Summon Water Elemental being removed

your advice will be considered for a brief nano second then dismissed from memory.

tree form should be standard. if any player wants to play resto without tree form, use a glyph.

this is no different than Boomkin; correct me if I am wrong but I believe there is a glyph to remove boomkin form and revert back to standard form? glyph of the stars can easily be modified to adapt to resto druids or any spec for that matter.

I use my Water Elemental occasionally across all of my mages (yes I have multiple). But Iā€™m also noticing a lot of changes are geared towards the small percent of people who ONLY raid and do literally nothing else, so while I hope Blizz takes the rest of us into account, Iā€™ve stopped thinking it could actually happen.

5 Likes

Imagine actually talking this way. :roll_eyes:

I play arcane or fire more than frost, but the water elemental was maybe a notch above wet noodle. Itā€™s damage was junk it never pulled aggro from me. Honestly what was the point? Just the ā€œcoolā€ vibe of it following you around?

I feel like this was the main reason why I always have mine out on my frost mage. And I donā€™t know what it is, but I never really care for fire or arcane. Frost was always more of my thing.

That is the thing to me though. It just seems stupid, like with alot of other changes made over the years, like now, I will probably never summon the elemental ever again. Just for it to do some stuff for what, 2 milliseconds, and then dissapear for 10 mins, or however long the CD is. It is just so impractical, to be honest.

I feel the same way with any other change that has been made in the same way. Druids and the tree form. Now itā€™s like, ok, I can pop this cool tree thing for 2 milliseconds, and then never use it again until a 10 min timer goes up. So much cooler and better being able to run around as a tree permanently.

I feel it is the novelty of it. I felt really cool running around on my mage with a bunny pet, and a water elemental pet around me at all times. Didnā€™t matter how much damage the elemental did.

The reality is though, was it really that broken. I donā€™t think it really was before. Some people would just have the pet out to just have it out. I am just not a fan of these types of abilities to be honest. The ones where you click them and they do a few things and then they poof. Especially the pet summoning ones.

It is the worst with druids. Druids are not even druids anymore in my OP. Like they just are not. Never will understand why you canā€™t pick between any given travel form anymore. This is probably one of, if not the dumbest change to any given class I have ever seen. Just so fun that, when I want to use a cheetah form, oh, gotta taunt that bug critter real quick, so that I am in combat and just click travel form. Because blizzard denies me the right to choose cheetah form because I have flying already. And I feel pretty strongly about guardian spec. Should always have stayed with feral spec.

If the elemental doesnā€™t do enough damage, why not buff them a bit then. And make them not suck. Now it is going to be like time warp. You legit only use it on like a boss battle or something to boost your damage a bit. But I can see blizz messing this up to. Chances are if elementals are bad now, they will still be bad when they swap over to a CD ability.

I donā€™t even think it would be that bad if it was on like a 20 second CD or something. But itā€™s probably going to be like 2 mins like the ghoul one is for DKS.

And with the dk ghoul thing, I swear it takes like an hour just for it to come out of the ground and start attacking. It also shares the mini cd with other abilites, so as soon as I press it, I canā€™t use any other abilities for a second or so. I donā€™t understand why these abilities do that. I should be able to cast my ghoul, and then instantly cast another ability. And of course, it hits like a wet noodle. So is it even worth pressing the button then.

I just press it to see my ghoul pop out every once in a while. Only reason I press it. And the same will be true with the elemental summon ability.

7 Likes

Who cares?

remove the longest distance root in the game that the playerbase was too simp to play since ermagerd number meta was a thing. games a joke lol, next on the chopping block is shattering throw cause it doesnt make sense for a warrior to stop hitting things

1 Like

I donā€™t know who is calling the shots for these type of decisions lately but they be dum.

4 Likes

sure it does.

people have already pointed out how.

choosing to ignore those reasons, doesnā€™t mean they donā€™t exist.

iā€™m a people.
i donā€™t play cookie cutter specs.

itā€™s just a discussion.
i donā€™t think anyone feels like a victimā€¦ apart from you, who was so personally insulted at the thought of people daring to have a civil discussion, that you felt the need to chime in and add exactly zero to the conversation.

iā€™m sorry that we hurt you with our polite discussion.

6 Likes

Happy to. People that are bad for something should be told they are, and encouraged to leave.
Iā€™d rather have a decent RPG than the presence of people I donā€™t even like in the first place.

1 Like

This reminds me of the time they banned Have Group Will Travel and how banning that was a mistake as you have to bring at least one warlock to your raids now

Yes, and like previously stated monks, and shamans donā€™t. Along with 2/3 DK specs.

This is the most attention the water ele has gotten (even by people that use it in niche situations) in a decade.

Funny thing, is it didnā€™t really need any attention anyways. Like I would rather blizzard just be apathetic about changing it.

And I will work on trying to be more apathetic about changes that get made. Even though alot of the changes that get made to this game, have been pretty stupid over the years. And this is just one of the many.

We had a good thing going with dragonflight to. It was just complicated enough. I dunno. This change just bugs me. And I wish druids would get the aoe hurricane ability back soon to. Hunters got a nerfed version of volley back, after not seeing it in 14 years. Paladins finnaly got exorcism back.

Like why canā€™t blizzard just make good changes anymore. Still a fun game. But could be way more practical, and way more fun.

2 Likes

so really, you canā€™t be a true Archmage anymore? because people designing mage at blizzard didnā€™t play warcraft 3 or Legion?..archmages can summon water elementals at any time.

anyway the devs are the professionals here, so i think they should be able to figure it outā€¦ but donā€™t kill class fantasy
:grimacing:

It always feels like a joke between devs.

How much more can we possibly mess this game up. How many more stupid changes can we make lol.

3 Likes

Yeahhhhh cept it was a bastardized version that didnt have the same awesome sound effect or even usage so that it didnā€™t really fit in the kit. Then they removed it after a patch again anyway. It was legitimately the thing I was most hyped for in DF and they ruined it :frowning:

Archmages had water elementals as a cooldown ability, not a passive skill.

Wow I didnā€™t even notice. Guess I will not be going ret anymore then lol.

And while the old one was better, at least we had it. Or so I thought. Not playing ret again though until it gets added back.

Hearing the ting tang sound of my shield bouncing off people sounds cooler as of now anyways.

Even if they couldnā€™t, players have been able to cast a permanent elemental for frost spec since like 100 years ago. And now, we canā€™t. Mages have joined the druids and dks lol.

3 Likes