Sulfuras Allies abuse mass report to auto ban Scarab Lords

It would be silly to think that speed does not matter. It always does in any customer response. It is hard to know how many GMs they have right now. They were not impacted in the layoffs last year, so that is good. However, right now with the pandemic, work layoffs, students at home, there is a surge of interest in online games. The GMs support ALL the Blizzard games, not just WoW, so they are obviously super busy. They are also working from home with limited tools (security matters!).

Blizz is aware that the surge in requests for support + the whole pandemic thing is not great. They have a warning up on the Support page about it. Hiring though would be tricky right now -mostly due to the training and security issues. There are a few people who could likely just step in and do it, but those are rare and you mostly find them on the CS forum as regs.

I really do hope Blizz clarifies this whole situation regarding this specific incident.

1 Like

theres several serious concerns players would love to get a blue response on yet it seems nothing is being said at all abusing the report feature is only one of them

another hot topic of course being the rampant and purposeful zone disruption to prevent specific players from doing AQ quest lines for the chance at the black bug mount and all because they are not part of the right guild or groups

I understand that. I also know how frustrating it is for people to deal with the competition.

There is a reason that almost nobody had it back in Vanilla. The same thing happened.

What you want a response to is something in the hands of Developers. Do they want that type of gameplay and outcome. If yes, it stays the same as it always has been. If no, they will authorize GMs to action accounts over it - but with very specific guidelines as to what the Devs consider out of bounds.

This thread though, is not a place to petition for a Dev response to other issues. The issue this thread is about, is a Customer Support issue that impacts all of WoW - and is not dependent on a Dev review and reply.

Not saying you don’t deserve a Dev response, but don’t mix the streams :slight_smile:

As someone that plays on this server it appears that his ban has been lifted and are continuing the questline as this is being written.

1 Like

theres no mixing the streams and it has a bearing on the topic at hand the fact is too many players are abusing the system in various ways to purposely disrupt and interfere with the gameplay of others and Blizzard is doing little to nothing in response

the AQ bug and the mass reporting are both signs of an even deeper problem and Blizzard isnt taking our concerns seriously or havent you noticed all the various threads on these recent issues popping up and not one of them has even so much as a blue comment to let us know theyre reading and listening

They’re not posting in good faith, I’ve linked this Blue response to their concern four, going on five times now:

You are not wrong. That post addresses part of the issue - which is the discipline system. I think most people realize that the Blizz system uses Blizzard game logs, not third party platforms. They get that.

What I think some people want an answer to is for the Devs to step and say if they are OK with what is going on or if they plan to change it.

What they might not realize, is that guilds working together in alliances is as old as Vanilla and happened back then too. We had Vent and we had in-game private channels.

A lack of answer from the Devs likely means they are going to go with the old past method - that unless they mis-use in-game systems, Blizz can’t/won’t step in.

It is common to see people show up in CS wanting a player banned who annoys them (corpse camp, steal nodes, etc). Those players are not breaking the rules though… it can be hard to hear.

The people that mass reported should get banned (assuming this is true). That is a really bad look.

3 Likes

Yes. That is the stance Blizzard takes regarding abuse of the reporting system. It does result in suspensions usually as a first punishment. However repeated abuse can lead to longer suspensions or even account closure.

1 Like

Regardless of anything you say…i myself saw on bigglesworth the system being abused to get people muted AND banned. If that was due to an automated system or a rapidly acting gm who “made a missclick” is of no consequence to the person being banned for 7 days due to abuse of the report feature, or squelched for multpiple days for the very same reason. With this same system it would take days or longer for the person to get their ban lifted and to date none of the people i know who participated in the “right click report” mafia had an actions taken against them.

Bottom line it puts the power in the hands of large groups of people and make it easy for them to bully people literally off the game, even if for a short while. All this is done because blizzard wants to save some $$. It’s a disgusting system that yet again people said would be abused…and IS being abused, but nothing is being done.

well this is not a group running around strip mining the entire zone of trade resources this is an organized group purposely disrupting the rights of outsiders keeping them from enjoying the event which is suppsoed to be meant for all to enjoy and you really expect them to be happy with it?

any other time this kind of behavior occurs they are subject to being sanctioned for violating the rules but hey Blizzard decided its ok this time and frankly this kind of open support for such only serves to reaffirm what people have said go ahead and break the rules Blizzard wont do anything so its only profitable to keep doing it

Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves as a whole for not only encouraging but promoting this kind of disruptive gameplay to continue

1 Like

Unless they say otherwise, PLAYERS can’t get anyone actually suspended from the game. That takes a GM to press that button.

Believe what you want. I can’t stop you of course. :woman_shrugging:

Again, this thread is not really for this. What you think are “rights” may not be so in the eyes of the Devs. This is a unique event. There is a reason there was usually only one Scarab Lord per faction per server back in the day. If memory serves, and I am old so maybe it does not, the whole point was for the ENTIRE faction to unite behind the chosen champion. That is what the resource gathering and all the rest of it was about. Not shockingly, our Scarab Lords were people from the top raiding guilds of each faction. Also I feel really old right now.

• Note - I was a well grown adult working a very challenging job back then with a lot of business travel. I did the resource farming pretty hard in my down time to contribute, but was not there for the gates. I was busy that night. So, if I am wrong, someone can correct me about how many Scarab Lords were on Mannoroth.
3 Likes

These two things don’t make any sense…you can’t say “no one was abusing the system” and…“we found some people abusing the system” at the same exact time.

1 Like

It makes COMPLETE sense.

• That specific account penalty was not from abuse of the reporting system.

• While investigating they did find people who were ATTEMPTING to abuse it though and punished them.

2 Likes

Sounds VEEEERY fishy to me.

To anyone without a bias against Blizzard, it sounds perfectly reasonable.

oh you meant the ones that paid the most gold for that right?

you want another example of Blizzards turning of a blind eye when players caused massive zone disruption? remember the zombie invasion prelaunch event for Wrath?

100s of people in nearly every questing zone purposely killing any low level npcs players and whoever got in their way

new players couldnt quest they couldnt leave the zones and they couldnt even enjoy their game because the entire event was littered with bodies everywhere in fact it became so disruptive nearly 40% of active subs were dropped and several new players to game also quit on their first day

it got to the point the only thing Blizzard did was end the event a week early no blue comments no apologies for underestimating the immaturity of such players no just a simple early pulling of the plug in a once in a lifetime epic event that was ruined by giving the wrong people too much power and expecting them not to abuse it

It is not really fishy and we see it all the time.

TWO things can be true. People are mass reporting. Those people get caught and actioned.

The person did get suspended by a GM but the suspension was not from those reports.

During the investigation both issues get cleared up.

We see it a lot regarding PvP play. Someone gets into it in PvP then assumes they got a Silence or suspension from being reported in retaliation. Turns out that the penalty was from something else entirely, and the fact they got mass reported (while an issue of course), did not cause the account action.

2 Likes

Well there you have it. Finally we can put this issue to rest. I understand everyone’s frustration regarding the AQ event-- which was meant to be frustrating mind you, but let’s not let that cloud our judgement.

If we work with Blizzard, they will work with us.