Sub cost went up?

I got a couple email notices from a couple of online ecommerce/subscription places I have an account/sub to, saying I would be charged sales tax starting sometime or other in January. Not sure offhand if Blizzard was one of the emails.

1 Like

Oh yay your finally leaving :clap: you too. Either way I pay more regardless if it’s tax or not, maybe you need help understanding spending.

What boat? You referring to the boat that doesn’t float mount?

Companies don’t actually pay the sales tax on their products that they sell (customers do). They are required to charge sales tax to the customer and then remit that amount to the taxing jurisdiction. Blizzard didn’t charge you any more for the product, they just charged you for the sales tax that they are required by law to remit.

2 Likes

I never said I was leaving. And I understand spending just fine. I actually have a full understanding on what I’m spending my money on…be that a sub fee or sales tax.

Reminder that if you’re concerned you’ve been overcharged you should contact support to resolve the issue or get clarification. Posting in GD about it isn’t going to help you get clarity on your bill.

Man, some major quibbling going on in here. I don’t think the OP is trying to assert that it’s Blizzard’s fault he/she paid more – just that he/she did pay more.

Yeesh, what a thing to argue about. State sales tax sucks a murloc foot, but arguing over technicalities isn’t exactly an improvement on that suckage.

3 Likes

It’s because of your states sales tax, a law passed relatively recently that allows online/non-local vendors to charge your states sales tax, where as before they could not, so for some people the cost of things like their WoW sub will go up, it happened to me too. 16 dollars now.

Then you can understand that when you get charged sales tax in concept your spending more than if you didn’t have sales tax.

I understand this quite fine. I’m not blaming blizzard just noticed I paid more.

And however you want to lay it out. In the end I paid more for a sub (with tax) this morning than I did for a sub (without tax) last month. So technically I am paying more to maintain my sub because I am being taxed now. I’m not blaming blizzard. I’m stating I am paying more now. Thank you all

He said, numerous times, that he paid more for the game. He even titled the thread “Sub cost went up”.

That kind of blatant misunderstanding of what is being paid for is inflammatory to the community based on the thread title alone.

He’s not paying more for the actual sub. The subscription cost did not go up. Period.

And yes, I feel that it is probably not a good idea to get an already inflamed forum area even more inflamed by stating false information.

I pay 14.99 US a month, no tax. In Sweden, so the amount is actually different depending on the exchange rate.

1 Like

Uh I’m pretty sure it was in the fourm of a question.

It was a discussion, your the one.makimg this thread heated.

Let me ask you a question. Do you put up a stink like this when you go out to eat anywhere or buy anything? When you go out to dinner and your bill says $15.37 but the items you ordered off the menu said $12 and $1.50, do you cause a stink about it like you are doing now about sales tax? Because this is exactly the same thing. Of course you spend more with sales tax. You spend more on almost EVERYTHING you buy. But you making it seem like a Blizzard issue is funny.

1 Like

Exactly the point I was trying to make. Someone with some sense. :wink:

1 Like

I would if my last meal was cheaper and didn’t know I tax was Being applied.
I didn’t know there was a tax mandate on online services in NC If you scroll up halfway through the post you’ll see where I realized what was going on. I’m only Making a big deal now because somebody (I wonder who) doesn’t realize in a sense I am paying more now. Compared to last month due to tax.

Which happens every time sales tax goes up. Are you recently an adult? I don’t mean that to seem patronizing, but this is literally something that anyone that lives in a state with sales tax (which thankfully I don’t now) has dealt with for years and years.

It still doesn’t float. :frowning:

1 Like

Yes. Exactly. Thank you.

I realize that you are paying the additional cost of sales tax. This is the first time that you’ve acknowledged that the increase in cost was due to sales tax, however.

You’ve said, numerous time (including in the title of the thread), that your sub cost increased.

It. Did. Not.

He/She did pay more. Just not to Blizzard.

With a question mark that you’re omitting. Rather changes the tone.

I don’t really think it is, and even if you believe it does, I don’t see the benefit in shoving facts down his/her throat after they’ve already been provided, in particular the article about NC applying state taxes to online purchases going forward from this year.

I think then that you should consider the difference between an interrogative and a factual statement. And also chill. Mostly chill.

2 Likes

I am 22, but sadly I’m not new to this. I own a house and everything. Just like to see where my money is going. All I am saying is I’m paying more now. I’m not complaining about it, I’m just trying to make a certain somebody understand while the cost of a sub is still the same. You are still paying more now when a tax is added.

For the record,

• I never complained about it
  • I never blamed anybody about it
  • I never said it wasn’t fair
  • I never said it’s wrong

Theres alot of assumptions

1 Like