Sunwell Plateau Raid feels like a slog when it shouldn't

We only knew about it because of memory. I’m not sure why folks should have to look something like this up when the effects are supposed to be reflected via debuff anyways.

This is on Blizzard for not having the effect be visible to players for some reason.

This, so much.

Outside of Ulduar, Wrath is a PvP expansion, the raiding was such a letdown for me following Sunwell.

1 Like

I had more fun in our 10 mans selling Immortal titles etc than the 25’s tbh.

It may be what I do this time, or just pure pvp.

I don’t disagree with that, but I can’t imagine many guilds went into SWP blind at all.

We didn’t necessarily go in blind, I think we all overlooked it though. So it’s a bit on us for somehow missing such an important nerf, but at least we remembered by week 3.

It actually isn’t though.

There’s barely any trash in it, and there are only 6 bosses. Compared to the slog that was SSC, Sunwell is heaven.

Ty for your blog post OP. I can’t wait for the next one.

1 Like

??? you mean back in 2008 ?

The unnerfed state probably won’t last very long.

I’m just worried about the population taking a big dip, because people get frustrated over sunwell, and it’s literally the only thing relevant now, so people just quit and don’t come back. It’s not like the TBCC community has a ton of spare players laying around at this point.

those types of people aren’t gonna wait for the nerfed state, they are just gonna leave and not come back until wrath. (Assuming the wrath changes blizzards forcing don’t turn em off of it)

Who knows though. I don’t particularly find sunwell in it’s current state engaging. Doable? Sure, engaging? Not really.

Any time there’s a challenge in the content people like throwing this crap around. Who cares? They can raid BT if they can’t handle Sunwell, or wait for Wrath.

2 Likes

Sunwell was the less played raid in TBC. I believe. Partly the gear requirement, partly it was the end of the expansion and people burned out.

But also I think Blizzard was like, we can top this one over all the others and we’ll sho…where did everyone go?

Yeah, that’s the thing.

People will just quit because they don’t care.

That also means they aren’t doing other activities, like gathering professions, doing heroics or dungeons, there’s a ton of other activities they just won’t be around for, because those aren’t main attractions, they are just things that happen when people are active. It can have numerous side effects that you see everytime there’s a lull in population.

Then again your on Benediction, I doubt you have a concept of being concerned your population is going to take a hit because people don’t find the rewards worth the effort put into the game.

If people can’t wait for the post nerf version to come out then idk what to tell you.

A simple understanding of how long the pre-nerf version will last would probably help. Leaving it up to “To be determined at a later date” also catches people off guard whom are trying to do stuff pre-nerf and suddenly find out they ran out of time without warning. :woman_shrugging:

It is essentially concern trolling to justify their own desire for the raid to be easy.

3 Likes

BT and Hyjal were disappointingly boring and easy. Even clearing through SWP again is a breath of fresh air. Once your raid has it down it’s not as bad as the first clear.

1 Like

That’s not what happened in p2. They quit and never came back

good riddance then?

It hurts everyone to have people quit because they don’t have time to farm 1000g worth of consumes every night because stuff is over tuned. Recruiting in that environment is a nightmare. It was hard back in naxx, it was near impossible in p2, and its slipping hard again now.