Sunwell Plateau Raid feels like a slog when it shouldn't

There’s over 60 guilds on Faerlina that have cleared it alone.

Sounds fine to me.

You poor poor child of summer.

And I’d wager that only 40% of those BT/Hyjal guilds killed prenerf Vash, whats your point

Can we let players who dont want faceroll content have something please?

We are going to have to wait till Ulduar for the next decent raid, just leave things be…

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the raid comp changing to need more healers. That’s normal for harder content and prog, and I for one am very happy to see it as a healer main. Healing is only fun during prog anyways and I’ll be happy to be benched or play my caster OS or level wrath alts when SWP is on farm.
Can’t dispute your other claims, I think that’s just your preference. I absolutely hated hyjal since week 2 of p3 and BT feels much worse than SWP to me.

Sunwell MUST remain very hard to clear and complete. If anything is nerfed too soon the players that it was intended for will be dismayed… If it feels too hard or too much work or not fun to ask people to roll alts for extra heals then back to DPS mains or the other way then take a break till closer to launch for a updated nerf to all content as they always do before a major patch… It must remain very hard.

That’s what she said.

1 Like

Very very hard…

1 Like

Reclearing and getting more and more loot is part of the fun, though. Now that you have field experience, reclearing is only slow and boring if your raid sucks. So tell your raid to stop sucking. SWP is actually a pretty short raid since it is only 6 bosses. There’s basically no trash from boss 1 to 3. There’s a small gauntlet from 3-4. There’s only a small path from 4-5. There’s only 2 mobs from 5-6.

Class demands will always be shaken up but, but surely some people in any semi serious guild are flexible enough to role swap for progression. We 7 healed on release day to a full clear. We went back down to 6 heals this week and comfortably full cleared in under 3 hours. We are expecting to roll the place over next week.

Funny thing to note that a lot of guides from original TBC recommended bringing 10-12 healers! Haha, it really was a different era back then!

SWP overall is actually a breath of fresh air. It’s intimidating at first but not horrible when you break down what you need to do and execute properly. The whole of BT/Hyjal was so mind numbingly easy I wanted to just fall asleep.

1 Like

We didn’t have 7 healers before Sunwell. These are people playing alts.

1 Like

Random question but a bit on topic for the difficulty…

Anyone know if the Sunwells Radiance tank debuff is active? This SWP OG nugget donged on us last night but unlike OG the debuff isn’t visible to reflect its effect.

Wow you sound really babyish. BT took the average guild 2.5 hours after they already cleared it. SWP will take 1.5 hours after it’s on farm. It’s not a slog. There’s barely any trash after the last 3 bosses. Hyjal was a slog. Not sunwell.

1 Like

This is pretty much the first raid of TBC that requires us to actually learn the fights fully and progress. Way more pulls than virtually any other boss.

It’s pretty great, though KJ was frustrating, and we got the first three bosses within 1-2 pulls.

You should have planned for that. We had our ele go healing. You should have done as well. Boomkin/ele are the worst specs in swp and easily could have switched. Oh they don’t want to? Then they don’t care about your guild and would rather see the guild struggle then help out.

Yes, radiance is active. It is also an invisible buff/debuff and won’t show on character stat pages either.

1 Like

Thanks. It’s really odd that they don’t have this reflected as a debuff. I could have swore it was visible back OG.

Our tanks are swapping gear accordingly now, but knowing this was in effect would have helped a little.

It was, pretty sure its still visible NOW on retail even

I imagine that this effect might be effecting guilds due to just not knowing it exists.

Sunwell is the first real raid blizzard ever created. It’s the perfect tuning and challenge.

Wrath is going to feel like a joke by comparison. They need to tune wrath raids to make them harder or everyone is in for a big let down.

1 Like

You’d have to not look anything up to not know it’s still there.

Previous raids were hard at the time too, it’s just SWP was tuned for the absolute best players - and that is a far larger demographic nowadays.