Suggestion: Shaman Glyphs

To wrap these suggestion threads which I am posting in the relevant class-sections, here’s the one’s I would suggest for the Shaman Class. My reason for making these threads is primarily to give players more options with their spells.

But another serious issue is this.

Since BFA launched only 2 classes (Mage and Druid) have gotten new glyphs.

These glyphs I suggest, I believe will actually improve the game for players in fun ways, that do not break the game; which is what Blizzard states is their desire when reading suggestions. Some of the glyphs are admittedly Troll or Kul’Tiran themed, which I think fits given the expansion; but all were created with ease of implementation in mind.

Tidal Burst: Your Lava Burst is replaced with a gout of water magic.

Squalls: Your Flame Shock is replaced with a burst of water magic.

Shadow Lightning: Your Chain Lightning is tainted with shadow magic. (See Magatha Grimtotem’s Spell).

7 Likes

I enjoy this glyph.

I think blizz is really letting us down in the glyph department. There are a thousand “green fire” like effects they could do for all the classes. So many people have come up with amazing ideas.

Except blizz doesn’t do it because it doesn’t make people come back to play, doesn’t affect the time played or any metric they can make money off of, and they know people can go on without it. Look at how long people waited for green fire when they’ve been asking for it since vanilla. If we had more cosmetic glyphs it would add good quality to the game.

Sorry for going on a tangent. I think a whole void shaman theme for our spells would be cool. Shadow lightning, shadow burst. Especially now the mag’har are in the ranks and are using void magic without corrupting everything in sight. One of the artifact skins is “fist of the dark shaman” or something, so they are playing with the idea of void shamans.

1 Like

tbh id be happy to have a glyph that give my ghost wolf a boney dinosaur look. or maybe just to give our old lightning animation back

1 Like

On this topic, kinda, there was this recent vid from Taliesin and Evitel that was pretty interesting I thought:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcoK4OXKTw

It’s about changing spell appearances to disguise a class as another (ex: replaces demons with undead to change demo to necromancer) or theme a spec (replace shadow priest spells looks with light looks for lightbound). Or as suggested in this thread, A more Dark Shaman look for lightning spells.

4 Likes

:arrow_up: This

We need a lot of cosmetic glyphs, especially to put lore flavor to the classes among their different races. That’s why spell skins should be there some day.
Now going on topic, i support the glyphs ideas of the OP. And here are my suggestions:

Glyph of Yu’lon: Changes your Feral Spirit spell to summon dragons instead (like the chinese style dragons from Pandaria).

Glyph of Xuen: Use this glyph to make your Ghost Wolf turn you into a spirit tiger.

I want my spells to be pure lightning. I hate having earth and fire magic as a shaman. Id love to turn lava lash and lava burst into lighting strikes for sure

3 Likes

The shadow lightning sounds fine but the other two seem to transform into something completely underwhelming.

Bring back Glyph of Ascendance.

Their more for people who want the Tide-Sage thematic, but nothing says other variants that suit another player cannot be created. The key thing we need here is more choice, not less.

1 Like

As a resto shaman with the Water Glyphs would make it amazing… the whole tidal theme would be in effect

1 Like

Glyphs for Lightning and Earth Shield: the swirly ball visual only briefly shows when the shield is triggered.

I just can’t stand them honestly.

Another Glyph just came to mind.

Glyph of the Shifting Sand:

Your Earth Elemental is replaced by a Sand Elemental.

I mean Mages have 4 variants on 1 Elemental, so it seems pretty fair for Shamans to get a couple options for their spells, you know?

2 Likes

You and most are probably already aware but gor clarification there is a pebble glyph that makes EE smaller.

Believe it or not, I’d forgotten about that one since I’ve rarely if ever seen it in use. Still it doesn’t really change the model or tint in the same way Mages have so many options where it relates to Water Elemental. Mages also have the Evaporation Glyph which does the same.

I just feel like a few more options for more classes is not a lot to ask for when I look at the many perks my class is given. I mean it really makes the support other classes receive feel like afterthoughts at best, and that doesn’t seem really fair for a game with 12 classes in it.

1 Like

I like water as well, but no one really uses it offensively unless its ice.

and lava is very devestating, simply water couldn’t replace it.

I don’t know if you’ve ever been hit by a water cannon under high pressure, but I can assure you, water can be just as deadly as lava or ice. Especially if it has some rocks or other sea oriented materials being dragged along in it’s currents.

But even in a liquid form water “can” cut through things with the right levels and concentration of force. Unlike ice that usually shatters at a certain stress point, with water it’s more of a bludgeoning effect.

This bludgeoning impact can blind people, and even put someone in a coma. It’s all about how much pressure is brought to bear. I agree with you that Lava is devastating, but what about a dense wave of water that just blew a jagged hole through your chest, or smashed your head into a rock at a high rate of speed?

It can happen.

I’d love a glyph to get the elementals from Pandaria. I love those ones

2 Likes

Edit: Kind of ranted. TL;DR is that I agree.

I’d really like the glyph that caused our astral recall to take us to the earthshrine, or something similar.
I really don’t need to be able to hearth every 10 minutes.

Some new glyphs for new flavour abilities would be great as well.

Ghost wolf and spirit wolf glyphs that turn them into those corsac foxes please =)

I’m for anything glyphwise. Especially if we can get some more ghost wolf form glyphs. I understand that we aren’t droods, but man do we need some updated stuff. We can have Draenei, Dwarf, Tauren, Orc, Troll, Goblin, Panderen, and the allied versions shamans, and I feel like those individual races would be more than a raptor or wolf.

We need more ghost wolf forms!