Submit Your Questions for the WoW Development Team Here

With the current state of WoW Retail, it feels like an empty single player game with virtually no player interactions. Are there any plans to add global channels, cross faction channels, and/or more tools and mechanisms that encourage players to interact and communicate?

Thanks.

2 Likes

OK! I have a bunch of questions, I’m sure I’ll come back to this thread and add more later as I think about things and how they are shaping out.

First for the WoW Classic team. With Catalcysm classic transmog coming, will transmog come from past quest unlocks? Somewhere along the way the older quests you completed gave you apperances in Retail WoW, will we have that system with the quests that are going to be removed from the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor Zones so that people who didn’t hold onto gear for years still have those availible to them?

Second, about the Season of Discovery. Do you feel this is the model seasons are going to be moving forward, with radical gameplay changes, new quests or things to discover added to the world? Will some of this carry into whatever the next season of Classic will be or is it all exclusive to here?

What is the status of Wrath permanent realms? Tbc permanent realms? There are players who want to stay in the expansions they love, are you going to be adding these in the future?

Retail Question time!

Wow, three expansions it a lot to show off at once. I am worried about the current pricing model and pace however since you mentioned an increase in pace. We pay 15 pet month for a subscription, plus a new expansion price every year or year and a half now? Plus the general increase in expansion price over time makes me worried about where things are headed. Especially this new 3 day early access feature, it really seems to be wanting to push FOMO which I felt the game was trying to move away from?

I really am looking forward to the story of the World Soul Saga. Can you explain the process behind focusing on a multi-expansion arc versus what we’ve had in the past which has been largely disconnected with perhaps a few plot threads that carry over (like AU Gul’Dan into Legion)?

What do you think thefuture of the game mechanically is moving forward? While it’s great you are looking at making a lot more evergreen systems to build out the game, it makes me worried some features are going to be abandoned continuing the theme of those that have. In particular, PVP has been lacking in Content comparatively to PVE, what is our future there? Archaeology was left behind this expansion for example, is it going to come back? What about the state of Pet Battles which have largely been given little content and care when looking at progression, balanacing, and improvements to the system? How about the Brawlpub, will that ever return? A dynamic scaling system for fights like the one you are using for Delves would be interesting.

Are there any new systems you’re thinking about for Roleplayers going forward? New ways to express yourself, new areas for dedicated roleplay, a way to give our characters custom titles or last names?

Level scaling has been in a bit of a chaotic state. There’s a lot of inconsistencies in terms of scaling in the level brackets in terms of damage, experience gained, and more. There are some expansions where rares and boss mobs have extremely inflated health compared to others. There are enemies that still have broken abilities, there are quests that are still bugged and have been for many years. As a team what are you doing to address this and make it better? Also is it safe to assume Dragonflight will be a 10-70 Chromie time scaled expansion going forward when The War Within Launches?

Playable Earthen! Finally we play as a titan-created race. I’m wondering does that mean more will come in the future? A new subset of more-mecha mechagnomes perhaps? Will neutral allied races be the philosophy going forward or is this just for this expansion?

Is it safe to say this new layered zone idea is going to be seen going forward into newer expansions where warranted where zones can have different sub-zones in of themselves?

With the Delve feature and other changes to world content coming ,have you considered adding larger challenge areas for world content players that can be completed in larger groups. A sort of ‘outdoor’ raid in a sense with goals to complete but not necessarily just a world boss?

Warbands seem like a really interesting feature but I’m curious to learn more how they work. Are all alts included and the selection screen just allows you to change which alts show up, or are you having to pick and choose which ones are part of the system?

There seems to be a lot of focus on what is considered Alliance centric races and characters in these zones, is there something there for the horde coming they should specifically be excited about outside of Thrall? Any characters or things you can reveal that will show up?

Will Turalyon and Alleria be back together? Or is Turalyon staying as king regent in Stormwind for the time being while Alleria goes off into this new journey of discovery?

3 Likes

I really really really like the idea of having an army of alts be grouped together and share benefits with warbands. What are the limitations of such a system? (Note that I am close to maxing out my character slots)

5 Likes

What’s the future of Wrath Classic? Will we have a Wrath Era? Will we be forced to go Cataclysm? Inquiring minds want to know.

8 Likes

I didn’t hear any mention of class / race expansions. When are you planning Paladin for All, for example? Are these coming in the current expansion? Next? Soon™?

6 Likes

Why make WoW 2.0. Make individual xpac servers. That was the whole point of playing classic. choosing which expansion to play…

2 Likes

Love the idea behind the warbands and alts. Could we see it expanded in the future to let us play with our alts somehow? As in, while playing one maybe AI could control one of our alts?

3 Likes

Will neutral pandaren on the Wandering Isle be allowed in our warbands?

5 Likes

Can we finally please get rid of the 25 Quests limit?

9 Likes

When will you be adding Pandaren Paladins? That’s what I need.

7 Likes

With three expansions being announced, are there any plans on a new player housing system being introduced and expanded during the Worldsoul Saga? It was mentioned that something like this would take a few expansions to develop in a meaningful way.

15 Likes

Will the level cap be raised to 80 in The War Within?

What is the anticipated release cadence for these expansions? Releasing the names of three at once is fantastic but it also seems like these could be smaller expansions, or else a faster cadence.

We will be able to collect all transmog armor-types on any class, which is awesome. Will the transmog armor-type restrictions still be in place when we go to transmog our gear?

For Classic WoW: Season of Discovery: is this going to be a seasonal server with a set end? It sounded like the devs are looking at developing more content at max level during the Whats Next, but the Seasonal name sounds like this is a temporary server. I’d love to play as long as I know that server isn’t going to be deleted.

3 Likes

Demon Hunters were specifically mentioned as being ‘special’ due to only having two talent specs in the hero tree reveal. Will we see a third DH spec? Possibly a fel ranged caster, or even and Augmentation Evoker buffing type of spec?

4 Likes

To Blizzard: Can we PLEASE have the Fallen Charger and its variants fly? Ghost horses should fly, the headless horseman mount and Blanchy can fly. So should the Fallen Charger.

6 Likes

When will we see void elf paladins ?

4 Likes

What is the cadence of the Worldsoul Saga expansion releases? Will they be released at a quicker pace than past expansions?

5 Likes

Will we be seeing more race/class combos come available over the course of 10.2? Namely Shamans, Druids and Paladins?

Zandalari Trolls can do almost everything, I would like to see more options for the other allied races.

9 Likes

Are we going to see masculinity return to Warcraft in these future expansions? Please just make it more badass and less feelings. Also free Sylvanas she was the only cool thing you had going for the last 6 years.

2 Likes

Will The War Within have a dedicated collectors edition or will this be digital only

2 Likes

With many raid groups burning out on organizing such a large cadre and sometimes failing to let raid nights happen, are there any plans to introduce flexible group size for Mythic raids?

7 Likes