Subscription renewed while account suspended

My account has been suspended on January 16th.

On January 17th, I received a billing e-mail stating the renewal of my subscription.

I have been suspended twice in the past and on both occasions, my subscription was automatically canceled. Unfortunately, this time it was not.

I put a ticket in on January 17th to cancel this subscription renewal since I can not play on a suspended account. Blizzard refuses to cancel the subscription stating that they only cancel them for suspensions of a duration of 15 days and more.

In the e-mail I received stating that my account was suspended, there are no mentions of subscriptions renewal. In the terms of services, it mentions that you can not have your game time refunded if you are suspended, however, there is no mentions of renewal of subscriptions for suspended accounts.

An account suspension should automatically cancel your subscription no matter the duration. Nobody would willingly continue to pay for a service they can not receive. In this situation, why on earth would Blizzard refuse to cancel my subscription?

This is as close as fraud as it gets. I will never play a Blizzard made game again.

Blizzard, you are a scum company, shame on you.

3 Likes

Two questions:

How long is the suspension, and

Is it possible that the renewal process was initiated prior to the account penalty being applied?

5 Likes

Your wow account alone, or your entire blizzard account was suspended? If you can still access account management, and put in a ticket, you should be able to cancel the subscription, and put through a refund request.

You probably couldn’t do it yesterday while it was in the process window, but my guess is it should done processing

1 Like

This right here ^

The sub was already queued before the suspension I would guess. That is how it has always worked. If it is too far in the billing process neither you nor Blizz can cancel it.

You can ask for a refund, but generally they don’t give those for suspensions. It states pretty clearly in the EULA that getting suspended is not a cause for a refund on game costs or subs.

If you get suspended for a long time though it will auto cancel any subscriptions that are not already in process.

4 Likes

My account was suspended for 7 days. The suspension was effective on January 16th and the subscription still went through even though it is suspended. the EULA states you do not get refunds if your account is suspended during the period for which you paid for. However this situation is clearly different since they are adding game time to an account that is already suspended. Very different than forfeiting already paid game time.

I did ask for a refund of this new month subscription. They are refusing.

The payment did not even go through my bank yet, it is still in process on paypal, I have not been charged yet, I put my ticket in yesterday and with all of this, they are still refusing to do anything about it. No refunds, no accomodations whatsoever. I asked if the subscription could be delayed, or have game time added to match what would have been a normal transaction, they still refuse. I will be contesting the payment on paypal once it goes through.

But I should not have to go through any of this. This is pure greed and disdain of their customer. It makes no sense to add game time to a suspended account, whether the suspension is 1 day, 2 days or 30 days change nothing that the account is suspended and inaccessible for game play, so why add game time to it?

The subscription is billed in date of January 17th, a full day after the suspension.

That is the key here, the transaction is in process and was before your suspension. You got suspended on the 16th. A transaction that is supposed to go through on the 17th gets queued ahead of time - because you already had approved it as part of setting up your sub.

Yesterday was a bank holiday in the US which may have impacted the speed at which PayPal processed it.

The computer has no way to know that you would get suspended before queuing your scheduled transaction. Again, I would strongly bet it was queued before your suspension happened.

You are right you should not have to go through this, but the way to prevent that is not to get suspended.

4 Likes

If you’d like to discuss this, Live Chat should be open this afternoon, Râllyk.

This does look like unfortunate timing. This is cancelled, but I cannot tell if it was done by the system, or by you.

This suspension will be up on the 23rd.

4 Likes

The system is trying to add game time to an account that is suspended, the system is flawed. I am still being charged for new added game time to an account I can not play on. I am not asking for a refund for the days I could not play due to my suspension on my prior subscription, I am asking that this new subscription that is being charged AFTER MY SUSPENSION be canceled, this is what Blizzard is refusing to.

If it’s your named license - I’m seeing that IS cancelled, Râllyk. Unfortunately, I can’t see very deeply into that system - which is why I suggested you use Live Chat a bit later today.

2 Likes

I had filed a request to delete my account, failure to resolve this very simple issue is killing my interest in WoW and Blizzard. I will try live chat later today.

It does not matter that the renewal was already queued or not, the result is charging a costumer to add game time to an account that can not be accessed, no matter how this is flipped, I’m being charged for something I can not use.

This type of practice is highly dishonest and greedy.

While you can ask your account be deleted - you do want to remember that will impact EVERY game license on a Battle.net - and once processed, is irreversible.

3 Likes

Yes, failure to solve this issue will result in me never using or purchasing anything that is related to Blizzard.

It is neither of those things, it is simply how recuring payments process. They do not go through on the exact day that they show in the system, they are set up ahead of time to take into account processing time so the account doesn’t run into downtime while the payment is sent over. Again when the payment was queued over they had no way of knowing that you would get a suspension. The system would have simply checked the account and sent the payment.

Again this is simply a timing issue and a limitation of how banks and payments online work. No one did this on purpose, nor is this something that only happens with Blizzard.

6 Likes

Why don’t you wait to see what happens with your ticket before you trigger the nuclear option? But as Orlyia has stated (a couple times now, perhaps you missed it) your payment appears to have already been canceled.

4 Likes

This part is your doing though, unless you did not earn the suspension. Blizzard did not simply block you and take your money.

4 Likes

The ticket was marked as answered, they said they would do nothing. The payment has been canceled for the month of February, not this month.

@Mourningg

It is dishonest and greedy to refuse to cancel it though.

@Mirasol

Yes, I have done something that got me suspended. Are you saying that I should be forced to keep paying a subscription as punishment? I do not wish to add game time to my account. I want that charge canceled. How hard is that to understand for you that the charge coming AFTER THE SUSPENSION is unacceptable?

Apparently as difficult as it is to understand that charge initiated before the suspension was applied. If your subscription renews on the 17th (for example), the charge is initiated a couple days in advance so that there is no interruption in game time. If you were billed the day of, your account would go inactive due to lack of gametime until that payment processed.

Perhaps in the future you should avoid account penalties on or around your billing date.

8 Likes

Would it be possible to provide information on how to reach live chat please? I have been looking through the customer support page and can’t find anything about it?

Thank you for your support.

(Sorry, I had to change character in order to be able to ask after deleting my post)

Once it’s open - you’ll see a second icon at the top of the page - next to web tickets.

Contact Support - Blizzard Support (battle.net)

2 Likes

I don’t understand how you can defend a system that renews your subscription while you are banned and then refuse to cancel said subscription. Hopefully I fall on someone more helpful on the live chat.

Thank you for your explanation of how automated system works unfortunately this is not the reason why I am here.

Clearly, my case is not a normal renewal subscription case. Nor am I asking for a refund for the period of December that I couldn’t play because of my suspension.

My experiences in the past with suspensions always were an immediate cancelation of subscription and I expected this time to be the same.

I was very surprised to see the subscription was not canceled after my suspension. I would not have renewed for that period if I knew and I am asking that subscription to be canceled. This clearly differs from asking a refund for a subscription due to a suspension.

I understand that the system could possibly have started the renewal of a subscription before the suspension had taken effect and could cause the transaction to go through, what I do not understand is that the system automatically cancels your subscription for a suspension of 15 days or more but not for less than 15 days and why it is not stipulated in the e-mail you receive when you are noticed of your suspension.

In human interactions, this would be considered a mistake. However, the system that is managing subscription is automated and did not take into consideration that I would never want to pay for a subscription while I am suspended. What I am asking is to have a human person reconsider this because clearly, nobody would willingly subscribe to a service they can not access. The only reason the subscription was renewed is because I expected it to be canceled already with the suspension like it was for me in the past.

I am sure you can see why I am frustrated with this situation and why I want to have this subscription canceled. So thank you for taking into consideration everything that was stipulated and have a nice day :slight_smile:

This thread can be closed, thank you!