m hearing audio in 90% of one ear just because of another character’s position compared to me.

I have manually changed it so that the surround sound is disabled both in-game as well as on the WoW Launcher, but I can still hear it as though the are speaking directly into one ear.

I feel as though my auditory sensors are being overloaded whenever I hear spells or NPC dialogue coming from one direction. I can no longer play the game unless it’s muted. Hearing spells or NPC dialogue

PSA I am NOT a tech savvy person so please do not have any expectations about me knowing terminologies or specs regarding computers or accessories.

If anyone could provide assistance on this that would be greatly appreciated.

There’s a lot of information in this thread, including possible fixes and settings changes (both in WoW and in Windows) that might help you:

Good luck.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.