Sub cost went up?

Here we go, it did with the implications of sales tax thank you. So every month now I’ll. Be paying $16 instead of $15 cause of sales tax regardless of where it’s Going I’m paying whatever. I’m paying $16 now instead of $15.

So my cost to play the game went up $12 a year Thanks to sales tax

Nope. :slight_smile: I don’t know about any other sales-tax free ones, but NH is one. We do have a gratuity tax for restaurants and such… but on regular purchases if something says $4.99 you pay $4.99.

I know the difference.

You need to consider the audience.

People in this forum are already inflamed about everything game related. They see a thread title “Sub Cost Went Up?” (punctuation is irrelevant) and they come in and start saying things like…

…and so on and so on and so on.

Consider your audience regardless of the type of argument or statement.

1 Like

Nope. In fact, I believe the state of Oregon doesn’t have any sales tax whatsoever, on physical or digital purchases.

Considering the audience doesn’t give one carte blanche to be rude to someone asking a question in a public forum.

People need to learn to read and apply Occam’s Razor, not avoid discourse entirely.

2 Likes

Well, I pay $14.99 for my sub. My state and local sales tax is 8.25% on top of that.

The actual sub is still $14.99 no matter what the additional charges paid are.

If I move 20 blocks down the road :arrow_left: that way, I will only have to pay 7.75% state and local sales tax because of the difference in the city taxes.

Still, the subscription its self is $14.99.

1 Like

I’m not being rude. I’m explaining facts. I’ve said and done nothing rude at all.

2 Likes

That has nothing to do with this discussion. This is not a problem solving issue. It is an economics issue.

Caveat emptor … know your state’s sales tax rates (may need to also know any sales tax rate added by your county and city), and check local news for any new taxes or changes to the tax rate in your locale. Google is your friend.

Not a Blizzard problem, it’s a customer problem that only the customer can solve.

(NOTE TO OP: NC is one of the states that taxes digital services now.)

I generally consider asserting an intent to sow discord in the community to be fairly rude, so we’ll have to disagree on that point.

Ultimately, while it’s fine to clarify fact from conjecture, if you do so in the manner shown in this thread, it doesn’t end well.

1 Like

Jesus this is going nowhere. Maybe i should explain. Your cost and retail cost are different due to tax.

So when I say it costs me $16 that’s with sales tax. So that’s more than retail cost of 14.99 which I was paying last month. Your defensive for no reason.

Technically MY Cost went up due to sales tax. Regardless of WHO I am paying. MY COST for the game went up due to sales tax whatever. That fact isn’t gonna change that I am spending $16.

Again just to state, MY COST is different from Retail cost.

You’re spending tons of effort to concretely point out sub cost did not go up and sales tax is the simplest answer for the final total payment, so yeah, by your own actions, you’ve made it a problem-solving issue.

And even if you hadn’t, since the thread is once again an interrogative, there is a perceived problem from the OP’s standpoint to which Occam’s Razor could easily be applied, and several posters who opted not to do so.

Yeah I figured it out when I posted. I never saw anything and am not blaming anybody. Just arguing the concept of spending atm.

You mean your state government… Not blizzard

(puts out a lovely tray of cookies for all to enjoy in a thread that has strayed so far into left field it’s left the stadium and is on the highway out of town)

:cookie:

3 Likes

It was due Nov 1st so if they didn’t do it till January they greifed it for their customers for the new year. Which is nice, again not blaming blizzard

Thank you grumbles for the cookies

Generally-speaking, tax law takes effect the following calendar year when it is amended.

I don’t have a problem paying tax for digital goods, i have a problem of not being notified of this beforehand…

Allright didn’t know that, just noticed in the article that it was supposed to be put into effect as of November 1st 2018

Take it up with your government. Though they will likely tell you that it is your duty as a citizen to be aware of new/changing laws. Ignorance is not an excuse as they say.

1 Like