Sulfuras Allies abuse mass report to auto ban Scarab Lords

It’s come straight from CMs. I doubt CMs are the ones lying here.

oh, my sweet summer child.

1 Like

If you think Blizzard is lying about how their reporting features work then this discussion is not productive.

1 Like

Have you uh… ever actually spoken to a CM or GM in this game or forum? Ive had many give me flat out inaccurate, incorrect information that is easily confirmed. Again, their aim is speed, not accuracy.

5 Likes

You’ve had them give you inaccurate information about how moderation works(something the playerbase has no internal knowledge about)? Several different CMs? Over the string of years?

It’s been an established thing for years that the only automation was the squelch. Complaints about “automated bans” were virtually non-exisitent up until now. The very few cases were quickly dispelled by GMs and CMs providing proof, in threads, that people did infact break the rules, and deserved their bans.

I’m not interested in entertaining your conspiracies or your jaded view of Blizzard. You are free to hold your false narrative. Have a good day Niia.

3 Likes

Sure they broke the rules…but the auto ban feature was still always in place in classic, a GM will review it after the fact…but you can 100% be banned with right click report.

You didnt answer my question.

I understand you clearly put a lot of trust into blizzard and this is shattering your world view to hear, but at some point the multitudes of reports from various unrelated sources of CMs and GMs outright lying has to make you think “…hmm. maybe there’s some truth to the rumors. maybe this company really isnt what is used to be”.

Two months ago:

“Reports do nothing! We mass report bots and they just keep botting for weeks on end!”

Today:

“Mass reports auto-ban players!”

1 Like

lets be honest with ourselves here, 10 or so people reporting a smattering of bots really pales in comparison to entire multi-raid team guild simultaneously sending in a 40-60+ reports on a single player.

i’m sure you’ll claim there is no functional difference even in the face of overwhelming evidence, of course.

2 Likes

This…

What purpose would an auto-ban that never works on bots but only works on massive, abuse driven reports serve? Some common sense would go a long way here.

Either this is a new function following Blizzard’s stated desire to crack down on bots, or this never happened. There’s zero chance this has been in Classic since the start.

3 Likes

If you get entire guilds to report the bots all at once…or even just 20-40 angry people…the bots will be instantly purged for 7 days. As for what purpose it serves, it’s quite obvious. It serves the purpose of blizzard not having to pay people to police the game like they used to and saves them $$, which is the point of the right click report feature all along. Don’t take our word for it though…get 20-40 friends together and give it a try yourself.

If all it took was 20 players to report a bot and get them instantly banned since the start of Classic, it would have been all over every single community forum related to WoW in the world.

Who would have thought that auto ban would be abused by players after they told Blizzard that this is most likely what is gonna happen if they left it as is.

Mind blown

2 Likes

no most bots are reported by 1-3 people or the same pissed off person over and over, that’s not what triggers the auto squelch/ban. You need a large number of reports all within a small time frame. Just like if you rack up a bunch of right click reports for abusive language but it’s over a long amount of time it does nothing. It’s about a bunch of reports ALL AT ONCE. That’s how you trigger it.

There’s people that multibox 20 accounts at once. Why have we never seen a video of them going around banning bots?

Probably because they don’t care? Too busy farming gold or whatever else it is that multiboxers do in their spare time.

That’s your answer? That’s weak.

No matter how convinced you might be, by what you see or what you read, nothing presented in this thread is anything beyond speculation. There are logical fallacies in every argument so far, except this one. There is no proof of what blizzard is being accused of nor proof regarding the right click report system and it remains entirely possible that something all-together different has happened and/or is happening.

Please get some real evidence.

2 Likes

Your whole argument that something doesn’t exist is why another player hasn’t done it and uploaded a video of it yet…i think we all can see where the weakness actually lays.