Sulfuras Lock and Server Status

Hey everyone! With Sulfuras being locked for nearly a month now, I’m wondering what people’s opinions are on the status of the server. I haven’t seen que’s for quite a while (which is awesome), but I’m wondering how the population is at lvl 80. I’m leveling from 70-80 currently and see a few players out in the open world, but never really have to compete for quest objectives, so I don’t think the bulk of the population is in that range.
Does anybody have any opinions on the time frame that Sulfuras will be locked for based on their experiences with the population size? Thanks!

3 Likes

I haven’t seen a queue in a few days. The only time i saw queues it was roughly 15 mins nothing crazy. There are other servers that have short queues like this and are UNLOCKED so I don’t see why it needs to be locked anymore. If they don’t want to unlock it I don’t see why Blizzard can’t allow transfers to Sulfuras if you are actively playing here on other characters. I have 3 level 70 characters stuck on Grobbulus where I don’t play anymore with a lot of gold and time spent on them. I submitted a ticket to blizzard asking if I could transfer these characters to Sulfuras since I am actively playing here on a boosted character but they pretty much ignored me and closed my ticket with no information about when the server might be unlocked.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m pretty frustrated with that too. It seems like there is a decent population, however not being able to bring my other characters onto the server is pretty annoying. Been having the same problem with support too. Not being able to have a conversation and having to wait 20 days between responses is pretty abysmal.

1 Like

bumping this again

1 Like

Just coming back…why is it locked? Overpopulated? Preserving the mix? Will they ever unlock it? I’d like to transfer a couple of toons here.

1 Like

I can’t think of any reason why they need to maintain the locked status. This server needs to be unlocked

1 Like

Locked is stopping more people from transferring over and further ruining my server.

1 Like

Can’t remember the last time I saw a queue. Server is definitely not overpopulated.

1 Like

Friends want me to play with them, but I can’t join this realm. Kinda disappointing.

1 Like

I hope they have a good reason to keep realm locked. My friends are waiting the unlock to play here. I’m about to cancel my sub, play alone is not that fun for me.

1 Like

Server def needs to be unlocked. Haven’t had a queue since wrath release day.

1 Like

Bumping for attention. Currently leveling a character on another realm so that I can hopefully transfer over and play with my friends eventually.

I am willing to give you more of my money and pay for a transfer so that I can play with my friends Blizzard, why do you not want to take it?

1 Like

Sigh, is this realm ever going to unlock?

1 Like

Is it possible to possibly get a blue post explaining why our server is still locked? Is it because of server balance and trying to protect it? Is it to prevent Q times per each phase release? I am just curious. My guild is mostly filled with IRL friends and there are some friends we have who came just a bit late and now cannot join up with us. We have looked into transferring off of Sulfuras to another server instead but it seems other server are already having difficulty with server balance with horde/alliance. I would just like to see some kind of explanation if possible.

Finally heard a response from Support. They claim it’s at the whims of the developers.

hopefully it unlocks soon. Just making this post so warcraft logs finds me.

I have been waiting for this server to unlock for months. I bought my daughter a PC and set her up a wow account but she cant play with me or my friends because its locked. This is getting ridiculous at the very least let us transfer characters to the this server

I agree let us pay for a transfer or even pay to create a character at least. My wife has family playing on this server but never created a character when classic started and now can’t play. I got lucky and created one right away at the start of classic wow but if she can’t play I don’t want to make her feel worse and play.

I think the devs just completely forgot, and signed off.

if they would read this thread maybe they would wake up