Suggestions for making rp servers unique

Might as well put in height sliders too.

2 Likes

That’s fine, I was just saying that the negativity comes from a place that is rooted in experience and isn’t made up or wrong. People are overly negative a lot, especially forum goers on WRA, especially WRA forum goers that aren’t even on WRA,

That much is true, they don’t really add anything meaningful to any conversation and like to stir up trouble, I was just giving some meaning to it, though it’s easy to dismiss those people as annoying or trolling because well they are, but the root of the sentiments about blizzard being an uncaring behemoth of anti RP is true enough as well

5 Likes

Are you alright

Okay, I’ll try this one more time.

You, responding to Azhaar:

What I took issue with was the idea that she, or indeed any of us who have been watching the slow burning excrement fire that is WoW, hadn’t already tried that, or that it was a simple problem of not having the right attitude. Because this comes off as if nobody ever thought of making suggestions before you did, or that they weren’t meeting your standard of right action.

Not once, anywhere, did I attack you for wanting positive change. Neither did anyone else. MY issue with is this weird dismissal of anything you don’t consider properly positive. Is that better? Is it sinking in, and is it compatible with your scramble to play the victim in this whole thread?

7 Likes

Part of me thinks merging all of the RP servers together is a terrible idea for several different reasons.

1. MG and WRA have completely different cultures. MG favors open world RP and server canon where certain groups hold parts of the world and you have to respect that as far as I know. WRA is more guild and event driven and people usually keep to themselves. These two things wouldn’t mesh well.

2. MG is Alliance Heavy. WRA is Horde heavy. While it would be even for a while people would start changing factions based on my reasoning for number one. And there would be an imbalance again.

6 Likes

I don’t mean merge the big ones, just allow for another real RP community by merging everything BUT mg/wra/ed. MG and Wra are fine as they are, faction imbalances aside.

(ED I’ve never visited, I just know that it too lists as having a big population on the server selection screen…)

1 Like

I’ve often thought about this with new players too. Like “Hmm, I’d like to create a character on an RP realm! Earthen Ring sounds cool! I love druids!”

aaaaaand, nobody’s home

Lowkey did this when I first tried to start RP. I had been playing on the oceanic PvP realm, Thaurissan, with my IRL friends… but I wanted to try an RP server. Made a low level alt on Scarlet Crusade. Very quiet. Even in MoP.

2 Likes

Yeah you have to be fairly keyed in to WoW’s community to even know that MG and WrA are unique. A totally new person might just conclude that WoW has no RP if they hopped on to Venture Co or whatever.

1 Like

Yeah tbh I only found WRA because the admin of a facebook page called “the Horde”, that younger me liked when it was cool to like random facebook pages, talked about being on an RP server called Wyrmrest Accord and I DMed the page about it LOL

Ironically I then proceeded to play Alliance, mainly.

Then why are you playing and/or spending time in WoW forums?

Obviously there is more to it than that, which is what I was getting to. People clearly have made suggestions to the game that got implemented. There’s a way to do it, but nothing will ever happen when someone makes a comment as she had (which was basically a shut down comment). Also, you’re still speaking in vague terms. Like suggesting is all just one thing, like you tried suggesting and it didn’t work, so it isn’t worth it anymore.

I only called you negative, not her. I just said she had the wrong attitude about it. Maybe negative wasn’t the right word, does pessimistic work better for you? If we’re counting up the tally here, I was called a “Blizzard employee”, “abrasive”, “bragging”, “chiding”, am I missing anything?

I think you’re projecting here.

1 Like

gamer time

I am quite enjoying this.

Also, to be fair, you are engaging with an off server trouble maker. It’s a sad state of of affairs, but one we must live with on WRA. Sometimes you gotta ignore people in order to have meaningful conversations on these forums. I suggest moving on and replying to those contributing to the thread instead of taking the bait laid out for you that continues the derailing of the topic at hand.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out! Why would someone come to another server’s forums to post?

i’ve gone to MG to tell off a gold scammer that alternates between here and there, while also giving forewarning

I could speculate, but that’s not my deal. Let’s talk more about yours and others ideas to make RP realms better for RP.

2 Likes

give the other cities equal portal access as stormwind and orgrimmar, and remove a lot of cluttered npcs in certain areas in org. orgrimmar has as many districts as stormwind, but since there’s so many npcs cluttering the other areas, it feels more crowded.

im looking at you, troll valley.

3 Likes

Ooooooh this is the dream right here.

Disables NPCs and general world phasing…

Can y’all imagine the annual Argent Tournament event without the NPCs?

4 Likes

I miss running around the world and it feeling empty. I’ve been playing Classic a lot and it feels so nice to see open world, empty buildings, decorative places that are great for RP. It’s hard to find empty buildings and places to do stuff without having NPCs that ruin immersion.

We can start with the useless trainers all around the cities.

5 Likes

Is it wrong that I want the class trainers to have class quests instead of being useless? Like I just want a Class hub similar to monks. Class Halls were the closest we got :sob:

3 Likes

Don’t get me started on class identity and making leveling seem meaningful.

1 Like