Surge of Light

Holy Priest talent Surge of Light is bugged.

If casting a Smite during a Sure of Light proc (through means such as a Reflective Shield crit), the buff is consumed upon the finish of your current casted Smite and therefore does not let you make use of the instant cast proc.

Wanted to bump this, surge procs from reflective are consumed by the next cast. quite annoying.

two things are broken.

Reflective shield is not suppose to crit (presently does and has since TBC), and second SoL proc is not suppose to crit but occasionally does; its rather amusing when this happens because you can if you have enough base crit effectively machine gun smite an enemy to death.

I think the problem is that RS is critting because the system considers it a cast (its not technically; its suppose to be fixed pure reflective damage) and because of this due to it being a cast but not actually being a cast; this is the source of the problem… Game not designed for the RS critting, so SoL is borked because of that.

Regardless added to big bug report.

Surge has never crit in the tens of thousands of times I have used it through all of tbc classic and now wrath. Also reflective shield can and has always been able to crit…why would you think it cant? Also specifically it is the smite aspect of surge that is broken, surge of light crits off reflective shield still trigger instant cast flash heals perfectly fine.

i have the item i can’t actually use it to learn the rune to experence the second bug