Suggestion: Monk Glyphs

This is a suggestion I am making because of two big issues I see in the game. The first and big one is this. Since BFA launched only 2 classes (Mage and Druid) have gotten new glyphs.

The second reason for the thread is because these glyphs actually improve the game for players in fun ways. Some are admittedly Troll or Kul’Tiran themed, which I think fits given the expansion; but all were created with ease of implementation in mind.

Monk:

Jadefire Brew: Your Breath of Fire Spell now uses the color of the Jade Serpent.
Effect: Breath of Fire is now Yu’lon’s misty green flames.

Flaming Tiger Punch: Your Tiger Palm now is a wave of fire. (Brother Korloff’s attack)

The Other Side: Your touch of death glows with the power of Bwonsamdi’s realm.

9 Likes

I’d like to add.

Glyph of Flurry of Xuen: Replaces FoF animation with the Pandaria Legendary cloak proc animation.

Glyph of Reach of Xuen: Replaces the Flying Serpent Kick animation with a pounce like animation which would essentially be a really long roll along with a Xuen figurehead.

Glyph of Flight of the Crane: Replaces the Flying Serpent Kick animation with a Crane Kick styled stance as we fly forward.

Glyph of Spinning Crane Strikes: Replaces the current SCK animation to that of one with the use of our arms. Maybe something like spinning in T pose or perhaps a prolonged WDP animation w/o the jump.

Glyph of Spirits or Glyph of After Images: FoF now shoots its little ghost animations again like in Legion.

Glyph of Style or Glyph of Ancestors(?): You’re SEF images now appear equipped with the your transmog sets randomly.

Glyph of Tremors or Glyph of Niuzao’s Hoof: Changes the animation of Leg Sweep to a more ground pound type of animation, cracking it. Sort of like a more awesome thunderclap.

5 Likes

I want a glyph that allows ALL polearms and staves to share the over the shoulder positioning of the artifact staves.

11 Likes

Please and thank you. I don’t think I’d mind if the staves/polearms warped hilariously through our shoulders either.

And also maybe let MWs shoulder their staves/polearms too.

3 Likes

I’d love to have a green fire-esque questline where you can replace all of your green chi abilities with red Chi-ji chi.

3 Likes

A glyph that randomly assigned us a SEF clone instead of always being the same one…

Glyph to replace Blackout Strike with Blackout Kick for Brewmaster please. I miss kicking things.

2 Likes

yea

I’d like to be able to be the green or orange clone once in a while myself instead of always being the purple one like how it used to function in MOP/WOD

also, more RSK color glyphs, like a green one or a black, etc.

1 Like

I’d like one that actually uses my staff/weapons for most of my attacks. I know we’re monks, but it feels so wrong having weapons and not using them.

5 Likes

Clash of Winds - Clash now has gusts of wind that carry you and your target, instead of charging.
~
Ox Rush - Tiger’s Lust has a yellow color.
~
Chi Kegs - Kegs are now translucent, instead of wood.

Make more sense for fist of fury, as that’s the animation he is doing

Edit: I just saw the date

Bad necromancer

A glpyh to change Faeline Stomp color to Chi-ji/Yu’lon themes pls

1 Like

I fully support this so it is at least monk like.

Or even make it cracked earth like the Enh shaman Sunder is, so it looks like we used our amazing monk strength to split the earth.

Please god no. FLS’ animation should just be a glyph for RSK. Delete FLS from our trees.

3 Likes

I would choose to remove it and BDB if possible but since they are here to stay… best bet is to make them monk colors.

They really shouldn’t. Not in their current iteration anyway. Like BDB should go and be replaced by a buff to MotC, or even a buff to RJW.

FLS has hope. Blizz could bake the frontal stomp + damage debuff into RSK. That way it’s an improvement on the old RSK damage debuff, and it works for AoE as well. And it’d save us a global/keybind as well as 1 or 2 talent points. However, they prolly won’t do it because it makes sense.

1 Like

Actually in early wod or late MoP it actually did put an aoe debuff

You’re probably not MW if this is your take, but a recolor on an ability that our whole playstyle hinges on would be nice.

I mean MoP had better fistweaver design than current fire and forget fistweaver

I second FLS gaining color glyphs. I think it is really pretty but I just love the mint green of MW.

I think it’d be cool to have glyphs for each statue that instead made a transparent clone of us (like Transcendence and Storm, Earth, and Fire) in appropriate color/pose for that statue (ex: JSS would be your character in the MW green performing the Soothing Mist animation).

Life Cocoon is also very pretty but is on the more visually obtrusive side. Perhaps we could get a glyph to reduce its visual closer to what the new Chi Cocoon’s animation is.

The celestials we can summon have corresponding battle pets (Yula, Chi-Chi, etc.). Why not a glyph that changes our own celestial to the little baby celestials? Would be pretty cute.

2 Likes