Lol! And I pulled it.

1 Like

Sundae. :ice_cream:

2 Likes

takes a bite and wiggles toes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Sorry for the mini necro post!

I’ve not had a good few days in many ways—personal, mental, familial, and technical too—plus, I’ve just been way busier too with work than I would normally be this time of year because someone tried to cheap out and not upgrade something from the old 3G units when they were advised internally and by the vendor to due so by July…
But, I did not forget about ole Majinfoot because I did set a reminder/bookmark and have plunked away at it with the little free time I’ve been able to devote to it…and, it gained a lot of sort-of feature creep from what you asked and what I first thought of doing into a large reference to Bally-Midway’s Tapper for reasons I don’t recall (mainly just to have something that would take up most of my time to keep my mind off other bigger stuff).
Anyway, this is where I ended up:

Hopefully, Tapper isn’t too old of a reference :beer:, since it’s almost as old as I am :face_holding_back_tears:.
And, because it’s better with sound, and I cut down the framerate, resolution, and palette entries so far, here’s a nicer version in video format (with sound! :headphones:). Since I took some liberties with the design, the sound from the (arcade version of the) game itself are not exactly where they normally are, plus the version of “Oh! Susanna” in the video is from an unreleased port of Lemmings to the C-64 that was canceled in favor of a different port (I’ve never heard Oh! Susanna in any of the Lemmings ports I’ve owned [Genesis] or played at points [DOS, SNES, 3DO], but I don’t know if any other port used it).

I want to note that Fuzzbutt was going to be in the position of one of my two characters in this, but I had some technical difficulties and game crashing both last night and this afternoon, so I gave up this evening and had to swap in a character that I had previously taken footage of…maybe another time!

And, because I’ll probably be playing less or not at all and likely visiting rarely here for a few days or maybe longer, I thought I’d give this small animation sequence it’s own little GIF, since I figure the few frames I made would be near and dear to your heart:

4 Likes

lol it’s ok to necro it and I always enjoy your posts / gifs / vids. =)

lol all g it happens.

1 Like