Sulfuras growth hype is real

i havne’t played retail for a long long time so i can’t answer that. I can say that when i did play i was on a dieing server . Nathrezim. I never thought of leaving.

now this isn’t a plug for rdf but i will add this. Many Many times after a RDF run i would get a comment from another player, ON ANOTHER SERVER. complimenting me. again, the run was over, we were both back zoned out into our own servers, yet able to talk to each other. We could even group up after that. I never had any reason to leave. The cities were dead and boring. that was when i considered transfering. but i never left becasue i felt like there were not enough players.

So why did they leave in retail? no idea, did blizz change it so cross server was no longer possible? then there ya go. If not, maybe it was like i said, they should have made the cites sharded also.

I can only speak to what people now are saying. If you ask them now why they joined the mega server, 99% will say that they went because of the amount of players and they wan’t easier chance to group.

Im not saying this becasue i want rdf. but to have an honest discussion and an attempt at a solution. you have to face facts and at least consider if rdf would have changed anything.

now, one more thing. I have seen the difference in AH on a big mega server and those of smaller dead servers. I would leave a dead server for that reason alone now. No sense in holding your chances back. way more stuff on the mega servers. maybe cross realm auction houses? dunno

Ok, well I just think the Retail question is a valid one because servers have died in Retail even with RDF.

The reasons why people stack on mega servers is a multi-faceted answer. There’s a lot to it and no simple reason. Sure RDF group finding would help, but there are more things too.

A very large number of the people on the mega server followed their guild leaders who decided to go there or their friends. Ask around.

I’ll agree that people who do not have a lot of connections may have moved for better groups, but so many followed others.

With that being said the best way to repopulate Sulfuras would be to have a large group of guilds (30+) from the mega servers go together, it’s happened before and there are lots of examples.

I replied to you mostly because of a pet peeve as I was fighting on here for changes from Blizzard really hard with transfer restrictions etc to keep more servers alive, and when people who were not there come just to campaign for their cause (such as RDF) it bothers me. I just wonder, where were you before when this was happening even if you said back then to add RDF or anything else? Where were you to help get changes then? Which I was trying to convey in my other messages.

So I am sorry for being harsh but that’s why I replied like that. I just didn’t agree with how you replied to someone (someone who also strongly wants RDF by the way) who explained what killed Sulfuras in the first place. Without really even reading those reasons you replied with “Nope, it was RDF and always RDF” which is a simplification and shows not wanting to understand. To me it looked like it was mostly done just to try to get your way about something else with little care about how the server died in the first place.

Yes, see, you said another reason too.

Bene AH is unusable without a bit of anger.

1 Like

this is facts! has massive trouble opening

West coast east coast thing tho.

Sulfuras is a pretty good server to transfer to from grob esp if you just like pvp/wpvp and dont rp! It’s growing/pretty good size right now and pretty even numbers!

You guys are hopeless. Even when it’s successful you’re still doomposting.

1 Like

We just know that servers history,

How do I bring my 80k gold?

spend it on things you can sell for 80k, like methamphetamine

1 Like

free transfers have no gold cap fyi

3 Likes

Dude no. Edit this out.

2 Likes

No gold cap on free transfers

oh absolutely there are other reasons. the number one reason that i see is because of the desire to have a larger player pool to do stuff with. I do want rdf but this discussion isn’t about that or i would be preaching about the other positive stuff rdf brings. I am just saying it as an example that if anyone left for that reason, if there would have been rdf, they wouldn’t have left because rdf solves that problem.

For the AH price differences, they could also link AH’s across servers.

We all want a perfect little make believe, but as real, as possible, game world to play in. We want to avoid stuff that breaks that " as real as possible". stuff like layering, cross realm, RDF, boosts, and so on. I just happen to be more realistic and am open to give and take. I can give a little “realism” or “rpg”, in order for the overall better experience. When the negetives keep showing up, imo, that is way way more immersion breaking.

For example. Its immersion breaking to be automatically grouped? But its ok to type in chat and every player all over azeroth can see it? whats the difference? neither one is real to the game world. people need to use your imagination.

I don’t really remember what the other poster wrote. i was just making a point that RDF would have , again, WOULD have, prevented many players from transferring. it won’t help now, the damage is done. But it would prevent further transfers for that reason.

If the hype were that real yall wouldn’t have to keep making posts telling everyone how real the hype is…

1 Like

1 Like

10 hour queues aren’t sustainable. Every day more and more people will take the transfer. Once it hits the sweet spot in pop, a giant pop wave will come

We are actually telling the people to create a level 1 and see for yourself the city and the AH before make the move.

3 Likes

Don’t understand why people are nay-saying in this thread.

If you don’t plan on taking the free transfer, it doesn’t affect you.

Even better, if you don’t move and others move, your queue will go down.

So you should be in here trying to be supportive and encourage more people to move, not less?

My guild doesn’t plan on moving, but I might move an alt or two to Sulfuras just to see.

2 Likes

If you are from Benediction and you feel the urge to transfer 1 character only, transfer the one you would see yourself doing more wpvp with it. It’s the major difference between Benediction at this point