Support this tweet/LFG Addons

I disagree. If you run a five man today in retail, nobody speaks, like at all. Usually not even a Hello.

You’ll still need to talk with people even with the addon, you’re not going to want to “auto invite” even if it is an option.

It’s literally making a GUI of /4 spam

1 Like

Actually, do you have data to back that up? Of all the things I hear that people hate in retail, it’s LFR. It’s a horrible feature. You are entitled to your opinion, but please don’t state it as it’s a fact.

LFR is still COMPLETELY different then the Group Finder…

The Group Finder was pretty positively received when it was introduced in one, one of the few WoD features that people actually liked.

2 Likes

Blizz will just add groupfinder to the game and be done with it. Enough with these addons arguments.

If you want to queue for group finder to get a group do that.

If you don’t like using group finder, then use the chat channels. No one is forcing you to.

#playniceplayfair
#nochanges
#ourclassic

It’s an opinion.

I stated it as an opinion not a fact.

LFR and dungeon finder have nothing at all to do with the pre-made group finder. They’re completely different things.

You literally quoted from one of my posts trying to point out that they weren’t the same thing and then assumed it was the same thing anyway?

If it’s the first thing they point to, then maybe it’s because most believe it breaks the spirit of Vanilla? I think it does and I hope they break it.

Yep!

The LFG tool was great.

I agree that LFD & LFR have no place in Classic, but LFG is a great tool, and I’m glad someone is making an addon to emulate it. Especially considering there is no automated group forming involved.

It breaks the spirit of Vanilla, but I do realize it isn’t the same. However, it fractures the community making it more difficult to find groups if you don’t have it.

I also believe in slippery slopes. This could lead to other things such as gear score. It’s just bad. If it was needed this much, they would have made it then.

Except it does not fracture the community, anyone with half a brain can see that.

Anyone using it will see both people from the addon and be posting, using the addon, in chat channels. It literally allows you to post your recruitment to /4, it’s not preventing people from anything

2 Likes

Gearscore hurts no one.

Group leaders need a quicker way to assess peoples gear. Why would i know about another classes stat weights other than my own?

#playniceplayfair
#nochanges
#ourclassic

What if I post in world chat. The half a :brain: that works tells me this could be a problem.

There is no World chat unless a player makes it

Gear score in Classic will not be a good way to measure gear, so yes, it’s bad.

It will not score you on item level total. It will score you on your stat weights depending on class and spec.

#playniceplayfair
#nochanges
#ourclassic

That’s irrelevant. My guess is a player will make it. So, we are back to it fractures the community, and in my opinion, breaks the spirit of classic.

It has been pointed out probably over a dozen times including right after your post that this is not the case.

As I said a long time ago when someone said this same thing, that’s not an arguement against this type of addon. If Blizzard doesn’t want a gear score addon, they can break that kind of addon, but it makes no sense to try to stop an unrelated addon because of something completely different.

Also, they already announced that they’re not having an armory in the FAQ just released today, so it’s already going to be harder to pre-judge people without walking up to them and inspecting them.

You can select what channel the addon advertises in, including a custom channel like world if that’s what you really want to do.

Cross-realm is bad news for Classic, for a number of reasons. Based on your posts here, I don’t think Classic will be for you.

Yeah, this would be bad too. How about if people just play with others instead? Find out if they are good or not?

Using Live WoW as the comparison is your mistake then