Supporting BLM shows a growth of Blizzard's character

Simply put, the title says it all. The fact that Blizzard is willing to support BLM and even raise money for it shows how Blizzard is growing after the mistakes in the Blitzchung situation. It is unfortunate they won’t talk on China, but the fact that they are opening up to modern humanitarian problems is a good thing.

People malding over them learning from their mistakes is laughable. Blizzard is getting up to standard, and we should at least give them credit for that.

Edit: Mass reporting occuring to this post. Thanks Blizz for making the only dislike button a report button.

195 Likes

I will applaud them if they stick to their values don’t remove the night elf gay story and the trans character in the Chinese version of their game.

This is the real test if this company wants to be taken seriously when it tries to support human rights and LGBT representation.

132 Likes

There is no growth here. Supporting BLM in the US right now is an easy PR gain for any company.

If you only hold a belief when it’s convenient or downright beneficial for you to hold it and quickly change your tune when it becomes inconvenient to have it, then you don’t really believe in it all that much.

Not to mention there’s recent things like a Hearthstone Pro being blacklisted and told he was a liability because his wife criticized the company.

Which sure they apologized for it after somebody raised a fuss about it, but that doesn’t scream character growth to me.

412 Likes

Washington redskins supporting BLM shows a growth of character.

It means nothing.
If they actually cared, Blizzard would have supported Hong Kong too.

Also lol @ them for deleting threads criticizing them but leaving threads like this where the OP is telling them they are good people.

182 Likes

It shows that someone, somewhere at Blizzard ran the calculations and determined that making a statement on BLM would generate more revenue than staying silent. They made the same calculations with Blitzchung. Corporations aren’t moral actors.

106 Likes

Or, they are diverting attention from the fact that most of the things players complained about are being repackaged and sold back under a new name.

32 Likes

I agree OP. I give credit were its due. Change is good.

3 Likes

yes, listening to stream felt like BFA 2.0. System over system over system, that’s wow in nutshell.

14 Likes

I completely agree. It was right of Ion to make a statement about it. Just because they stopped covering the movement, doesn’t mean it has ended and that we don’t care anymore.

3 Likes

Bruh.

These companies would so easily help in suppressing BLM, LGBTQ+, and other minorities if it made them money.

91 Likes

Simply put, this spits in the faces of crime victims across the country. While BLM gets to promote their false narrative against police officers, victims of violent crime are again ignored and branded as racists. All Lives Matter. Mine included. Shame on Blizzard.

Re: False Narrative: Easy to prove false btw. Check how many police encounters happen per year. Check Table 43A of the FBI UCR database. 2018 is a good example year as the Washington Post has the shootings data for the year as well. If you still call foul after that, you either don’t know math or didn’t do your homework.

204 Likes

Read this post if you want to know how corporations work.

1 Like

If Blizz cared, they would speak up about all crimes committed world wide, like the ongoing child brides in Sudan, or the massacres in the middle east, or the ongoing war in african countries… But not, it is only the fact that CNN etc goes on about BLM that they jumped on a bandwagon…

33 Likes

Lmao they’re removing threads and locking 'em.

14 Likes

Growth would have been if Blizzard address the growing suicide rates among their player base.

17 Likes

This. Anyone who thinks otherwise is hopelessly naive and frankly biased towards their own ideology, lol.

8 Likes

I see the forum moderators and making the rounds and removing threads like this. So don’t expect this topic to be around much longer.

2 Likes

Oh please, they’re just jumping on the bandwagon so they don’t get criticized.

34 Likes

they are locking all threads about this … seems they are on cleanup now

5 Likes

You are assuming they have a choice on what gets released in China. Chinese officials tell them what to remove and they have pre-existing trade contracts to release product there, agreeing to do so. It’s not like every time they decide" oh China won’t like this, lets fix it". They are told what to remove to get clearance, and if they don’t it doesn’t get released and they violate the ongoing contract.

6 Likes