Stutter...stutter..stutter stutter stutter

I haven’t had any FPS drop just stuttering, but it seems on reddit it has helped a lot of people. I tried it just now and restarted will play for a bit and see how it goes.

Hope it helps.

Please post how it goes. If it works I may uncap my FPS and play at higher setting again.

Speaking of stuttering and frames per sec. Why for the love of all things holy is the FPS read out right on top of your toon when your hit CTRL-R to show it? It used to show at the top-middle of the screen. Now it’s smack bang right over your toon. WHY???

micro stutter everytime i leave meta/demonic,

also everytime i turn my camera lol

i9 9900k
3080ti

1 Like

can probably use /ftsack find the object name for fps and use this macro to move it

You might be on to something, I haven’t been to a populated area yet but i haven’t had any stuttering since restarting. Mind you i’m in WOD content which is mega old and a commodore 64 could run that.

So I did this and based on some reddit comments i disabled “target framerate” and enabled “max foreground frame rate” to 144 and max background frame rate to 144, i turned my graphics back up high and so far no stuttering in Oribos which was the biggest offender.

Solid referral on that script thanks

This is on blizzards “known issues” post and they’re actively looking into it.

I had occasional stutter and found out it was from the GPU Scheduling under Graphics settings in Windows 10 and 11. I disabled the GPU Scheduling and the stuttering went away.

2 Likes

Pfft. I hear ya. I have a fully upgraded computer, my other games run beautifully with no problems—WoW on the other hand, runs like :poop:

1 Like

Thanks for that tip. Works like a charm! :+1:

1 Like

Sitting in full bar loading screen for 10 mins repeatedly. I mean, what can you do lol

I’ve been experiencing stutter for about a month, also a lot of “freeze frame”. Worst case Sha of Anger where the boss spawns, and my character may freeze for 15 seconds and miss the tag.

Get an NVIDIA card and Intel processor.

Going to give this a try.

I’ve been on beta for a while and going back and fourth between that and live, beta stuttered BAD while live was perfectly smooth. Now that the patch is up, live stutters just like beta. I’ve turned down settings which helps but is not a proper fix since I never drop bellow 100fps maxed out.

RTX 3080, 32gb ram, 5800X3D, NVME SSD, Gsync monitor etc etc … It’s definitely the game not our systems. Hopefully Blizz gets it fixed.

For whatever reason the stutter for me is greatly reduced after I lowered the graphics slider down from 10 to 7.

Side note no other version of the game ever did the stuttering and I’ve always played 2k at 10 graphics settings getting 70 to 100 fps in the outdoors.

But it looks good enough it’s bearable now at least.

Me too, that is until I disabled all addon.
I’m loading the up to date now, and the stutter hasn’t returned.

Spell queueing was reeeeeal off the first day of prepatch, and still is a bit haphazard. Something was also wonky with off-the-gcd spells like kick or disengage, that issue persists even now. In general all spells were affected but those were the main cases. Stuttering too, yeah.

Feels like all of it got better since the first fix, though, so probably more smoothness later today.

There’s a stutter for sure, but I haven’t tried the graphics precache fix I hear so highly about. For me it happens as I turn to leave cities or the auction house and then it clears up. I turned graphics down from 10->8 and it seems alright at 2K now.

But addons figure into this I think. I removed most of my “database-like” addons which large memory footprints and have been upgrading them constantly. Seems to also make the problem better. I am running none that are earlier than 10.0.0 TOC, but I can tell a lot of them are still heavy with bugs. Mostly because I see the bugs.

With a high end graphics card and 2K I’m still pretty comfortable where I normally cruise at 120 fps. But I expect things to continue to shake out for a few days.

I recall that the max draw distance was going to be increased. The scale is still 1-10 but it might be that 10 now is a lot higher than it was previously.

If cacheing shaders is an option (and for some strange reason not on by default) then this should be an easy win, too.