Stuck on unwanted artifact questline help?

Alright, I will search for a more up-to-date copy of TomTom, but the option to re-enable it is not there, it is greyed out now…
They did ask me whether I wanted to disable it, and I did agree, but it is now frustrating me!!

Who is “they”? Who asked you to disable it? Was this the result of a ticket? If that’s the case, the addon is still likely there and if it’s out of date, Blizzard has nothing to do with it.

Blizzard didn’t make your addon. So if it’s not working, whoever is the author of that addon is at “fault”.

But again, as someone who has a druid and has done those quests, you really should need some arrow to point you in the right direction.

1 Like

Fine, I will try to find my way around without coords, but it is dark in there, and a labyrinth of tunnels…

Shearor, a ticket isn’t necessary and I’m afraid our Support staff would be unable to help you complete your quest. A quest is possible to be completed without any addons, if you choose to use them that is up to you, but we’re not able to help resolve whatever the issue is with yours, outside of the advice folks have been trying to provide to you here.

As the others have been saying, if you are getting an error when using aspects of the addon, like when accepting a quest, etc… odds are something is wrong with the addon. Uninstall it, and see if you can pick up an updated version.

3 Likes

Go to wowinterface dot com and search for tomtom to get the newest version. It was the fact you had an OUT OF DATE addon that caused the popup asking you to disable it, not Blizzard or the quest line.

4 Likes

Do keep in mind that if you do use add-ons, that the onus will be on both you and the add-on creator to ensure it is up to date. Add-ons typically need to be updated every major patch, and should be updated more often than that.

For that reason, I generally avoid relying on more than a few core add-ons, for which I can still find alternatives in a pinch, or expect to perform without on occasion.

3 Likes

Thanks for all of the assistance everyone, but I did get the latest version of TomTom, and it did remain working until I finished the questline, so I will no longer be needing help here!!

1 Like