Support Cure Duchenne With the Reven Pack

Why they need a PR boost? Not like whiners from yesterday are protesting at Blizz HQ or anything.

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with charities. I give to charities all the time. People ask for Blizz to do more charities. They did. People get upset. Can’t win. But I will not ever put down charity stuff.

7 Likes

Or just desperate to maintain some level of autonomy under the miserly auspices of micro soft with provable net gains, or something like that.

If you want to! Please stop acting like anybody is forcing you to buy anything.

8 Likes

I have it in my list to watch, I just know it’ll destroy me emotionally.

It’s honestly great what these people did, kid is immortal now. :cry:

9 Likes

I just watched the video they have in the shop about this… and I cried. It also reminds me again why my guild is so important to me, as well. And this community. I’ll be sad to leave that aspect of the game behind.

15 Likes

All proceeds*

*Blizzard Entertainment will donate100% of the purchase price of “The Reven Pack” digital bundle to CureDuchenne

You won’t match it?.

So you, Blizzard, actually donate nothing other than the 1-2 hours it took for an artist to make this?.

The same Blizzard charging 90 USD for a mount, won’t donate anything out of your own coffers…

Big oof.

5 Likes

Is this one $90 also? And will it lead to further conveniences in game behind locked behind paywalls or?

Me making a quip isn’t the same as feeling compelled to buy something

2 Likes

This one is special in many ways. If you folks have not, you should check out the story of Matts “Ibelin”. He was a Norwegian WoW player who has passed now, but who found great support and community in the game. After his death his family learned about his “WoW family” and were stunned, and grateful. It had a huge impact on them too. His family, Blizzard, and Netflix worked together to make a movie based on it.

This pet charity item coincides with the movie release on Netflix, and hopes to raise research money for the disease that took Matts. It is a sad but good story.

Also, I now know that Reven means “the fox” in Norwegian!

Pet (classic and retail), and Backpack mog for retail is $20 USD for those curious.

Don’t miss out on the documentary that inspired it all, “The Remarkable Life of Ibelin” now live on Netflix.

About CureDuchenne

CureDuchenne is the global nonprofit leader in research, patient care, and innovation for improving and extending the lives of those with Duchenne muscular dystrophy, a progressive neuromuscular disease that affects about 300,000 individuals around the world. CureDuchenne accelerates research toward a cure for Duchenne by funding early-stage science with the goal of bringing treatments to everyone affected by Duchenne, no matter where they live, what language they speak or their financial status. We also support families through education and outreach and improve standards of care for individuals worldwide with Duchenne, including those in underserved communities. Visit www.cureduchenne.org to learn more.

Blizzard Entertainment will donate100% of the purchase price of “The Reven Pack” digital bundle to CureDuchenne, less any chargebacks, refunds, transaction fees, and Value Added Taxes (VAT), or other similar taxes paid. These versions of items are special editions available as part of this initiative only.
*** The Reven Pack is available through January 7, 2025, 10AM PST.

***Buying or purchasing this digital item is a license.

16 Likes

“HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!” “Now buy hundreds of dollars of digital items to celebrate with us!”

Can you stop?

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jVHj7hkTDo

‘‘you poor people cant afford the bruto point and laugh’’

''oohhh cute fox…but…its for charity guys, lets help, we trust blizzard to do the right thing!"

1 Like

What a transparent move. Reveal the overpriced dino mount first, then soften the blow with a pet for charity. People can’t say anything against that, right? It’s for charity after all.

2 Likes

“non” profit.

1 Like

Please save some of that salt for the winter roads in a couple weeks.

4 Likes

This one doesn’t bother me. This one is going for a good cause.

4 Likes

by… donating the proceeds to a good cause?

15 Likes

This is for the good cause and mankind

2 Likes

this means the entity doesn’t make profit. it does not mean everyone who works there does so for free. payroll is an operating expense, not something paid out of profits.

10 Likes

I’m a sour old crabby skinflint and even I’m having a hard time resisting the siren’s call of a fox sleeping in a backpack.

6 Likes