Sub cost went up?

Yea, their likely to tell me that sales tax is applied to steam or blizzard shop.

Technically speaking, you were notified - your state keeps all tax changes available on their website for your perusal (or anyone’s, really) which can be done at any time by any resident.

Blizzard didn’t make a change, so they aren’t involved in notification, and the state is only obligated to make the information available – they aren’t obligated to ensure that you locate and read it from a legal standpoint.

Mine, for example, is here:

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/?link=TX

3 Likes

All laws are posted. So yes, you should have known that online services would now be taxed.

1 Like

It’s also their job to notify us of law changes. But regardless never liked politics, and I think alot of them deserve some time inside a jail house.

Take this as a learning opportunity. Before the new year every year check your state’s website to educate yourself on what is being changed.

1 Like

watch out… you’ll be “rude” in no time, saying obvious things.

1 Like

Nah only one who is being rude is you my friend

Good god OP, if a dollar in taxes is provoking this kind of reaction I can’t imagine what you’ll do if they actually raise your sub. Maybe nuke California.

1 Like

You gotta pay your fair share so that government can grow and lots of people can get food, housing, and stuff for free.

1 Like

People are thinking of this backwards:

It isn’t that you are suddenly paying “more”; Rather it is that you got by all this time, for all these years of Internet purchases, with NOT paying the sales tax.

We actually should have been. So add up all of those freebies!

They are simply enforcing what we should have been paying.

1 Like

Ack, changed my posting character again. Why does it do that? Is it the last one I checked out of game?

This is pretty solid advice, actually. Most states will usually post a summary of tax changes for the upcoming year on their websites, though depending on whether their financial department has a website of its own, finding it may be more or less challenging than my home state of Texas.

1 Like

You are most welcome.

:cookie:

I’m sure some people in Cali wouldn’t mind this proposal.

Where do our taxes go? I’d like some clear answers. Cause I don’t see anything come from them, oh road work. They’ve been working on i85 for a looooonnnnngggg time.
Only thing I see in my part of the state is. People taking drugs, and abusing the welfare system

Well unfortunately, that’s not something you are going to find out on the WoW forums.

3 Likes

https://www.nc.gov/government/open-budget

NC is more transparent about it than most states, actually.

1 Like

Ummmm what?

I merely said Happy New year as a grim expression for the tax increase in certain areas. Way to make assumptions.

I’m one of the few people who actually defends BFA.

1 Like

Yeah, they don’t disclose everything. Mostly road work, and basic public contracts that they have to display.

Most of it should be on the books, if not all. That website probably details the majority of expenditures, but if you want every detail to the last, you’ll likely have to dig through physical records and expend a lot more effort than it’s really worth.

Personally, I’m not all that interested in how my state spends my taxes, but I am interested in what I can do to pay less of them.

2 Likes

Is theirs one for Massachusetts? i didn’t find mine. I found some, but their not like that example you posted.