Summoners glitching to get under Naxx

Summoners are glitching through a wall/floor to get under Naxx to summon.

Once summoned, all you do down there is jump to enter Naxx. You can’t be targeted or purged. They are guarding the spot and selling access for 3000g.

Is this bannable?

8 Likes

Well, it makes sense why they are doing it. Blizzard has typically been overlooking this type of thing, it’s not unlike the other glitches being used for summoning spots. There is a risk to everything though.

Nope.

Terrain exploits are only punished in pretty specific circumstances, e.g. safespotting to avoid guards or in BGs. Getting under the ground isn’t really harming anyone, so it’s not even going to be noticed, let alone punished.

Now if you start Fireballing people from under the ground…

From the EULA:

License Limitations. Blizzard may suspend or revoke your license to use the Platform, or parts, components and/or single features thereof, if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:

1. Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:
  2. cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;

From the Code of Conduct, even more clearly worded:

Cheating

You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.

I think you could definitely make the argument that it is bannable.

9 Likes

Blizzard refuses to address these hacks.

These same hacks are used to solo farm raids as well.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/fly-hacking-lua-unlockers-vast-amount-of-bots-why-doesnt-blizzard-not-fix-this

4 Likes

It’s funny how people rolled on PvP servers to go extremely out of their way to avoid PvP.

18 Likes

And so it begins!!!

1 Like

purging wbuffs with a dead character for the sole purpose of being toxic isnt really pvp in my book

8 Likes

Yeah. The single faction-dominant servers are just people using opposing faction alts on cheap accounts to purge others. It’s something like $3/mo for a new WoW account, so throwaways are cheap.

Kind of surreal that people begged for PvP, griefed their servers to oblivion in organized groups during Phase 2, and then now they just grief their own faction.

5 Likes

People who play on PvP servers don’t only care about PvP. When they want to raid, they’re not particularly interested in PvP in the first place, so go to extreme measures to avoid the prominent kind of PvP with no feasible counterplay: purging.

3 Likes

i for one encourage those people whom are dispelling wbuffs
you buffing and boosting meta people shouldnt exist in classic

5 Likes

I wanna see blizzard troll people and set that area up to dispell all buffs if you go there, but have it on a 5 minute timer so people don’t know why.

Not because I care if they have buffs, but because I don’t approve of terrain exploits.

2 Likes

Yes. Glitching through terrain (especially when it blocks LoS/interferes with targeting) is considered exploiting and it is bannable.

Providing others access to an exploit is also bannable and may count as an additional strike on your account.

1 Like

This is a creature of the players creation, it is also probably not happening

Oh no, how will your corpse rezzing priest grief people now!

Someone needs to educate you on the definition of a “hack”.

2 Likes

It is though, compared to the alternative of 0 conflict.

If people are gonna hide in towns and never flag or go out to fight, then there is no pvp. Dispelling in that situation is the only thing left and so by comparison to nothing, it is the only pvp that will take place.

Wall clipping = BAN HAMMER

Report them for doing so.

1 Like

stop linking people to your forum threads. you do this in everyone else’s thread.

3 Likes

Probably a lag issue. Spotty internet connection

Corpse camping a low level for hours and locking down a questing area isn’t PvP in my book. Very toxic.

Just like all PvP. When you’re the one being inconvenienced it’s griefing. When you’re the one inconveniencing others it’s fun.

PvP servers are trash. Always have been and always will be.

3 Likes