Submit Your Questions for the WoW Development Team Here

Will there be wrath era realms…?

8 Likes

Really loving the direction you are all heading especially with Warband and Evergreen systems.

Question: I am very excited about Heroic Talents and the combos we will be able to do, specifically for pvp. Does this mean we can expect combos like Caster DPS Paladin, Holy/Light DPS Priest, shield bearing DPS Warrior, and finally Lightning focused Elemental shaman? These combos sound extremely exciting to me :slight_smile:

What are you going to consciously do for the Alliance to make our guilds competitive with the Horde?
In retail, you “accidentally” gave the game to the Horde? How about giving it to the Alliance this time? Fair is fair.
And how about featuring some Alliance pride this Blizzcon? I’m tired of being insulted for my choice.

That already exists, see the races at the Darkmoon Fair and Brewfest Ram Racing.

Do you really want to make ground mounts more difficult to use?

With the Dracthyr story line complete in 10.1.7 and mopping up Fyrakk in 10.2, Is Dracthyr permanent Visage or more races for Evoker on the table?

The changes to Dragonriding coming in 11.0 seem harder to manage and very third party addon dependent. Can we get confirmation if Dynamic flying is getting an overhaul or a system like Dragon riding we currently have going forward?

Dark Iron Dwarf Customization’s improvements when?

Lore book Gathering Tab for reading all books in the game and accessing them at any time a plan in the future? Maybe the collections tab?

If there is no class for this expansion, and the last 2 announce expansions are wrapping up a Major story line, Is it impossible to put Bard as a fourth spec for Rogue as a support either in The War Within or in the future expansions?

The Classic Ashenvale PVP system is a great idea, can we expect anything like that in Retail wow?

2 Likes

Retail is very overwhelming with “patch” mechanics/content that dies out once the patch is done (e.g., The Onyx Annulet, Primordial Stones, or even Zaralek Cavern itself). Or mechanics like crafting that still do not feel useful at all even with all the content changes for Dragonflight around crafting.

• What are the goals for making content feel meaningful and not just throw it away in 8 weeks when a new patch drops?
  • Is crafting (all professions) going to get an overhaul (again) to make it feel meaningful?
1 Like

Hello! How does the team feel about crafting in Dragonflight and how will it work in the next expansion? My personal take is influenced by having taken a few months off at the start of the expansion. I’ve found it difficult to max out professions with the reliance on crafting orders, and while there seem to be niches here and there, I see a lot of complaints online and I just don’t feel a connection with it.

I like the idea of crafting orders as a supplement, not as a primary focus. I also see why you’ve wanted to make the system more accessible to everyone…but I question how well that’s really worked. It all feels diluted and far less interesting than how professions worked in Legion, for example.

3 Likes

Will feral druids ever see a return of the Claws of Shirvallah form? Strictly as a cosmetic option (with hopefully some new animations)?

4 Likes

first, im hyped for warlock tanking returning. any plans to possibly bring that over to retail. also any chance we can get a melee dps sword and shield spec either for warrior or paladin. i know its too late for the war within, but what are the chances of a murloc allied or regular race?

How will Warbands be represented in-game? Will we be able to interact with them as NPCs at the capital, basecamp, or, dare i say it, pLayERhouSINg?

I feel like this would be great progression of the profession system, where we can talk to our blacksmiths and use them as if we were a blacksmith, without having to do cumbersome relogging in and out and mailing money/mats back and forth.

If my characters are canonically a team, it would be great to even just see them interact in-game.

6 Likes

How about being able to train for all gathering, but each gets harder to master?
Then you can only choose one crafting?

Couple of questions:

Lore/Story Related Questions

1. Who are the First Ones? What is their connections to the Titans?
  2. Is Azeroth a titan, a First one or a prison for a First One?

Gameplay Questions

1. What is your favorite spec and why is it Arcane?
  2. Buff Arcane
  3. Have you ever thought about making M+ for raiding? I’m thinking of something where for the current raid tier, you get a keystone for a single boss that allows you to do the Heroic version of it, but with more health and damage (not affixes please). I’m thinking of using the heroic version because a lot of bosses are fine tuned on Mythic and your window for increasing damage and health of a boss is narrow, but on heroic it should be pretty easy to up that. The other benefit is you could cap these “keystone raid bosses” to 10 man to provide new 10 man endless gameplay loop.
  4. Any thoughts on making a lightning mage? Note: no, ele does not count; half their rotation is throwing meatball-Lava bursts and using Frost Shock. I mean a full lightning mage/shaman.
  5. Any thoughts on making a Cloth tank spec? Something like the Arcane Mage idea where it turns into an Archon from Starcraft where it’s mana bar is it’s healthpool/shield

Future Directions

1. Always happy to see new talent nodes and new levels (going up to level 80 next expac it seems). Are you worried about running into the same problem you ran into after WotLK going into Cataclysm with talent trees? I’m referring to the problem where if you keep going up and up in levels, eventually you end up making gigantic talent trees filled with bloat.
1 Like

Playable Tuskarr and Gnolls when? you cant just tease us by giving Tuskarr and Gnolls female models as 2 of the most requested playable races and then hide them behind glass as a “If subs drop break glass” sorta thing.

2 Likes

With no new Classes or Specs, how will the support role work in The War Within?

Currently, augmentation warps the game around itself. Support specs feel good and are enjoyable to many, so removing them would be a negative. Keeping it to only a single spec is also a negative, and will have long lasting impacts.

Is there any kind of plan for this, or can we expect to simply have another 2+ years where an augmentation evoker is required?

3 Likes

Will there be any storylines addressing the homelessness of the gnomes in future expansions AKA will we take back Gnomeregan for real someday?

4 Likes

Hello Team,

I felt very behind in Dragonflight with many profession recipes locked behind renown. With account-wide renown in War Within and the warband system, how will these new implementations factor into profession progression?

2 Likes

What Classes will be open to Dracthyr? and are Allied Classes on the Table? (Void Paladin or Dragon Themed Demon Hunter for Dracthyr)

2 Likes

Would you consider adding in gladiator mounts for all of the rated pvp brackets aside from 3’s? With solo queue and now solo queue rbgs, the majority of players will be using that as the “new game mode” which makes the other brackets less populated. If you were to add prestigious rewards to every rated pvp mode, it would incentivize more participation dramatically. It doesn’t have to be the same mount as 3v3 gets, something different for each mode would be nice like a distinct recolor so you can clearly identify how someone obtained their achievement.
It feels like rated pvp has less and less people participating and I think this would be one step in a good direction to get more people to play whatever game mode they most enjoy and get rewarded for it

2 Likes

Will we see Torghast again and scaled to “War Within” max level or something similar to it? I loved learning new specs there.

Will we be seeing any Wrath Era servers or are the fans of the Classic “trilogy” we are familiar with forced to move forward to 85?

7 Likes