Submitting a ticket is not working

I have been trying to submit a ticket for the past 5 hours, and all that is happening is it keep erroring out. I would like to speak to a represenative about my issue. That is all. If anyone knows a better way of reaching out for Technical support let me know.

1 Like

Are you in game trying or on the Battle.net site?

Both. Ive tried both.

Disable any adblocking if using the web site to summit a report… Disabling the adblock etc would allow any pop up (if any) indicating that you tick was received or that there is a waiting period. often if your browser is updating, this could hinder your ability to accomplish completing these types of forum. But with it being the weekend… your response time could be hindered till the following Monday.

I do not have adblock. I do not surf the web on my computer as it is.

You will need to log into Battle.net…

This link is for you to detail your issue.
Let the site display…

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow

Ive literally been doing the process for hours now. Once i reach the end state where i submit a ticket and provide the files and i click submit. The request does not go through and tells me there was an error try again later.

Are the files bigger than they say?
Or the file the correct type?

Its just the 2 files that they make mandatory to submit a ticket. The Msinfo and the DXIAG while highlighting what my issue is.

That is the help notes for your requested info.
Note the area that says to make the files smaller.

115KB, and 3,289KB do not require downsizing.

You can post your dx here , but not the MSinfo here…
As well as your issue.
There are players that can read and help with that one here.

I highlighted me issue in an earlier forum post here in technical support. Its not an issue “players” will be able to help me with.

Listen, I’m not some old guy who doesnt know how to work a computer or a website. It literally should not be this difficult to contact a blizzard representative, or submit a ticket no less. Unless of course their serves aren’t working as they should. Got it they just had a bunch of people get laid off. Crisis happening im sure. Even still a functioning system to contact a representative or at the very least submit a ticket should still be in play for a multimillion dollar corperation. Thats a bare minimum requirement not a luxury. However I could be wrong. Nevertheless I need a representative to resolve my issue. If that cant be provided to me then so be it i guess. Ill let by gones be by gones and move onto something else outside of blizzard.

Sorry… The advice given in your last post is solid. I read you got killed by a NPC and you froze prior to the fact.

Do you see anything wrong at the end of the Dx report that might help you going forward?

No, i did not. Also their advice was about as solid as melted icecream.

If you DC while in the middle of combat the game will sometimes respond by keeping your character active for a small amount of time and eventually phase you out to help mitigate your chances of dying. I’ve witnessed how it works and it has worked for me in one instance because I actually Dc’d that time around. Its not a get out of jail free card. I know players will abuse such features but there is a small safety net in play just in case some things happen. What happened to me this time was not the same because i didnt DC, i charged the mob, and my game immediately went out of sync (best i know how to describe it) the mob likely moved either behind out of my characters melee hit box and instead of the game disconnecting it stayed connected with my character in the game standing in place, while on MY screen i can still move around. All the while my combat text are still working and my hp still draining. Once the mob killed me all my auctions expired and it showed up on my screen as soon as it happened (its how i knew i was dead). The only time it corrected was when i exited and logged right back in (immediately after my auctions expired). Plus the issue only happened when i am in combat. Does not happen when i am traveling.

Listen I dont mind advice if it was advice i can use. However, I cant use “hey, blizzard said screw you and your problems. you likely just DC’d and you took the risk so whatever just move on. Heres some forums about common connection problems suck it up buttercup”.

That doesnt help me because even now when i enter combat on other toons, i am still having the exact same issue. Which means I do not have an adequate playing experience at the moment. However on other online games i am not experiencing DC issues. If i were to start over and play another character in WoW, i would just fall to the exact same problem. Which bring me to my real issue.

I dont need random players to tell me what blizzard can and cannot do. I need THEM to tell me that. Because if i am have trouble with their game i need to be able to inform them so they can possibly help me or not help me. Im not paying you, or any random player. I am paying them and if they cant provide me technical support then as i said before i need to move on to another company. Even now i still cannot submit a ticket. It just tells me in red error try again later after i have hit submit at the bottom. However i can make forum post no problem.

Sorry i am not trying to be unreasonable or a jerk but you literally cannot help me unless you want to submit the ticket for me. Which defeats the purpose of what i am doing.

I have not paid a sub in over a year…
I help out in tech support, because I have been using a computer since 1978.
I have helped with beta testing with Microsoft Windows since 1998.

I asked you to post your info here so I/we can help you fix your computer.

You knew the risk of your toon getting killed in game. They will not restore your toon if the moon fell on your house.

Good day.
I have put you on ignore…

Slap and run technique is what we call that. Its what cowards do when they dont have anything else.

The forum is not a point of contact for the staff. If you want a direct conversation with customer support—and the troubleshooting other players offered in your first thread to help you do so didn’t work—ask someone IRL to help you submit a ticket.

If you want to report a bug, the best place for that is Bug Report.

That said, most software companies will rarely reveal why a bug happened because it creates a security issue. Bad actors will know what’s patched and will redirect their efforts. I have never seen Blizzard disclose why a bug happened, only that it did and they fixed it. This communication would happen publicly, not one-on-one in a ticket.

(Sorry in advanced if the tone of this comes off bitter and frustrated. You’re likely not even going to read this and i honestly do not blame you)

I’m well aware the forum is not a point of contact to their staff. The problem is their point of contact to their staff is not working properly. Otherwise i wouldnt be here in the first place if it was.

I spent hours going through their “contact us” process. Theres no number to call, i looked. There is no email, i searched for that too. The end result was to submit a ticket of the issue.
I even googled to find a number and found one that gave an automated voice message that directs you back to the battle net website and hangs up immediately as the message ends. The final step to their contact us process is to submit a ticket. I attempted to do that for two days even prior to the incident of my HC character dying. The end result of me trying to put in a ticket comes to a stop because when I load my files and described my issue, i am met with in highlighted red “you can’t submit this ticket. an error has occured. This may be a temporary error, so please try again later” i have already checked my internet, ive changed browsers. I even attempted to put in a ticket from my phone by emailing the files to myself and putting it in that way.

The end result is i am stuck at this point.

Over a decade ago i wouldn’t of had this issue of submitting a simple ticket or not being able to get in contact with someone from staff. I’d of submitted a ticket and within 24 hours at most, someone would of spoken back to me about my issue, to tell me in an overly professional manner “we can help you/ cannot help you because these reasons.”
The reason is because 10 years ago blizzard was not on the verge of dying.

I am not even hiding the fact the death of my HC character is frustrating to me because in all honesty it is. (yes i did uninstall and reinstall wow classic to try and fix the issue). The other frustrating thing about this is the realization i probably cant do jacksquat about my situation, and truthfully i figured this to be the case from the beginning. I dont care for how a bug works and how bad faith actors can use it to their advantage. I do care however about my playing experience and where my money is going, and if again it is too much for Blizzard to interact with their player base to help resolve issues whether big or small, then i guess it is time to move on. I’ve lost interest in their game and playing HC classic was the only thing that kept my attention. Seeing as i am having on going issues with that then i guess there is no use in crying about it anymore. Ill move on to something else.

I disagree. Multiple players here in the forum, along with myself, are able to open a ticket. Something on your connection is blocking the website or elements on the page needed for submitting a ticket. This is why I recommended asking someone IRL to assist you with this.

There is no customer service phone number. Those days are gone for most companies.

I believe the reason is increased demand due to elevated numbers of players. Ten years ago, hundreds of thousands were playing Blizzard games. Now there are millions. The staff who answer WoW tickets answer them for all games. The processes changed to keep up with the times. Phone calls are probably the least efficient form of customer service considering most problems can be solved with the support documentation.

Losing an HC character sucks, but where you choose to spend your time in the future is up to you. We’re all just players in the forum trying to help you; our assistance is voluntary and not supported by Blizz profits.