Submit Your Questions for the WoW Development Team Here

Since we were told that we will be getting new expansions at a faster pace, how fast will these future expansions last? Will it be something similar to the pacing we have seen in Dragonflight?

1 Like

Are there any plans to bring back an option for a permanent Water Elemental pet back into the Frost Mage talent tree, or will it be brought back via Hero Talents?

Ever since the announcement of the removal of the Summon Water Elemental Pet, one of the most active threads on the Mage Forums has been the thread “Ion’s Thoughts on the Permanent Water Elemental” thread, and many other similar topics have also been extremely active. It’s extremely clear that the removal of the permanent pet has struck a very negative chord with some Frost Mage. The reasons given by the devs were that not many players were taking the talent, but according to the patch history, it hadn’t been balanced or touched in 9 years, meaning no one was touching it because it wasn’t actively being balanced/maintained. It feels like an integral talent was lost because of a misunderstanding of data.

Losing a long-time in-game companion is not something that should have been done lightly IMO, and it severely dampened my enjoyment of one of my favorite games ever that I have played for half my life. A permanent pet is a virtual companion, and losing it can feel like losing a dear part of your character. The change to Icy Veins was like if all Hunter pets were turned into “Animal Companion”, and I can’t imagine Hunters would ever let that slide. This permanent pet had 14 years of history behind it and seeing it erased so unceremoniously has given me incredibly mixed feelings about playing this game anymore.

Is there at all a chance that Hero talents will allow for this Hydromancer playstyle that is seen in Jaina Proudmoore’s boss battle, collectible statues, and Hearthstone art? I own a Jaina figure and it prominently features Water Elementals fighting by her side, and I desperately want that feeling back. I feel like the Frost Mage rework was a missed opportunity to make the spec more unique than just being yet another ranged spell slinging mage spec, and I’m hoping Hero specs can bring that sort of pet-master/summoner option back as a playable option. I don’t want a lifeless temporary 30 second summon, I just would like to have my pet that I grew up with added back into the game in some form. It holds so many memories to me and I still can’t bear to log into my mage anymore, even though I made her way back in 2005.

I made some comics on my feelings toward the change. About how different the game feels after losing a companion like that. I was hoping some devs could take a look if they had the time. Thank you! https://imgur.com/a/Mp1ctll

3 Likes

when will death knights get to have red , green or purple eye colors ?

1 Like

When will void elfs get to have frost dk blue and light pink hair colors aswell as more void customizations?

Will Hero Talents be an evergreen system like the new Dragonflight Talent trees? Or will they be a system of 11.0?

Here:

They literally used the word evergreen to describe it

Anything new planned for War Mode? Maybe more consumables and WPvP tier set gear or a free for all flag?

3 Likes

what happened to all my characters
where is WOW

After all these years, are we ever going to get player housing? It’s the biggest thing I’ve missed in WoW compared to other MMOs and solo RPGs.

8 Likes

what will happen to wrath classic? can we lock our characters to that expansion or we all be transitioning to cataclysm?

6 Likes

Super excited for the Warband system for my ever growing team of alts.

What type of limitations will this have eg

• Limits on numbers of alts or can i simply add them all
  • Will they also be cross faction and true cross realm or only linked to connected server clusters
  • Will renown/rep grinds become a singular warband weekly completable on any toon within said warband or will i continue to be able to complete multiple toons worth of progress (do i only have to complete a weekly on 1 toon or will i be able to complete multiple weekly on multiple toon and hit max within a week?)
  • Will all new currencies become available across the warband, are there any plans to add existing currencies to this system that will be used in future content (honor/time walking badges/dragon isles resources etc) and will these also be earnable to all toons individually or will it be a weekly cap type warband system.

I ask this because i generally hop from toon to toon (main, main alts) to complete weekly content for currency/renown as an individual toon gain for professions etc and having an account type system for renown/gold/crafting mats sounds amazing but in the same i also do not want to ‘take’ enjoyable content from each toon while earning reewards to a system of i have the renown but i need to farm that amount of renown’s currency before its useful and turn it into a boring currency grind.

3 Likes

With Classic WoW Cataclysm coming will Wrath servers exist seperate to Era and Cata servers for those who wish to remain in the Wrath version of Azeroth instead of migrating to Cata?

4 Likes

I feel that reporting the spammy dungeon/raid carries doesn’t do anything. I can’t search for a dungeon without first reporting 5-10 bots so I can see the real people wanting to run a dungeon. Will there ever be a meaningful crackdown on bots linking to a third party site for carries?

1 Like

Can we have the addition of Gladiator warrior back into the game? Not necessarily as a prot talent but I’d love to see a true sword (or polearm) and board dps for the versatility of it.

Regarding Season of Discovery:

1. Will the SoD realms have the AQ gates opened or closed by default as it was on SoM realms? (keep them closed, I want to ring that gong again and again and again!)

2. Will we have the chance to get the Soul of Iron cosmetic buff from that NPC in Ironforge or is that simply not a SoD feature?

3. Will battlegrounds be available from day 1? Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin at level 25 could be fun.

4. Assuming the answer to the third question above is yes, regarding Battlegrounds, what are the odds we could get a revamped specially tinkered version of Alterac Valley at 25? Imagine the fun mess AV on foot without mounts could be.

5. What happens at the end of SoD assuming this is a seasonal one year type of thing? Will we be able to transfer our characters to regular Classic realms like we did with our toons at the end of SoM? (say yes, plz!, I can’t see myself putting work into a seasonal toon only to have it abandoned and left behind at the end of the season).

6. Speaking of time-line, what is the intended estimated run time of SoD as it is?

7. Regarding the XP buff, it was stated during Blizzcon that there would be a catch up XP boost mechanism between “phases” so players don’t have to miss out. Fair enough, my question would then be, will the XP buff be present at all at launch during the initial level 1 → 25 grind?

8. Assuming the XP buff makes it live to SoD at some point, will there be a NPC to turn it off altogether? (some people farming reputations as they level generally don’t want to outlevel their quest routes, so as the quests turn green or grey they grant almost 0 reputation).

That’s all for me, hope at least ONE question makes it to the devs panel, (AQ gates closed please!)

1 Like

I have several questions.

1. Will Cataclysm be replacing the WOTLK storyline? Or will they simply be two separately running storylines?
  2. Will Arthas the Lich King still be in reign?
  3. Can Cataclysm be an optional install instead? …
    … because what if I don’t want to play cataclysm, and I like exactly what I’ve got now?
3 Likes

Is regular/old style flying going to be time gated… again?

5 Likes

I am a player who started in 2005 who played religiously from Vanilla through Wrath. I have been off and on since 2011 because my life has change, my responsibilities have changed, and my perspective on the world and life have changed. I went to college, I moved to another part of the world, and I desired to experience more, meet new people and start a family. When you think about someone like me, who are most of your players, sell us on the next 20 years.

2 Likes

Pandaren Heritage Armor when?

5 Likes