Sound volume changes based on camera angle

I’m hoping someone can tell me how to make my character the receiver of audio in my game instead of it being based on something to do with the camera.
Example: Standing near NPC, facing towards or away, in front or behind, with camera facing NPC = volume is normal.
Standing near NPC, any configuration, with camera facing away from NPC = volume is extremely faint, barely audible.

Any suggestions? Is this a bug? I’m using headphones and haven’t had this problem yet in any other game that I’m aware of.

4 Likes

Dude this happened to me yesterday. It’s probably going to be the same today… pretty annoying.

Just randomly happened for me. Seems like the game is stuck in 5.1 sound or something. I get no sounds from behind the character. All my windows and sounds are set for stereo.

1 Like

This is pretty annoying for sure.

I been digging around and some people had this problem in the past with retail. A of the issues came from a Headset setting.( a checkbox) Seems like it isn’t present in classic , but the issue is the very similar.

Yeah i have the same issue here.
I have tried fiddling with
/console Sound_ListenerAtCharacter 0
or
/console Sound_ListenerAtCharacter 1
but it doesn’t fix the issue just changing it, and not to the better. :joy:

Very strange :confused:

Yeah I have this problem. When stuff is behind me, it makes no sound. I checked on a BFA character and there is no problem there. It’s solely Classic.

2 Likes

For people with the same problem, I have found a temporary fix at least for people on Windows 10. Enabling “Windows Sonic for Headphones” in my sound settings got me to not perfect but much much better.

1 Like

I am having the exact same problem, i thought that maybe it was my addons i downloaded but i have since disabled and even removed my addons in the hopes that it would resolve the problem.
Hope Blizz fixes it soon cuz its pretty annoying.

1 Like

Bumping this to verify I’ve had the problem as well, and logging in to a BfA character I can also say it only happens on Classic. It wasn’t like this for me until maybe a day or two ago, and I haven’t made any changes to my settings in Windows since then. The fact that it happens in Classic and not BfA tells me it’s something to do with how WoW is handling the audio. Very annoying.

It is a known issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4515384/windows-10-update-kb4515384

It might not be an issue with the game code.

4 Likes

Thanks. This is probably the problem.

It’s definitely only happening in classic, which makes me think it is not a microsoft issue. If it were happening in both it would be, but just in classic means its an issue in the way classic is handing over the sound vs BFA.

Thank you Junna! As a result of that link I was able to uninstall that exact Windows Update via the Control Panel.

Worked like a charm.

Very much highly suggest anyone who wants this sound issue fixed just go ahead and uninstall that windows update, hard, and restart their computers.

FINALLY back to normal.

1 Like