Suggestion: On the topic of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur

If the issue was inflation, then why remove it when it still takes a lot of dedication to obtain 5 million gold? Why not make the price increase as inflation increases?

The mobile auction app years ago didn’t disrupt the flow of the world, and that was way more accessible. I simply don’t see understand how a continuously difficult to obtain mount would make a city AH obsolete.

And a lot of people do have it. I see them pretty consistently. I’ve asked in dungeon/raid groups to use one, and there is always somebody with one.

To your last point, they could, if it was really that bad of a mistake. Simply refund the 5 million gold.

The main issue was not inflation, it was -

Which, by proxy, does tie into inflation though.

I think a markup would be a pretty good idea. 20% would be more than fair.

While I understand this, Blizz caused this issue in the first place with cities, when they funneled everyone into only Org and Stormwind and deleted the incentives to go to all cities.

I don’t think an auction house should make or break things, if Blizzard went back to putting dailies into cities like we had in Cata. Make them for all levels, make them earn something fun, make them part of professions, as well, bring back Archaeology and make dailies from every city for that, too.

Add transmogrification and void storage and barbershops to every single city, as well as portal rooms to every one of them.

This game got frustrating when they started removing content and mounts that aren’t challenge modes. And it got boring when they started shoving us into an on rails path.

World of Warcraft is no longer about the world and all of its cities and races and cultures to explore. And that makes it less immersive and engaging.

Right, and it would still be uncommon at the right price.

1 Like

The large thread about its removal is still up.

I will always support brining it back. There was zero reason to remove it, or any mount in the game honestly. But, this one is extremely beneficial.

I’d agree with this statement.

We also have to look at the broader range of people who play games now, the most popular games are those like Fortnite, CoD, and LoL. Many people simply aren’t interested in building relationships, guilds, long-lasting teams and teamwork, nor exploration of the game. Many players aren’t interested in character progression, if it were up to them they’d jump into the content they want to do right away and be able to log out and call it a day.

It’s very obvious that many players would rather just have a lobby game than an rpg here.

1 Like

To be fair most players pick up engineering gvine you can access the zone AH’s, so you don’t have to go to cities to use the AH. Blizzard is simply allergic to players being able to access convenient items and methods of getting around. Which I agree and disagree with. On the one hand it keeps players engaged with the game the more out of the way you have to go. Yet in the other it locks mounts and the like behind FOMO walls. Which the majority of the time just aren’t worth it, and lead to more problems than it solves. Similar to the yak and the Mammoth they really didn’t cause many issues. In which it makes sense to make some aspects of the game more on the go or use it when and where you need. As to when get back to ogrrimar means using your hearth, or flight paths and porting around to get to the AH. When the mount makes it a bit easier to get items off the AH, seeing as it’s the main source of raid consumables. Which to me means that you would think it would be worth it to allow the mount to still be up. Over removing it entirely like they did and making it another FOMO item.

What I mean is over the years people would have more time to work on it so more and more players would gradually be able to get it. Blizz is thinking how it would turn out many years into the future, not right now.

But it’d become an increasingly frequent thing no matter how expensive it is. The price doesn’t matter to those who actually want it. And not everyone has to have it to be able to use it, they can share with others who do. They just don’t want WoW to become that way where every non-city social place has AHs floating in it.

1 Like

I always disliked FOMO items. It was one of the main reasons I stopped playing LoL and animal crossing: pocket camp. Especially when such a thing needs you to devote quite a bit of time, which not everyone has the luxury to spend.

And so dies our genre. :slightly_frowning_face:

I’d agree with that statement, too.

Do we blame the companies for shifting their games trying to keep more people playing or do we blame the players who swarm in and demand changes?

1 Like

I feel it’s a bit of both. And I’ve been saying for a long while now that they’re trying to attract a new generation of players with changing the game. The problem is, new people don’t want to play an almost two decades old “my grandpa’s game.” And they’re alienating all of the older players at the same time.

I don’t have a solution to this, though.

1 Like

That’s assuming the player base doesn’t grow, though, doesn’t it? Not everyone can or wants to make the money to buy it. Maybe eventually, but it takes months (if you’re good) to make that money without relying on tokens.

I don’t think it’s feasible to just ask people to use their mount so you can check your auctions. It would take more time than actually getting to the AH, which is already a disadvantage of not having the mount.

How about we put an auctionhouse into each city and not just for engineers?

1 Like

I started recently too and admit that I am envious of people who have it.

While I don’t want it necessarily back, I’d actually like to see it on the Black Market Auction House. I’ve kept an eye on that for ages and haven’t actually seen it come up. One could save up ‘cap’ gold but as it stands I don’t think the mount has been put recently in the cycle (more than happy to stand corrected on this though, if there are any players that also use the BMAH regularly and have seen it).

I don’t think pointing fingers would help anybody, in this case. I understand the developers being dissatisfied with losing players, and I can understand people who genuinely feel as though there are things that can help the game.

For example, I’m a long-time player and this is quite literally the only post I’ve made regarding a suggestion. It’s something that I feel passionately enough about that would really help me, and others, enjoy the game. I’ve even offered possible ways to allow for some of the preservation they’re seeking to maintain.

If you don’t mean to refer to my post as “swarming in to demand changes”, then I apologize for misunderstanding, but shutting down genuine suggestions would be counterproductive to building a community where people are interested in the things you illustrated in a previous post.

My reply to Thallia was actually completely 100% off topic, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I’ve read around, and many people haven’t seen it in 4+ months. I’d also be a lot less upset if it was on there more often.

1 Like

I actually just want a brutosaur mount, no side seats, nothing special, just me sitting on top of the brutosaurs head.

1 Like