Suggestions for making rp servers unique

Also, just for the record, I didn’t mean to imply anyone was a noob and I’m sorry if my post gave that impression. It’s just that I had the impression OP is a relative newcomer to this particular community, based on their posts.

It’s like if I pointed out that OP is seeming to me a lot like Enekie wearing a smiley face mask. Longtime regular forumites will understand that but I wouldn’t at all blame anyone else for finding it completely inscrutable.

1 Like

Nah, Enekie would have said something about Orcs being the reason RP servers are bad at this point.

I miss Enekie.

5 Likes

I’m gonna be in so much trouble if she picks today to come back.

5 Likes

Not to mention that this whole derailment started with a “Off server person being negative/contrary? MUST BE A TROLL!” non-argument.

It’s kind of the reason why I refused to roll a character on WrA for the longest time, until other very close friends of mine did and convinced me to do so as well.

Acting as though the customizations (especially High Eves) are because they are suddenly listening to feedback not because BfA is causing them to hemorrhage subs is the height of naivety.

No I don’t think Activision Blizzard deserves positive anything, they took any good will they had and used 2019 to squander all of it.

5 Likes

JUST GOING TO DROP THIS HERE BECAUSE NOT ONE PERSON REPLIED.

Only positive thing coming to RP servers is Shadowbringers and all the changes it brings.
Shame about the raid tier, though.

1 Like

do

do you mean cos people left to play FF?

If you’re going to call me out like that, the least you could do is roll up on Mateus, Crystal data center and RP with me.

2 Likes

I guess it’s my own fault for not posting on Kyodainaryu as a forum main. People who aren’t regulars wouldn’t realize I primarily played/posted on WrA for a while but just use this guy for posting because idle whim. Could’ve posted on Kunocati but he’s back on MG too IIRC.

I have a little catgirl on Mateus but my FF sub is expired. I bought the game but it didn’t hold my interest past the free period that comes with purchase.

I honestly don’t know why. It’s by any measure a fantastic game. I just…kinda wandered off and felt no urge to return.

I just love the fact I can change my idle standing pose instead of standing there wondering what the hell to do with my hands.

That’s the kind of stuff Blizzard could easily implement that would please not only RPers but everyone, but don’t, because they do not care and never will.

1 Like

Also if memory serves wasn’t Blizzard really snotty about the High Elf thing before they finally caved in and did it

As if any change RPers (or any player) may want has to first come with snide dismissal before profits make them change their minds

Almost as if… they followed the money, and not good will

4 Likes

No no no, it’s totally because a roleplayer finally suggested high elves be playable.

But you totally tried, Levington. Here’s your gold star for the day.

2 Likes

Yeah, see, this is what gets my goat. Their reasons for refusing to put in high elf customizations were so aggressively dumb it was almost like taunting the players who wanted them. I’d have respected it more if they just came out and said “no, it’s our game and that’s not part of our vision.” That would have been a solid answer.

And then once they needed to draw back people in it turns out all those excuses were lies anyway. As if that wasn’t painfully obvious from the get go.

4 Likes

Blizzard (or people speaking for the company) have been historically antagonistic about high elves

It was, in fact, a 180 degree turn after a comment made only a few weeks before that the changes just suddenly appeared on the ptr

3 Likes

“If you are an alliance player and you just want to be a fair-skinned, light-haired and blue-eyed elf… Sorry, the Horde is there waiting for you…”

EDIT: Even better, found a link and updated the quote shown above:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProtectiveFaithfulEndivePeanutButterJellyTime

(To be fair, he does later say “Anything is possible in the future…”, but good god, man, that first quote is just yanking the dog’s chain really hard.)

2 Likes

:hot_pepper:

from the creators of team edward and team whatevertheothercharacterwas comes team levington and team alunasari. who do you support in the hit summer blockbuster ‘wra forum argument #9218-K