Suggested Adjustment to A World Awoken

With recent as of the last few hours adjustments to Seething Cache being removed from A World Awoken, I would like to propose a different adjustment for some other aspects.
I’d like to propose the primalist mob packs in a storm also give credit to X-storm of Y-zone achievements. I’ve thought of this since season one when primal storms were actually relevant but it simply feels bad having to avoid certain mobs that feel like they should count given the nature of the micro event.
A second proposition would be relaxing the requirements on the Forbidden Reach scroll collection to the base 10 collected achievement because comparatively it is much more of a grindy to what end task than many others. I am okay with this being untouched but it does feel mildly disproportionate. Otherwise I am very happy with this meta achievement as it stands, thank you.

6 Likes

One biggie I have seen quite a few discussions about is the timer on the Elemental Storms. Most folks feel the timer could be adjusted a little bit as it is a tad lengthy, per the discussions I have seen :slight_smile:

I know that is one of the drawbacks that I have noticed as well. They always seem to go a little long. Not a major problem, just a drawback.

They used to be 2 at a time but then Suffusion Camps overwrote one, it would be lovely to have the lull between them cut entirely or at least to 30min.

2 Likes

Meta achievements like A World Awoken are supposed to be lengthy, expansive goals for players to work towards but there are certainly a number of ‘problem’ achievements that are currently a little bit frustrating. I don’t really want to see these conditions removed but rather the ability to obtain them become more consistent or the ways you were intended to acquire them to actually function.

The first painpoint I’ve seen has been the ‘Storm Chaser’ achievement as you said yourself. At the start of the expansion, two of these storms were active at the same time, but in subsequent updates it was reduced to only one. I imagine this was to help reduce the general map clutter as these events were now outdated and no longer were the ‘right’ thing to do for catchup. But ultimately this now means that there is an even heavier RNG component where it doesn’t really feel like you can just go out and do this, you need to wait for the stars to align for you to go down and knock out the storm that’s ongoing. A potential change could be to allow two storms to be active at once, as it was originally, or perhaps a fixed rotation could be considered.

The ‘Hoarder of the Forbidden Reach’ achievement is a little bit frustrating for multiple reasons. First of all, it basically just feels like an extended version of the generic ‘treasures of the zone’ achievement. Secondly, the Reliquary Scroll of Perception does not function as you would expect. It states that it should be showing small treasures on your minimap but this is only true if nobody has looted it before you. Considering the treasures are lootable by multiple people chances are flying around the zone for a while may result in you finding zero, even if there actually were treasures around, they were never marked for you despite using an item which promises to mark them for you.

Please make the Reliquary Scroll function as stated or reduce the requirements.

Another irksome achievement on the Forbidden Reach is the Scroll Hunter - it’s not that bad, just a lot of really mindless grinding. Perhaps a drop rate increase could be considered or allow the Azure Scrying Crystal to persist through the first loot, but potentially have a shorter duration.

TL;DR

• Have 2 storms up at once or increase the rate in which they rotate to combat the stars-align requirement to finish the achievement eventually.
  • Make the Reliquary Scroll function as it says on the tooltip for the Hoarder of the Forbidden Reach achievement
  • Consider allowing the Azure Scrying Crystal to persist after your first loot of a scroll.
8 Likes

I agree that it really needs the scrying crystal to work for a period of time. Even if its just a short 15 minutes especially since they do not get mailed to you if you miss one.

1 Like

So just another very small thing that has been commented on a lot is the fishing holes. We get 1 random hole a week since the Waking Shores always has one. Waiting weeks on end for one fishing hole to spawn by random chance then throw Fyrakk assaults on top of it can make getting Taking From Nature a bit stressful. At least the storms were every few hours. These Meta achievements are meant to be challenging, of course! But there are some things that are just drab.

3 Likes