Student discount on WoW sub for college students

I believe that college students should get half off of WoW’s subscription, and 25% off services.

College students get discounts for a lot of things now, including music and other entertainment services. WoW should be no exception

edit: this thread is now unofficially locked. stop bumping it ty <3

17 Likes

why should students get a discount what is ur reason other then being entitle

66 Likes

why should you get a discount for being in school?

58 Likes

Okay, then they need to implement military discounts, family discounts, senior citizen discounts and discounts for everyone else who feel disenfranchised. Yup.

73 Likes

That would be reasonable if it wasn’t already dirt cheap at 50 cents per day.

Anyone who can afford college is RICHER than 90% of the US, not poorer. They don’t need any financial help to afford something dirt cheap.

Some companies give students discounts TO HELP THE COMPANY get more sales. Blizzard is not that sneaky.

23 Likes

Hard pass for me. I don’t want to subsidize your entertainment.

30 Likes

Why?

/10char

4 Likes

College students get discounts on the necessities of life and school. A video game is a deterrent to studies.

44 Likes

Vets and first responders don’t get a discount, why would college kids get one?

16 Likes

WoW just wow millennial indeed.

x10000
34 Likes

I feel like a discounted MMO subscription is the worst thing a college student could have.

22 Likes

How about NO.

7 Likes

No,

The reason why there’s Student Discounts for Software like Microsoft Office or Power-Point is because you’re using that software for your studies. World of Warcraft is a Game. No redeeming educational value, unless you consider the social constructs of the game, the makeup of the playerbase, or what does and does not work in developing an MMORPG. Highly doubtful about that, as your argument seems more rooted in entitlement than actual facts or figures.

“MY DAD WORKS THREE JOBS SO I CAN PLAY WOW IN COLLEGE!”

10 Likes

Ok.

But you have to turn in your homework to Blizzard who will verify you’ve completed it prior to receiving your discount.

And no stretching out your papers with clever uses of fonts and leading…

10 Likes

College students should focus on college.

9 Likes

Old people discounts and a pass on rep quest for flying…
Just saying we are old and forgetful.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Drink 3 less beers a month, or better yet…study in your off time.

7 Likes

Okay, what’s going on? Your avatar says MVP but where’s your green text?

Something is not right here.

3 Likes

Why games with little to no educational value like WoW should give away discounts for students in school?

That’s like giving students a discount for Fallout 76 cause Bethesda thinks it can be a great learning experience of the effects on cultural, social, economic (if any) and environmental climates after a nuclear war and such when really it’s just going to turn into game design 101 on what not to do.

2 Likes