Suggestions for making rp servers unique

So you people can be as nasty, passive aggressive, and mean as you want and when I respond, as is my right, you’ve suddenly moved on?

Pathetic.

Hey, look, did you know people can play on more than one server?

2 Likes

Yeah it is isn’t it lol

Anyway, back to OP’s topic at hand. Again.

And I’m here too!

1 Like

I enjoy you, Rakham. Never change.

I do my best, but I am aging like fine milk left in a hot car in the middle of the desert.

1 Like

The only concern I have with RP server exclusive features is that it could invite the wrong crowd, if ya know what I mean.

1 Like

The "hyper competitive ‘must have every advantage they can get’ " crowd or the “just wants to see Goldshire burn” crowd?

If it’s the former, just make it so the RP server exclusive features don’t have any impact on gameplay. If it’s the latter, well… I don’t think there’s any fixing that at this point…

Yes.

Also, folks just diggin’ to find something to exploit things.

Essentially, the folks that are the reason we can’t have nice things.

Loving positivity people!!! Just because forums tend to get negative doesn’t mean they have to be! Very much enjoying the vibes. Good criticism mixed with insightful dialogue.
Going through a lot of what was talked about here and Ima try and hint many different points:
As many as people don’t seem to like it, but I argue heavily about what the language barrier is. I have a much more well thought out post about this else where with examples, but truthfully the language barrier doesn’t really exist at all. People tend to see the mechanic and take it literally. But it makes no sense with the rate that we’re welcoming people where we’re all communicating the same tongue (Which you could say is mechanic too) but it’s reinforce through books and cinematic as well of characters having no problem talking to each other!! (Esp since Draenei would 100% be able to communicate with orcs)

I would absoutely love things dealing with language be a server exclusive thing. I think giving orcs their old language like just…Orcish. And giving Horde just… (Horde) lol.

Merging servers I feel could be nice in theory. But there def would be the people form MG who would push their server canon butting heads with WRA plus Goldshire would…not be optimal anymore.
Theres a lot of ups nad downs at the idea.

Honestly, with things like DND being mainstream now , making a lot of money and introducing new people through the medium like Critial Role and TAZ as well as the truckloads of celebrities who role play and larp, polishing and making WoWs RP scene enhanced would strongly be beneficial. It’s just very fun and exciting to thing about the ways it can be buffed

4 Likes

Good point Gotosh, Blizzard could see this as a selling point, not just a, “Yeah, we have rp servers, but they’re by name only.”

Also, I’d love to talk to you about the Azeroth Peace Council in game!

People have been asking Blizzard to drop the language barrier for 15 years.

This is in no way a new request. Neither is the ability to be friendly with the opposing faction. The notion that we havent tried hard enough or we’re just not being positive enough is mildly insulting

6 Likes

It’s actually a little bonkers to me that they haven’t tried to re-release the WoW RPG in some form, either as a 2nd Edition or just making them ebooks.

Like, honestly, I can think of nothing better for them to put out to fill the lull between expansions.

3 Likes

I am going to pre-emptively start screaming now because this is 100% the same thing I said but I KNOW they will not call you an off-server troublemaker for saying it.

Like, my brain, it can’t. it absolutely can’t.

1 Like

I was going to reply to the post but, do you know what, no.

I suggest that whoever is interested, start making in game suggestions to implement Common across factions.

It’s not all that complicated. Just give everyone Common. Everyone in universe already seems to know it so it would be lore abiding.

That they wont is the same reason they wont loosen the faction barrier.

The people at the top seem to feel that the hard faction barrier is core to WoW. Why? Who knows, it probably has something to do with money because Activision Blizzard.

1 Like

I would buy so many WoW themed minis :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Okay this is what I’m submitting in game, probably at least a few times a day. Feel free to do the same!

“As a roleplayer, we’re always concerned with immersion. While WoW has a lot of immersion, one thing that I think is lacking is being able to have a common language across the races. Yes we have Elixir of Tongues already, but it is sort of a cheap way to be able to talk cross faction, and doesn’t add to immersion. We see in the cinematics orcs speaking in Common to humans, and other races speaking it as well. Common is the universal language and should be open to all peoples of Azeroth!”

I’m currently in a position where I need an abomination-ish mini for a campaign, and I’m discovering my best option is to pay around $120 for a Great Unclean One from 40k, which strikes me as a somewhat suboptimal state of things.

Like, “fat zombie with sword and/or hook” isn’t exactly an uncommon trope, these days.